Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Four

10 hours ago, Pandora said:

Charlotte looks at Oliver for a while and considers the sound they would all have to endure if she acquiesced to Oliver's request.

"No." she replies, not unkindly

"We don't truly know if it was the stolen documents that were burnt. Do we know for certain that documents were definitely stolen?" Charlotte screws up her face a little trying to remember.

"Not 100% proof, just conjecture giving Mr. Peck's line of work and the letter found on him."

zNfe8Dd.jpg

"I think that if we increase our speed to near safety limits, we can get to Alpha Centauri quicker. Especially with some strange ship out there and no communications. Gabriella, do you think you can manage this?"

"Definitely."

Gabriella goes to Engineering to push the ship closer to safety limits.

-851-2048x1070-0.png?ztv=20190114122150

The Excelsior will now arrive on Alpha Centauri in about two days rather than the scheduled remaining eight or so. Would the group like to check somewhere else, or is there anything else in Housekeeping they'd like to observe? 

I vote to check the library

"Who knows what could be hiding elsewhere after finding the burnt paper."

22 hours ago, Bob said:

There's no real fingerprints, but there's quite a lot of Gabriella residue on them.

"Well, uhh, that's kinda what I expected honestly."

28 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

I vote to check the library

"Who knows what could be hiding elsewhere after finding the burnt paper."

"Seconded, I'd like to get as much done as possible in the time we have left."

"Well there's plenty of paper, but I'd be distraught if some of our passengers have taken to book burning."

Arthur agrees with the motion to head to the library next.

The library is a modestly sized room with several reading chairs and bookshelves filled with various books. There's also several reading tablets on charge on one shelf.

49 minutes ago, Bob said:

The library is a modestly sized room with several reading chairs and bookshelves filled with various books. There's also several reading tablets on charge on one shelf.

I check the tablets for any odd reading choices.

3 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"How To Deal With Poor Self Image From Being Stuck As A Human Because You're A Shape Shifter"

I'd like to tip every book forward a few degrees to see if any open a secret passage.

16 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

There’s nothing odd on the tablets. It doesn’t appear that there’s been much reading on this trip, people seem to have been occupied with other issues. The reading tablets are wiped at the end of every voyage as well. 

15 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I'd like to tip every book forward a few degrees to see if any open a secret passage.

There’s no secret passages revealed by the books being tipped slightly. It takes Gabriella a long time to do this. 

15 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will check behind the bookshelves.

Grace cannot check behind the bookshelves, as the bookcases are bolted to the ground in the event of turbulence. She does, however, check behind the books and is unable to find anything of any note. 

I'd like to check the cushions of all the chairs. If there's nothing of any note I'd like to stack the chairs in a pyramid and play Cleopatra.

Arthur investigates the library to see if there is a check-out system and if so which books are currently not in the library.

"Anybody check the trash yet?"

"I Don't think anyone has" 

I'd like to check the trash cans/bins for any clues ot evidence that someone might have disposed of. 

On 11/3/2020 at 10:26 AM, Hinckley said:

I'd like to check the cushions of all the chairs. If there's nothing of any note I'd like to stack the chairs in a pyramid and play Cleopatra.

There's nothing in the chairs, but you have a good time anyway.

On 11/3/2020 at 10:46 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur investigates the library to see if there is a check-out system and if so which books are currently not in the library.

"Anybody check the trash yet?"

Gabriella has checked out an autobiography about Captain Bennett.

On 11/3/2020 at 2:06 PM, Tariq j said:

"I Don't think anyone has" 

I'd like to check the trash cans/bins for any clues ot evidence that someone might have disposed of. 

There's nothing obvious in the trash cans that you can see.

5 hours ago, Bob said:

Gabriella has checked out an autobiography about Captain Bennett.

"Work or pleasure, Genie?"

"Looks like no further clues, which leaves only the exercise room and restrooms, excluding passenger rooms of course. I'd lobby for the former unless there's any objections."

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Work or pleasure, Genie?"

I already explained it. Days ago.

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I'd lobby for the former unless there's any objections."

I vote to go check out the restrooms

"Who's gonna volunteer to check the toliet(s) when they find one clogged from someone trying to flush evidence or something?"

"Let's go to a room that has some clues. Let's start digging through everyone's belongings. We can start with my room."

"Let's think about it, kids. Ezra didn't kill Alfie and shut the drive down. He was working with someone. As he was trying to escape, the drive was shut down. We have to assume that's how a trunk hit him on the head, or whatever. Otherwise, he shut the drive down to kill Alfie and then escape...but then somebody hit him on the head to take him out. We can't have it both ways. Whatever Ezra did, one of us is working with him. Let's go. Grace Jones, you have the authority to make every cabin a crime scene. Let's start searching."

On 11/2/2020 at 10:25 PM, Bob said:

Emily pulls out her keys and tears through the upholstery, looking inside the chairs.

5 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Let's think about it, kids. Ezra didn't kill Alfie and shut the drive down. He was working with someone. As he was trying to escape, the drive was shut down. We have to assume that's how a trunk hit him on the head, or whatever. Otherwise, he shut the drive down to kill Alfie and then escape...but then somebody hit him on the head to take him out. We can't have it both ways. Whatever Ezra did, one of us is working with him. Let's go. Grace Jones, you have the authority to make every cabin a crime scene. Let's start searching."

"Well of course one of us must be Ezra's helper, otherwise there wouldn't be a mystery to solve."

On 11/5/2020 at 3:51 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

"Looks like no further clues, which leaves only the exercise room and restrooms, excluding passenger rooms of course. I'd lobby for the former unless there's any objections."

"You seem keen to give up early."

@Trekkie99 "Oliver, it doesn't look like there are many of your books here. How does that make you feel?"