Sign in to follow this  
LM71Blackbird

[BTV1-TER] Midnight raid

Westface surrounding beaches around midnight:

After much fighting over the course of several weeks, Oleon successfully captured most of the prominent settlements on the coasts of Terraversa. The last stronghold on the coast is the city of Westface. In an effort to complete the circle around the island, several boats have landed supplies on the beaches a short ways from the city. While some of the guards can feel a tension in the air, some are exhausted from the sleepless nights and fall fast asleep.

50441831148_e95da1a574_z.jpgBeach Ambush 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

As the bluecoats relaxed a little, a brave band of Terrversian raiders from Westface had been spending the past 2 hours slowing advancing on the unsuspecting enemy.

50442523376_6028d36762_z.jpgBeach Ambush 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

In and instant 2 shots rang out as the small band of raiders quickly overtook the enemy guarding some much needed supplies. Though one solider returned fire, two fled as two lay dead in the sand. 

50441831083_2f8a668cbd_z.jpgBeach Ambush 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Knowing that the shots would certainly cause a stir, the raiders quickly went about securing as much of the supplies as they could before reinforcements would arrive. As the guards had fled, they figured they would help themselves to the two empty and waiting boats.

50442523336_5b3aaba1b8_z.jpgBeach Ambush 4 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

The supplies were loaded and boats were launched. The remaining raiders would escape on foot back to the walls of Westface with the intent of drawing any enemy fire away from the escaping boats. It was uncertain if this brazen ambush would help the Terrversians retain their freedom or not, but it was worth a shot.

50442703012_258cb38681_z.jpgBeach Ambush 5 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

-------------------------------------------------

A build for the support of Terraversa and their continued freedom! C&C are welcome and apprecieated and thanks for looking.

That's a great little build!

Though the water bricks could have been used with transparent blue bricks instead.

Excellent little build - the way you've sunk those rowboats into the water adds so much realism and interest to the build, and that's quite a stack of rifles the TVsans have captured! :pir-wink:  I feel for those poor Oleanders just getting a bit of a nap though :pir-grin:

On an aside, I'm loving all the builds and action and smack going on recently with the invasion and all on both sides here! :pir-sweet:  I've had too little time to be commenting as much as I should have here, but know that I've been definitely enjoying it all!

The 2 hours slowing advancing were worth it, they captured many rifles, gunpowder and swords. I like how you photographed and told the story at dusk. I am always happy when there are photos in higher resolution on Flickr.

Looks great Blackbird! I like the story and the build.

I would like to see a lit version of the build as well though, I can barely make out your awesome handiwork!

13 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

That's a great little build!

Though the water bricks could have been used with transparent blue bricks instead.

Thank you!

Alas, if only I had them! I have a ton of clear bricks, so that's my go to for water.

13 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Excellent little build - the way you've sunk those rowboats into the water adds so much realism and interest to the build, and that's quite a stack of rifles the TVsans have captured! :pir-wink:  I feel for those poor Oleanders just getting a bit of a nap though :pir-grin:

On an aside, I'm loving all the builds and action and smack going on recently with the invasion and all on both sides here! :pir-sweet:  I've had too little time to be commenting as much as I should have here, but know that I've been definitely enjoying it all!

Thank you! Yes, these boats will certainly sit low in the water on the way back to Westface!

9 hours ago, NOD said:

The 2 hours slowing advancing were worth it, they captured many rifles, gunpowder and swords. I like how you photographed and told the story at dusk. I am always happy when there are photos in higher resolution on Flickr.

Thanks! Glad you like it! 

4 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Looks great Blackbird! I like the story and the build.

I would like to see a lit version of the build as well though, I can barely make out your awesome handiwork!

Thanks! Tonight I'll put up the unedited pictures that are much lighter.

Clean build that tells the story perfectly. Like someone said: the way you did the boats is really neat. Cool detail there, it adds a certain sense of realism. Personally I'm not a fan of trans-clear water, because its look too clear to me (like bottled water instead of sea water). I prefer trans-black or trans-blue hues. That's just a personal and really small nitpick. Maybe it's because the only sea I'm used to is the North Sea, which is really dark and murky :grin:.

11 hours ago, Khorne said:

Clean build that tells the story perfectly. Like someone said: the way you did the boats is really neat. Cool detail there, it adds a certain sense of realism. Personally I'm not a fan of trans-clear water, because its look too clear to me (like bottled water instead of sea water). I prefer trans-black or trans-blue hues. That's just a personal and really small nitpick. Maybe it's because the only sea I'm used to is the North Sea, which is really dark and murky :grin:.

Thank you! I have an abundance of trans-clear bricks, so it's kind of my go-to for water effects. I have thought about putting some blue plates underneath in order to give it color.