Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Four

11 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Thanks for the reassurance as most of us write with our feet. :hmpf:  "

"You know what I meant," Jack harrumphed. "I try to not type when I can avoid it. The best work is done by hand."

11 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"We'll need to assume you put them there, unless you have an explanation for how someone got into your locked room."

"Keep in mind somebody brought that demon plush into my stateroom. We know my hands will be on places here, as Graceis clearly scanning. But there should be other people's too. How else would tht thing get in here?"

8 hours ago, KotZ said:

"Keep in mind somebody brought that demon plush into my stateroom. We know my hands will be on places here, as Graceis clearly scanning. But there should be other people's too. How else would tht thing get in here?"

"Well the information from the door handles is worthless at this point anyway, too many people have touched them. Anyway from what I understand anyone in the ship's staff can enter these rooms at any time, correct? And I think that anyone able to imitate their keycards somehow would be able to do the same. However since every major piece of evidence I know about was found either somewhere only the staff could access or in one of the passenger rooms it seems simplest to presume we're after a member of the crew. We should still check all the guest rooms though, just in case."

The door handles may have had many hands touch them, but what about the flush handle on the toilet? Has Grace scanned that? Who touched it?
If she's already scanned that, Grace will examine the trash instead.

17 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Shall we head to another room or keep looking in here?"

"Once they've scanned the toilet handle shall we got to 1B next? I think that plus 1d and 1f are the rooms on this floor we are still yet to search". 

12 hours ago, KotZ said:

"Correct, but the shards would only have ended up in here, after the murder. Since we all assembled soon after the power-outage, that would mean they would have had to enter your room when we were all in the lounge or you would have seen them. Since we were all in the lounge with the exception of the captain and the engineer, who both have alibis, the only option left is you brought the shards back to the room yourself."

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Correct, but the shards would only have ended up in here, after the murder. Since we all assembled soon after the power-outage, that would mean they would have had to enter your room when we were all in the lounge or you would have seen them. Since we were all in the lounge with the exception of the captain and the engineer, who both have alibis, the only option left is you brought the shards back to the room yourself."

"You're assuming that the shards were placed in here the day the murder happened. Considering how few rooms you'd actually searched before today it's possible the shards were somewhere else before being moved here. The same with the burnt papers in the storeroom too."

2 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"You're assuming that the shards were placed in here the day the murder happened. Considering how few rooms you'd actually searched before today it's possible the shards were somewhere else before being moved here. The same with the burnt papers in the storeroom too."

"And we've either been together or in our separate rooms, someone would have had to either been missing from the group when moving the shards or Mr. Mallory would have seen them come into his room."

1 minute ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"And we've either been together or in our separate rooms, someone would have had to either been missing from the group when moving the shards or Mr. Mallory would have seen them come into his room."

"Good point, but someone could've entered while he was asleep. Still, you're probably more right than me."

9 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

The door handles may have had many hands touch them, but what about the flush handle on the toilet? Has Grace scanned that? Who touched it?
If she's already scanned that, Grace will examine the trash instead.

Nobody has touched that but Jack himself. There's not much in the trash that's relevant.

6 hours ago, Tariq j said:

"Once they've scanned the toilet handle shall we got to 1B next? I think that plus 1d and 1f are the rooms on this floor we are still yet to search". 

1B is Sophie's room. Her room is a standard room to the other ones. It appears a bit tidier than most of the other rooms that have been searched so far. Everything seems to be nice, neat, and tidy. There's some heavy textbooks on the desk next to a reading lamp and another frog paperweight. 

On 11/19/2020 at 10:35 AM, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will examine the closet.

The closet has several suitcases and some more books. There doesn't appear to be anything out of place. The suitcases appear empty and there's a variety of clothing on the rack.

9 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'll check the bathroom

The bathroom is meticulously organized and is set properly. There's various toiletries about. 

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Guess I'm checking the trash. I still want answers thought Mr. Mallory."

There doesn't seem to be anything in the trash.

*wakes up* "Sorry, I must have fallen asleep there for a minute. From the stress, I'm sure. Stress makes me tired. I mean, dead people, creepy people, a teapot that seems to have infinite shards to give, secrets, burned papers, it's all too much. I was promised a relaxing job, one where I just ferried around little children on their trips to mildly amusing 'exotic' tourist traps, er, vacation spots. No one mentioned all this. I certainly would have asked for more credits."

"Let's go to 1d, wherever that is."

Arthur checks under the bed, @KotZ "Mr. Mallory, have you had anyone else in your room during this trip?"

Arthur accompanies the group to 1d once they are finished in Jack's room.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:13 PM, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to check the night stand drawers

"On to 1d next?"

There's not much that's odd looking in the night stand drawers besides a pair of fashionable evening dress gloves and some assorted jewelry. 

9 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will examine the desk.

"I'll also vote for 1d, there doesn't seem to be much here."

The desk has some various paperwork in it related to students that Sophie has, including some examination results and term papers.

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur checks under the bed, @KotZ "Mr. Mallory, have you had anyone else in your room during this trip?"

Arthur accompanies the group to 1d once they are finished in Jack's room.

There's nothing suspect underneath the bed.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

There's nothing suspect underneath the bed.

*wonders why people keep trying to look under the beds that are bolted down, perhaps some kind of latent childhood fear*

Room 1D is Oliver Hudson's room. His room is filled with various painting equipment, including different paints and easels. The bed is unmade and there's various paint splashes all over the floor. There's also a painting that Oliver has been working on. It looks halfway finished.

Note, after this room, the chapter will end. 

On 11/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, Darkdragon said:

I will investigate the painting, including the back and between canvas and frame if possible.

The painting appears to be a surrealist interpretation of the Excelsior with some liberties taken in regards to its proportions. It doesn't appear that there's anything hidden in the frame or canvas itself. 

20 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will (again) examine the closet.

The closet is filled with empty suitcases and some spilled paint.

18 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I'd like to examine Oliver's bathroom for any clues. 

The bathroom is does not have any visible clues in it. There's a lot of dirty water though and paintbrushes being dried.