RocketBoy

(V8 - Malagarr - CFS) Captain Phoenix and the Nefarious Doctor

*Your entry has earned 6 XP*

800x678.jpg

800x586.jpg

The heroic Captain Phoenix (part-time swoop racer and part-time bounty hunter) stalks the treacherous radioactive wastelands of Malagarr!
                Working off intelligence from CFS vigilante network Nimbus Cell, Captain Phoenix has tracked down a scientist from the nefarious Techno Union.

“Curse you, Phoenix!” screeches the scientist, technologically. “Don’t you know what we could learn from this place? Entire planets turned into reactors! Think of the power, you fool!”

“This inhospitable trash heap has a lesson to share, you’re right about that,” replies the Captain, dashingly. “I’m just not sure it’s a lesson you’re willing to learn.”

800x747.jpg

“Ha! These fools made mistakes! We would do it better!” The scientist began cackling. Evil, computerized cackling.

Captain Phoenix clenched his jaw. “Your hubris blinds you, doctor!” He raised his ray blaster, set to ‘enjustify’. Time to end this mad scheme once and for all.

Just then, movement on the ridge! A cloud of red dust fades to reveal a new danger, a wrench in the cogs: a vicious reaver gang with weapons primed! The Techno Union scientist starts to shuffle away in the chaos.

800x681.jpg

“Blast, Reavers! Watch out, scum! No one can stand in the way of justice!”

How will the incredible Captain Phoenix get out of this one? You’ll have to leave that one to your imagination, dear reader!

More Pictures

Spoiler

800x718.jpg800x794.jpg

Thanks to the CFS Discord for the feedback and community.
Thanks for looking!

Edited by goatman461

On 10/12/2020 at 4:03 PM, Simulterious said:

Yeah, really nice color scheme!

On 10/12/2020 at 3:02 PM, Darth Bjorn said:

Nice little build... Interesting color scheme! I'd maybe throw in an additional color to bridge the gray and the dark red...

Thanks guys! Yeah, I was sort of ready to be done with this one as soon as I started. The color scheme starts to give you a bit of a headache, haha. But hey, it's bold.

I love the colours, the whole pulpy vibe; there's a lot of fun here. It almost seems more like the films that inspired Star Wars than Star Wars itself. 

Nice little build! And interesting color scheme.

I would change the blue torso with something more in line with the rest of the build colors, but that's just a small detail.

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

I love the colours, the whole pulpy vibe; there's a lot of fun here. It almost seems more like the films that inspired Star Wars than Star Wars itself. 

Oh yeah. It was very much a Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, Spaceman Spiff-inspired build. I wasn't that excited about the whole irradiated wasteland thing, so I tried to find a way to have a good time. Thanks for recognizing those influences.  :wink:

Your landscaping is definitely improving as Bjorn said, some of the colour changes are just a little too abrupt but it is a very striking build overall!