Versteinert

Modular Pub – alternate build for 10264 Corner Garage

The positive feedback to my alternate build of the Old Fishing Store gave me the motivation to try a second alternate build. This time I built with the parts from the LEGO 10264 Corner Garage. I used 2322 of the 2545 pieces of the Corner Garage, counted without minifigures/animals.

Of course, I again created some building instructions. You can find them in following this link: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-53879 /

The building is designed to either fit the end of a row of modular houses or as usual between two of them. If it is placed between two houses, the staircase becomes a narrow alley, as it often can be found in old towns.

50441651677_fd02f61caa_b.jpg10264 Corner Garage - alternate build by Versteinert, auf Flickr

Besides the pub, the building contains some arcade machines on the ground level, an appartment with appartment-stuff on the first floor and a sewing room on the second floor.

I tried to build something as different as possible to the original set. Since the basic idea was to build a modular house, I coudn't change this fact. So I had to get 100% rid of the garage topic and even found a new use for the scooter and the garage sign in the arcade machines.

800x907.jpg800x907.jpg

800x1204.jpg

800x532.jpg800x532.jpg800x532.jpg

800x641.jpg

Great work! I wouldn't have thought it was possible to make such nice and completely different buildings out of an official modular building.

You must be very skilled to limit yourself to the parts of the original set and give all those parts a new place.

I'm really impressed!

Fantastic build! I actually likes this one better than 10264 itself...

That is one amazing alternate build, its more MOC than mod. That sloped roof is beautiful and your facade details and window siding is wonderful. A most excellent creation you've made.

That’s a super build.  If I had the free cash I’d buy another corner garage to add this to my town.  Fantastic.

Well done! I really like how you turned the Corner garage upside down and created a neat house and a pub. The dark green front of the pub looks great. I also like how you did the roof above the roof top window.

Thank you all very much :)

On 10/10/2020 at 9:08 PM, koalayummies said:

That is one amazing alternate build, its more MOC than mod. That sloped roof is beautiful and your facade details and window siding is wonderful. A most excellent creation you've made.

Thanks. Actually I first started to build the whole building around those window sidings.

And the thing with the mod and the moc I never fully understood. For me this isn't a mod at all, since there isn't anything left of the original building ;)

Alternate builds are my favorite MOCs as they allow things to be done with a single set, and this one certainly is great.

Thank you :)

On 10/14/2020 at 3:58 PM, TeriXeri said:

Alternate builds are my favorite MOCs as they allow things to be done with a single set, and this one certainly is great.

Yes. This is definitely the advantage of alternate builds. They may be a little less detailed (due to the limited parts) but you don't have to spend a long time looking for the parts, but you only have to buy one original set, which is usually even cheaper.

2 hours ago, Versteinert said:

but you only have to buy one original set, which is usually even cheaper.

Yeah I buy a lot from Bricklink and buying one modular ends up WAY cheaper than the same number of random parts + postage

That's a great build! I wish I was only a quarter as talented as you in building alternate builds from original sets...

Awesome work! If you hadn’t said, I wouldn’t have “recognised” the Corner Garage at all. An incredible reuse of the bricks from the original set.

Fantastic!  A unique idea that fits well with the current street too.  I wish I owned a gold mine to buy all the LEGO I wanted.

I think I’m going back and buying corner garage now cause of your alt build. I passed on it cause I don’t like this modular. Only one I have never liked. But your build is awesome!

I've built both your fisherman store and garage alternate builds. Can't wait till you take on the bookstore and police modular :)

I really like your alternate build version. This looks better than the Corner Garage. I think I will build your version one day. :)

That’s a really nice alternate, completely different build and well executed. Just wow.  I’m considering getting the corner garage to build that!