Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Four

A440ywK.jpg

Let's assume we're going to housekeeping. Here's an image of the room. There's some general cleaning supplies, a cabinet, and some spare furniture that's there just in case some other furniture breaks. 

I would like to take the FABULAND wrench.

I'd like to open all of the drawers and look inside.

8 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Grace throws her hands up in exasperation. "Well it would've been nice if someone told me that! What, do you people think I can read minds or something? All anyone mentioned was that his hands were injured. How do you even know his prints were on the weapon? I thought you didn't have any fingerprinting kits aboard. In fact, let me see this weapon, I'd like to check it out for myself."

"I don't think we ever got conclusive proof that Mr. Parry's fingerprints were on the murder weapon, only that his hands were roughed up in a manner that would be consistent with working with broken pottery." As the group heads for housekeeping Arthur recalls his question unanswered from earlier.

""Dr. Frost @Fugazi, Mr. Seymour @Tariq j, your rooms are across from and next to Mr. Peck's, did you happen to hear anything from his room around the time of the power outage?"

As they arrive at housekeeping Arthur inspects the transparent red container trying to discern its purpose. "Nobody touch the teapot."

9 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I would like to take the FABULAND wrench.

I'd like to open all of the drawers and look inside.

Gabriella pockets the massive FABULAND wrench. The drawers are all mostly empty. Inside one of them, however, appear to be cinders from a paper that has been burned and then hastily thrown in the drawer. It's barely noticeable and it doesn't appear possible to reconstruct it.

8 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

As they arrive at housekeeping Arthur inspects the transparent red container trying to discern its purpose. "Nobody touch the teapot."

The red container contains cleaning fluid that is used to freshen up the rooms. 

6 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to open the black cabinet on the left to see what's inside

The cabinet is filled with various toilietries as well as fresh linens and towels. It seems to be a regular storage cabinet

25 minutes ago, Bob said:

Inside one of them, however, appear to be cinders from a paper that has been burned and then hastily thrown in the drawer. It's barely noticeable and it doesn't appear possible to reconstruct it.

"Bro! Ezra killed Alfie, stole his plans, and then burned them??? WTF dude?!"

"I'd like to check inside the bag of the vaccum cleaner to see if aby evidence/clues are inside"

11 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

""Dr. Frost @Fugazi, Mr. Seymour @Tariq j, your rooms are across from and next to Mr. Peck's, did you happen to hear anything from his room around the time of the power outage?"

"Not that I can recall, no. From what I can remember Colin was hungry so I was giving him some snacks. Then I got up to chevk on my Petri dishes when the power went out"

Emily takes the lid off the teapot and looks inside.

"Does anyone on this vessel have any means of lighting a fire? Anything from a butane lighter to laser vision?"

6 hours ago, Tariq j said:

"I'd like to check inside the bag of the vaccum cleaner to see if aby evidence/clues are inside"

"Not that I can recall, no. From what I can remember Colin was hungry so I was giving him some snacks. Then I got up to chevk on my Petri dishes when the power went out"

"Are you saying you were out of your room when the power went out?"

Arthur checks if there is a lock on the door to housekeeping and if it seems to have been recently tampered with.

Charlotte picks up the magnifying glass.

"Hopefully this will come in handy."

She then moves to inspect the drills? on the floor, picking one up and examining it in detail.

19 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I don't think we ever got conclusive proof that Mr. Parry's fingerprints were on the murder weapon, only that his hands were roughed up in a manner that would be consistent with working with broken pottery." As the group heads for housekeeping Arthur recalls his question unanswered from earlier.

"Well I'd still like to have a look at the weapon anyway. It seems kinda important."

11 hours ago, Bob said:

The drawers are all mostly empty. Inside one of them, however, appear to be cinders from a paper that has been burned and then hastily thrown in the drawer. It's barely noticeable and it doesn't appear possible to reconstruct it.

Grace will scan the drawers with the bicorder to see if there's any DNA evidence.
"Okay, this probably shouldn't be here. Tell me, who's supposed to be able to access this room?"

8 hours ago, Tariq j said:

A bunch of dust falls onto the floor, but there's no real dirt or anything in there. 

5 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Emily takes the lid off the teapot and looks inside.

"Does anyone on this vessel have any means of lighting a fire? Anything from a butane lighter to laser vision?"

The teapot is empty. There are means of lighting fires on this ship, especially during candle dinners. 

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Are you saying you were out of your room when the power went out?"

Arthur checks if there is a lock on the door to housekeeping and if it seems to have been recently tampered with.

There's no lock on the door, but it's meant to be off-limits to guests.

1 hour ago, Pandora said:

Charlotte picks up the magnifying glass.

"Hopefully this will come in handy."

She then moves to inspect the drills? on the floor, picking one up and examining it in detail.

Charlotte picks up the socket wrench (it's not a magnifying glass) and then inspects the drills. They're top of the line technology and they don't appear to be used much. It seems that Blue Star typically replaces broken furniture rather than repairing it.

4 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Well I'd still like to have a look at the weapon anyway. It seems kinda important."

Grace will scan the drawers with the bicorder to see if there's any DNA evidence.
"Okay, this probably shouldn't be here. Tell me, who's supposed to be able to access this room?"

There's no residual DNA evidence. The cinders that are in one drawer appear to have been there for less than a week, though from what you can tell by your bicorder.

27 minutes ago, Bob said:

There's no residual DNA evidence. The cinders that are in one drawer appear to have been there for less than a week, though from what you can tell by your bicorder.

"Well, that doesn't really tell us anything. Though it's odd that there doesn't seem to be even remnants of spittle from someone's breath. I wonder..."
Grace will scan the bottle of cleaning fluid to see if there's any DNA there.

Gabriella hands the teapot shard and the bag of evidence from her underwear to Grace Jones.

"Here's some other evidence we found."

13 hours ago, Bob said:

Charlotte picks up the socket wrench (it's not a magnifying glass)

Charlotte would like to keep hold of the socket wrench please.

1 hour ago, Pandora said:

Charlotte would like to keep hold of the socket wrench please.

"Could I have it to use as a fidget toy?"

Spoiler

"Why burn something in here as opposed to a private room?"

Arthur inspects whether the storage room has a smoke detector and if so whether it's been disabled.

On 10/29/2020 at 6:35 PM, Lord Duvors said:

"Well, that doesn't really tell us anything. Though it's odd that there doesn't seem to be even remnants of spittle from someone's breath. I wonder..."
Grace will scan the bottle of cleaning fluid to see if there's any DNA there.

There's no DNA in there, but there's residual DNA from Arthur on the actual container.

8 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Why burn something in here as opposed to a private room?"

Arthur inspects whether the storage room has a smoke detector and if so whether it's been disabled.

There's a fire suppression system, however something like a burning piece of paper would not have triggered it. 

23 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Gabriella hands the teapot shard and the bag of evidence from her underwear to Grace Jones.

"Here's some other evidence we found."

"Ah, uh, thanks? Why were you keeping them in your... never mind, I don't want to know. What are these little metal thingamabobs?"
Grace turns the scanner on the evidence presented to her.

On 10/29/2020 at 6:14 AM, Trekkie99 said:

"Bro! Ezra killed Alfie, stole his plans, and then burned them??? WTF dude?!"

"Why would someone go to the trouble of stealing documents only to burn them?"

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Maybe they were scanned before they were burned?"

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Competition? Or maybe he already took photos of them. Maybe that's what we should look for. Did we search Ezra?"

On 10/30/2020 at 1:12 PM, Trekkie99 said:

"Could I have it to use as a fidget toy?"

Reveal hidden contents

Charlotte looks at Oliver for a while and considers the sound they would all have to endure if she acquiesced to Oliver's request.

"No." she replies, not unkindly

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"We don't truly know if it was the stolen documents that were burnt. Do we know for certain that documents were definitely stolen?" Charlotte screws up her face a little trying to remember.

22 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Grace turns the scanner on the evidence presented to her.

There's no real fingerprints, but there's quite a lot of Gabriella residue on them.