Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Four

10 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

@Bob Where would one go to screw with the comms? Engineering?

Back to the bridge, most likely. 

10 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Well that puts paid to Grace's plans to run background checks on everyone here.

"Oh, sorry! I almost forgot. Does anyone here know why Mr. Peck was killed?"

"Nothing concrete, he wasn't the most talkative passenger. An examination of his room led us to believe he had recently ignored a persuasive offer to buy his technology he was researching from him. Could be some sort of corporate espionage."

9 hours ago, Shadows said:

"So here is my question... if communications are being blocked, how exactly did we notify the Space Police?"

"Could be a recent event to stop any more communications from getting out. Perhaps the perpetrator wasn't aware of the ships long range communication abilities before all of this began and looked to sabotage it when it came to light?"

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Could be a recent event to stop any more communications from getting out. Perhaps the perpetrator wasn't aware of the ships long range communication abilities before all of this began and looked to sabotage it when it came to light?"

"I don't know, it seems awfully sus to me. I think we eject the cop. Kidding, sort of. Still, they show up in response to a call that we shouldn't have been able to make and don't even know why they're here, it's not quite right..."

I'd like to take a look at the Space Police ship to confirm that it is one.

1 hour ago, Shadows said:

"I don't know, it seems awfully sus to me. I think we eject the cop. Kidding, sort of. Still, they show up in response to a call that we shouldn't have been able to make and don't even know why they're here, it's not quite right..."

"It's very suspicious, as is her annoyance at us asking for identification. You'd think an actual member of the Space Police would have offered up the ID without being asked in the first place."

3 hours ago, Shadows said:

I'd like to take a look at the Space Police ship to confirm that it is one.

It is indeed a Space Police Interceptor-class emergency response ship. 

On 10/16/2020 at 5:28 AM, Bob said:

Back to the bridge, most likely. 

I'd like to contact the bridge if possible

"Ayo Jason & Pierce? You two okay there mate?"

3 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to contact the bridge if possible

"Ayo Jason & Pierce? You two okay there mate?"

zNfe8Dd.jpg

"Hello! It seems someone is jamming our communications. Raspberry flavor, I'm afraid." 

"Do any of the crew know how someone could (raspberry) jam communications from inside the ship? Maybe if we could find the source of the jamming and figure whether someone is doing it internally or if it's from an external source"

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

"Do any of the crew know how someone could (raspberry) jam communications from inside the ship? Maybe if we could find the source of the jamming and figure whether someone is doing it internally or if it's from an external source"

"I'm not a crew membe but I wrote something similar in a book. They were using a handheld signal jammer. Small. The size of a phone. We should look for that."

7 hours ago, Bob said:

zNfe8Dd.jpg

"Hello! It seems someone is jamming our communications. Raspberry flavor, I'm afraid." 

"Is pierce with you? Is he alive?"

*Pierce

8 hours ago, Bob said:

zNfe8Dd.jpg

My gosh... LONE STARR!!!

43 minutes ago, Kristel said:

"Is pierce with you? Is he alive?"

*Pierce

4HM4d8q.jpg

"Hello! Yes! I'm still here!" 

On 10/17/2020 at 9:14 AM, Bob said:

zNfe8Dd.jpg

"Can you guys scan for any ships near us? Are they saucers? We're so f*cked if they're saucers."

4 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Can you guys scan for any ships near us? Are they saucers? We're so f*cked if they're saucers."

zNfe8Dd.jpg

"What kind of ship do you think we're on? This is a luxury liner, not a military vessel." 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

zNfe8Dd.jpg

"What kind of ship do you think we're on? This is a luxury liner, not a military vessel." 

"So no lasers? We're so f*cked."

"Right. Guys! Do we need like a team captain or someone to drag everyone around?" 

I'd like to scan for life forms on the ship and see where they're located. If I need to go to a part of the ship to do that such as engineering, then I'd like to run ther myself to check.

“If there’s a signal jammer, it’ll be important to locate it at some point, but as long as we’re still enroute to our destination, we should probably continue our search. 1H right?”

20 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

“If there’s a signal jammer, it’ll be important to locate it at some point, but as long as we’re still enroute to our destination, we should probably continue our search. 1H right?”

"There would be no reason to jam us if they weren't worried about someone knowing what has happened. Do you really think they're going to let us get to our destination with that in mind?"

“I do, I think they may be just trying to distract us from figuring out the murder at hand and stalling the clock until we make port. If they wanted us dead in the water, don’t you think they would have sabotaged the ship more thoroughly? How do you propose we stop the blocking? If you’ve got an efficient strategy, I’d be glad to go along, but we’ve got more clues for the current mystery than this new conundrum.”

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

“I do, I think they may be just trying to distract us from figuring out the murder at hand and stalling the clock until we make port. If they wanted us dead in the water, don’t you think they would have sabotaged the ship more thoroughly? How do you propose we stop the blocking? If you’ve got an efficient strategy, I’d be glad to go along, but we’ve got more clues for the current mystery than this new conundrum.”

"Unless this cop is fake, the second we arrive, the ship will be locked down until the murder is solved. They aren't going to let that happen. Makes me even more suspicious of the cop, who could easily have arrived in a stolen ship to help the killer and anyone else involved in this."

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"but we’ve got more clues for the current mystery than this new conundrum.”

"Exactly. So we should keep looking into it, and find Ezra for frick's sake we have a murderer on the loose!!!"

The party arrives at room 1H. It's not locked, since it's not occupied. The room is similar to the other cabins on the ship - it's got a bed with a nightstand, a desk with a lamp and a small little statue, and a tall lamp. There's also the standard bathroom and closet on opposite sides of the room.

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

and a small little statue

I'd like to smash the small sta-HAHAHAHA JK JK.

I'd like to quickly open the closet door, ram my head in and scream "BOOOOO!!!". I guess I'll also check for anything that might be in the closet lol.

On 10/16/2020 at 2:33 PM, Shadows said:

"I think it's been established at this point that my ignorance is your pilots' fault. And it's possible that the killer only started jamming communications after the initial message was sent. Doesn't explain why your boys in communications never radioed in about the dead body after it was found though."

On 10/16/2020 at 3:50 PM, Darkdragon said:

"It's very suspicious, as is her annoyance at us asking for identification. You'd think an actual member of the Space Police would have offered up the ID without being asked in the first place."

"Well I'm sorry, but normally people don't need more identification than my uniform. And the interceptor too. I'm not a plainclothes detective after all."

On 10/17/2020 at 1:33 PM, KotZ said:

"I'm not a crew membe but I wrote something similar in a book. They were using a handheld signal jammer. Small. The size of a phone. We should look for that."

"Sir, unless you can prove that such a device exists and isn't an authorial flight of fancy then I'm not going to base my assumptions on something you wrote in a book once."
Grace is uncertain though, does such a device exist?

6 hours ago, Shadows said:

"Unless this cop is fake, the second we arrive, the ship will be locked down until the murder is solved. They aren't going to let that happen. Makes me even more suspicious of the cop, who could easily have arrived in a stolen ship to help the killer and anyone else involved in this."

Grace sputters a bit. "Wha- I'm sorry, what is it with you people? I'm the only person here who can't be guilty of murder and the moment I arrive I'm immediately the subject of suspicion? If I was in cahoots with the killer- well, why would I be? And what would they gain from me being here if I'm immediately going to be accused of helping them? And you suspect me because of a mistake that your own piloting crew admit was their fault? Have I got that right? Oh, and the communications jamming, mustn't forget that. Well that's easy to deal with."
Grace will contact the Bridge.
"Mr. Jason, Mr. Peirce? You should've been receiving messages telling you how close I was every 24 hours. Did you receive any?"

3 hours ago, Bob said:

The party arrives at room 1H. It's not locked, since it's not occupied. The room is similar to the other cabins on the ship - it's got a bed with a nightstand, a desk with a lamp and a small little statue, and a tall lamp. There's also the standard bathroom and closet on opposite sides of the room.

If nothing else Grace has done counts as an action, she'll take out her Bicorder and scan the room for any evidence.

Arthur searches the desk.

7 hours ago, Shadows said:

"I'm not sure it would be as easy as you're suggesting, there's a whole lot of 'what if's' in there. I'm glad you're confident in the lockdown once we arrive, but if we keep in mind the sabotage, the communication blocking, and everything else we've encountered so far, do you really think a single locked door is going to keep them from fleeing. Plus I'm sure the authorities won't be able to hold everyone indefinitely, which means we need to figure them out now while we've got the chance."

46 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

Grace sputters a bit. "Wha- I'm sorry, what is it with you people? I'm the only person here who can't be guilty of murder and the moment I arrive I'm immediately the subject of suspicion? If I was in cahoots with the killer- well, why would I be? And what would they gain from me being here if I'm immediately going to be accused of helping them? And you suspect me because of a mistake that your own piloting crew admit was their fault? Have I got that right? Oh, and the communications jamming, mustn't forget that. Well that's easy to deal with."
Grace will contact the Bridge.

"It should be noted that Mr. Parry, inexplicably had the launch codes for the escape pods on his person. The killer might be looking for a way to escape and a secondary vehicle could provide just that. I trust you have your keys on you and you locked your ship?"