Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Four

4 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

"Oliver, it doesn't look like there are many of your books here. How does that make you feel?"

"Yeah nah mate I'm a painter mostly. And the books I do right are just rick rolls."

Spoiler

LMAO

On 11/5/2020 at 12:23 AM, Hinckley said:

I already explained it. Days ago.

:blush: "My apologies, must have missed that."

10 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Let's think about it, kids. Ezra didn't kill Alfie and shut the drive down. He was working with someone. As he was trying to escape, the drive was shut down. We have to assume that's how a trunk hit him on the head, or whatever. Otherwise, he shut the drive down to kill Alfie and then escape...but then somebody hit him on the head to take him out. We can't have it both ways. Whatever Ezra did, one of us is working with him. Let's go. Grace Jones, you have the authority to make every cabin a crime scene. Let's start searching."

"See that still doesn't line up though, the door to storage was forced open. It would have been unlocked during the blackout. If Ezra broke in before the blackout, that must mean he killed Alfie before the blackout as well. But we don't know how he would have gotten into Alfie's room without a key. And if this is all true, what was the point of the blackout?"

5 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Emily pulls out her keys and tears through the upholstery, looking inside the chairs.

"Well of course one of us must be Ezra's helper, otherwise there wouldn't be a mystery to solve."

"You seem keen to give up early."

@Trekkie99 "Oliver, it doesn't look like there are many of your books here. How does that make you feel?"

"Trying to be the most efficient with our time, and can you please not destroy the furniture! How would you imagine someone hid something in there so quickly to begin with?"

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"See that still doesn't line up though, the door to storage was forced open. It would have been unlocked during the blackout. If Ezra broke in before the blackout, that must mean he killed Alfie before the blackout as well. But we don't know how he would have gotten into Alfie's room without a key. And if this is all true, what was the point of the blackout?"

"To be honest, I don't think whoever caused the blackout was working with Ezra. It just seems so uncoordinated. But anyway, Gabriella is right. We should probably get to inspecting the private rooms as quickly as we can. We can start with 1c, Seymour's room, 'cause it's right next to Arthur Peck's.

16 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Emily pulls out her keys and tears through the upholstery, looking inside the chairs.

There's nothing in the chairs, but Emily is successful at property damage.

There's calls for the bathrooms and for Seymour's room. Which shall it be?

"I'm happy to go and examine my room next. Hopefully Colin hasn't chewed out any of the furniture"

The group arrives outside of Charlie Seymour's room, presumably. Opening the door reveals a standard room. There's a large animal crate near the corner of the room where the night stand is. The room looks like the others on the ship, save for some furniture that's been scratched up a bit. The room has a bit of a funky smell owing to the fact that nobody has been cleaning the rooms since the incident and there's a big cat spending most of its time in there. The desk has a usual paperweight on it, along with various other folders, papers, and tablets. Elsewhere in the room, there's a cooler with fresh food in it that Charlie has been hoarding to feed Colin.

"I have a feeling we're not going to get through all the rooms before we reach port. Mr. Seymour, you will be charged for the damage to the furniture. Now let's begin." Arthur searches the bathroom.

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I have a feeling we're not going to get through all the rooms before we reach port. Mr. Seymour, you will be charged for the damage to the furniture. Now let's begin." Arthur searches the bathroom.

The bathroom is just as unclean as the main cabin. There doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary except for a ripped shower curtain and litter all over the floor from the litter box that Charlie had brought along.

8 hours ago, Kristel said:

Noah searches inside the wardrobe.

The wardrobe has all of Charlie's clothes in it. There doesn't seem to be anything that's out of place.

4 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to check the cooler

The cooler is filled with meat and other food that's been stolen from the dinner services and brought back for Colin to eat. 

Grace will examine the papers on Seymour's desk.
"We should probably decide where we're going to search once we're done here as soon as possible." she says. "I'd suggest continuing down this side to 1a, Mallory's quarters."

10 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will examine the papers on Seymour's desk.
"We should probably decide where we're going to search once we're done here as soon as possible." she says. "I'd suggest continuing down this side to 1a, Mallory's quarters."

The papers on the desk are all scientific notes that a typical zoologist would have. There's theories of how Earth's animals would survive on Alpha Centauri and there's also DNA sequences of all the different fauna and flora that are on the planet. The documents look very important and official. The tablets that are also there are filled to its data capacity on similar subject matter. The desk is messy and unorganized and it looks like Charlie's been hard at work here at night. There's also several custody records for the samples that are in the storage section of the ship. 

18 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Aw shucks, I did win some money back when I won the Zoologist of the Year Award a ciuple of years back so hopefully that should pay it off".

4 hours ago, Bob said:

except for a ripped shower curtain and litter all over the floor from the litter box that Charlie had brought along.

"Dammit Colin!!!!" 

On 11/6/2020 at 5:24 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

"I know this is counter-intuitive, but it's quite possible that the blackout was unrelated to the murder. We expect things to fit together, but sometimes they just don't and we have to allow ourselves to consider that."

17 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"That's a logical approach. As long as we ensure nobody leaves the group, it won't matter which order we search in to we may as well do it ergonomically."

15 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will examine the closet.

"Don't worry Grace, Noah's got that covered."

On 11/8/2020 at 8:41 AM, Kristel said:

Noah searches inside the wardrobe.

Charlotte waits to inspect the next room with the group.

"Should probably put some sort of checklist together so we don't skip anything:

Bathroom
Closet/Safe
Desk
Trash
Bed

Anything else?"

Speaking so, Arthur investigates the bed in Seymour's cabin and if there's anything under the mattress.

6 hours ago, Pandora said:

"Don't worry Grace, Noah's got that covered."

"Darn."
Grace will search the trash instead.

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Should probably put some sort of checklist together so we don't skip anything:

Bathroom
Closet/Safe
Desk
Trash
Bed

Anything else?"

Speaking so, Arthur investigates the bed in Seymour's cabin and if there's anything under the mattress.

There's nothing under the bed.

5 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Darn."
Grace will search the trash instead.

The trash is quite full of various animal products and half-eaten foods. It doesn't look like there's anything worthwhile inside there.

On 11/9/2020 at 9:37 PM, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will go through the desk drawers.

Afterwards I suggest we continue to 1a.

The desk drawers have more papers in them relating to the samples and animals that were brought with him.

Jack's room has many books and tablets in it, as well as various writing implements strewn around the room. The rest of the room is a standard one.

7 hours ago, Bob said:

and tablets in it

I'd like to check the tablets for any questionable material on them

"So at this point, what are we exactly looking for? Do we think there's enough evidence that Mr. Parry committed the murder? Granted he's got amnesia for the time being, so that's certainly not helpful. It's looking like Mr. Peck may have had technology that was worth stealing, is that what we're trying to find?"

Arthur checks the bathroom.

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"So at this point, what are we exactly looking for? Do we think there's enough evidence that Mr. Parry committed the murder? Granted he's got amnesia for the time being, so that's certainly not helpful. It's looking like Mr. Peck may have had technology that was worth stealing, is that what we're trying to find?"

"I guess we'll know for sure after we've checked every room."