Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Four

Gabriella hails the bridge with her personal comm.

"Pierce, Jason! What did you tell the Space Police when you called?"

9 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Either they don't give a f*ck about the dead guy but do about some broken crap, or maybe they're hoping the police wouldn't show up."

20 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur gets the Mr. Coffee working again and brews a cup for the policewoman.

"Hey could I get a cup please?"

3 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Either they don't give a f*ck about the dead guy but do about some broken crap, or maybe they're hoping the police wouldn't show up."

"Hey could I get a cup please?"

"Or it was more of a generic SOS." Arthur pours the cup of coffee.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:40 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

"Mr. Parry was found yesterday, but it looked like he had been knocked out around the same time as Mr. Peck's death. The FTL was deactivated around midnight 2 days back now." Arthur gets the Mr. Coffee working again and brews a cup for the policewoman.

"Thank you." says Grace, taking the offered cup. "So was Mr. Peck killed before or after the blackout?"

15 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"I should probably mention that the message we received did say that the ship briefly lost power, so they mentioned that much at least."

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Thank you." says Grace, taking the offered cup. "So was Mr. Peck killed before or after the blackout?"

"I should probably mention that the message we received did say that the ship briefly lost power, so they mentioned that much at least."

"Not entirely sure. If the assailant didn't have key card access the only time they would have been able to get into the room is when the security system was down during the black-out or if they had been invited into the room by Mr. Peck. If the assailant had key card access it could have been at any time."

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Not entirely sure. If the assailant didn't have key card access the only time they would have been able to get into the room is when the security system was down during the black-out or if they had been invited into the room by Mr. Peck. If the assailant had key card access it could have been at any time."

The officer takes a sip. "Well," she says "let's take this one step at a time. At what time in the day did the blackout occur?"

19 hours ago, Hinckley said:

zNfe8Dd.jpg

"All we said is what we knew at the time - that there had been a power loss."

47 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

The officer takes a sip. "Well," she says "let's take this one step at a time. At what time in the day did the blackout occur?"

"As I said earlier, close to midnight."

10 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"As I said earlier, close to midnight."

"Well then, at what time did Mr. Peck go to bed? And had his bead been slept in?"

18 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Well then, at what time did Mr. Peck go to bed? And had his bead been slept in?"

"He was still dressed in the same clothes we had seen him in during the evening and hadn't really unpacked things yet. It was probably around 8 or 9 that he left the lounge for the evening."

Arthur tries to recall what time the passengers headed to their rooms on the first night.

"Hmm. So he was probably killed before the blackout, unless he'd stayed up until midnight anyway, and most likely shortly after he'd gone to his room. Okay, thank you."

With that in mind Grace opens her datapad and uses it to send a message to Space Police headquarters, telling them what she found and requesting an ambulance and a forensics team.

Edited by Lord Duvors

27 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Hmm. So he was probably killed before the blackout, unless he'd stayed up until midnight anyway, and most likely shortly after he'd gone to his room. Okay, thank you."

With that in mind Grace opens her datapad and uses it to send a message to Space Police headquarters, telling them what she found and requesting an ambulance and a forensics team.

"Possibly, but the weapon of choice seems to have been a teapot taken from the lounge. Which means the perpetrator would have had to wait for myself and Noah to finish cleaning, which would have been an hour or two after the guests retired for the evening."

I think Oliver Hudson suggested searching room 1H - the vacant one. I wouldn't mind going there next.

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"He was still dressed in the same clothes we had seen him in during the evening and hadn't really unpacked things yet. It was probably around 8 or 9 that he left the lounge for the evening."

Arthur tries to recall what time the passengers headed to their rooms on the first night.

Around eleven o'clock in the evening, standard ship time.

14 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that Grace's messages are going through. 

5 hours ago, Bob said:

Around eleven o'clock in the evening, standard ship time.

"My, that was a later night than I thought it was. So it would have only been an hour or so between when we saw Mr. Peck and when the blackout occurred. So still a possibility that the killing might have been during the blackout."

6 hours ago, Bob said:

I would like to attempt to send a communication to Blue Star HQ and see if all communications off of the ship are being blocked.

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

I would like to attempt to send a communication to Blue Star HQ and see if all communications off of the ship are being blocked.

It seems there is something or someone blocking communications from this ship.

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

23 minutes ago, Bob said:

"That isn't good. Why would the communications stop working now of all times? I'd imagine it have to be something substantial to knock out an array as big as the ship carries."

14 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I think Oliver Hudson suggested searching room 1H - the vacant one. I wouldn't mind going there next.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

"Should we go to wherever it is that the comms thingymijigi is?"

1 hour ago, Kristel said:

"Should we go to wherever it is that the comms thingymijigi is?"

@Bob Where would one go to screw with the comms? Engineering?

4 hours ago, Bob said:

8 hours ago, Bob said:

Well that puts paid to Grace's plans to run background checks on everyone here.

"Oh, sorry! I almost forgot. Does anyone here know why Mr. Peck was killed?"

"So here is my question... if communications are being blocked, how exactly did we notify the Space Police?"