Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Four

22 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to check the tablets for any questionable material on them

There's just drafts for future books and previous books as well. 

15 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"So at this point, what are we exactly looking for? Do we think there's enough evidence that Mr. Parry committed the murder? Granted he's got amnesia for the time being, so that's certainly not helpful. It's looking like Mr. Peck may have had technology that was worth stealing, is that what we're trying to find?"

Arthur checks the bathroom.

The bathroom is a standard passenger bathroom. There's various toiletries on the sinktop, and the Marvin the Martian plushie still in the medicine cabinet, which is open. It appears there may be something behind the toilet as well.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

There's just drafts for future books and previous books as well. 

The bathroom is a standard passenger bathroom. There's various toiletries on the sinktop, and the Marvin the Martian plushie still in the medicine cabinet, which is open. It appears there may be something behind the toilet as well.

Arthur inspects behind the toilet. "Hold on a sec..."

1 hour ago, Bob said:

It appears there may be something behind the toilet as well.

"Oi whatcha hidin back dere mate?"

I’d like to examine underneath and on top of the bed to check for any clues.

On 11/12/2020 at 5:18 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

"So at this point, what are we exactly looking for? Do we think there's enough evidence that Mr. Parry committed the murder? Granted he's got amnesia for the time being, so that's certainly not helpful. It's looking like Mr. Peck may have had technology that was worth stealing, is that what we're trying to find?"

Arthur checks the bathroom.

Was there anything missing from Mr Peck’s room? It’s possible the murderer took a bit of evidence that would incriminate them and hid it in their own room. Or took something about the technology - like a USB stick or a guide and hid it in their own or someone else’s room.

"Shame we haven't come up with anything yet, except perhaps the thing behind the toilet."

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Or took something about the technology - like a USB stick or a guide and hid it in their own or someone else’s room

"Excellent logical supposition, Charlie! It's quite possible someone has secreted a USB stick somewhere. To that end" Emily disassembles the writing implements in Jack's room to look for gadgetry including USB sticks.

8 hours ago, jimmynick said:

It's quite possible someone has secreted a USB stick somewhere.

"Who the heck uses usb sticks these days? Didn't Apple go wireless back in 2021 and everyone else followed suit?"

On 11/12/2020 at 4:32 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur inspects behind the toilet. "Hold on a sec..."

Behind the toilet are some teapot shards.

On 11/12/2020 at 8:12 PM, Lord Duvors said:

Grace examines the closet.

There's nothing obvious in the closets except for a few empty suitcases that have been unpacked 

16 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I’d like to examine underneath and on top of the bed to check for any clues.

There's nothing visible on or underneath the bed.

13 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Emily disassembles the writing implements in Jack's room to look for gadgetry including USB sticks.

Emily smashes -- I mean disassembles -- the various writing implements. There's no hidden storage drive sticks or anything like that. Many hours of Jack's work are potentially destroyed by this.

On 11/12/2020 at 2:25 PM, Bob said:

and the Marvin the Martian plushie still in the medicine cabinet, which is open.

I'd like to inspect the plushie anything abnormal hidden inside it

4 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to inspect the plushie anything abnormal hidden inside it

The plushie seems to be in mint condition. You can’t feel anything inside of it besides the fluff. 

15 hours ago, Bob said:

Behind the toilet are some teapot shards.

"Well, looks like we found where that one bloody shard came from."

Grace will scan the shards with her Bicorder and bag them as evidence.

“Now that’s an interesting development. Jack, do you notice anything in your room that appears to have been tampered with/touched since you last were in here (other than the stuff we’ve searched)?” 

Oi Jack mate. Let me check ya hands for a min mate.

I'd like to inspect Jack Mallory's hands for any injuries

On 11/14/2020 at 1:33 PM, Lord Duvors said:

"Well, looks like we found where that one bloody shard came from."

Grace will scan the shards with her Bicorder and bag them as evidence.

They seem to have come from the same teapot.

11 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Oi Jack mate. Let me check ya hands for a min mate.

I'd like to inspect Jack Mallory's hands for any injuries

There doesn't appear to be any scars or injuries on his hands.

Whilst we wait for Mr Mallory I’d like to examine both door handles on the bathroom door for fingerprints and on the toilet flush handle as well. It’s possible that (whoever up the shards there) tried to dispose of them down the toilet first but they didn’t go down. 

There's definitely fingerprints on both locations, implying that people did use the bathroom door and toilet.

55 minutes ago, Bob said:

There's definitely fingerprints on both locations, implying that people did use the bathroom door and toilet.

Grace will scan the handles with the bicorder.

"I'm unsure. I've been a sort of fog for a bit." He looks at his hands. "And I'd like to think I have no injuries to my hands, I write with them!"

4 hours ago, KotZ said:

"I'm unsure. I've been a sort of fog for a bit." He looks at his hands. "And I'd like to think I have no injuries to my hands, I write with them!"

"Thanks for the reassurance as most of us write with our feet. :hmpf:  "

4 hours ago, KotZ said:

"We'll need to assume you put them there, unless you have an explanation for how someone got into your locked room."

25 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Shall we head to another room or keep looking in here?"

"Well no-one has checked the trash yet. As for where to go next the obvious place would be 1b, as it's the closest place we haven't looked."

23 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will scan the handles with the bicorder.

There's numerous handprints on both locations from different people on the ship, mostly Jack.