Corydoras

Looking for some of the wackier pirate ship MOCs

Do you know any pirate ship MOCs that intentionally break away from historical accuracy in favor of certain wackiness and cartoonish looks? Most ships I've ever seen appear to be designed as historically accurate as possible, and while I highly appreciate that, sometimes I can't help but think they all look the same. I'd love to see a creation that looks more like a cheerful toy rather than a perfect display model for a change - I'm thinking something in the vein of 70810 MetalBeard's Sea Cow or 7075 Captain Redbeard's Pirate Ship. Bright colors and exaggerated proportions are welcome.

Does this count @Corydoras? It was inspired by 2012 set 3817, the Flying Dutchman from the Spongebob Squarepants theme.

24457801494_6f3250f7d5_z.jpg

Captain Van Der Decken (owner of the Dutchman) has a legendary sword that allows the owner to live forever, but at the cost of his soul and for eternal service to the sword. He steals at least one soul from any ship that sights his vessel, slowly building his navy of sailors into a large and formidable force to be reckoned with over the centuries.

The primary use of the navy of the dead is to help the Evil One on the battle with the forces of good at the end of time... but until then, they collect souls in their bigger-on-the-inside pirate ship.

24970314262_c8eea736bd_z.jpg

The stern, or rear of the ship features the sloped captain's quarters and the rudder.

This model doesn't exist anymore, but it was my first attempt at my green pirate ship. (Formerly called the Flying Dutchman, now the Kintyre. The captain still exists though, albeit under an alias.)

Edited by Murdoch17

This sure is wacky, but seems to be little more than an extensive mod of the ship from the Spongebob set, and I'm looking for something more creative. To clear things up, it doesn't have to be so ridiculously wacky to the point it barely looks like a pirate ship, just cartoonish enought to not take itself too seriously.

15 hours ago, Elusys Ra Arwal said:

This is not much pirate per se, but I think it is pretty wacky

The Last Flight Of The "Skytanic"

Reminds me of Treasure Planet

On 10/11/2020 at 2:09 AM, Elusys Ra Arwal said:

This is not much pirate per se, but I think it is pretty wacky

The Last Flight Of The "Skytanic"

Source?

Well, I decided to share a WIP of mine, slightly more cartoonish than your average ship MOC. It's supposed to be built on the 7075 hull, which is sadly unavailable in neither LDD nor Stud.io. Its crew will consist of a derpy skeleton captain, two kids, a turtle and an octopus.

the_golden_maiden_by_goshi_kun_de71kac-f

the_golden_maiden_2_by_goshi_kun_de71kek

Edited by Corydoras

there is a sky-pirates-skeleton-ship over at Rebrickable by Madmocs (from the 31109 pirate ship set) that I do like a lot...

mad-mocs-sky-pirates-skeleton-ship-displ

Not mine, but I might be interested at building it one day.

Edited by jan kusters
added picture (not mine)

Sadly one of the most wackiest ship ever has been deleted from the MOC index..... It was this small threemaster that was shaped like in really deep angels. Sad that most of the old MOCs arent available to see no longer.......

On 11/14/2020 at 11:09 AM, Mister Phes said:

image.png

This looks quite spectacular! If it wasn't steampunk (and if the poor nets weren't cut to make the riggings...), it would be just what I'm looking for.

image.png

On 11/16/2020 at 1:36 AM, Corydoras said:

If it wasn't steampunk (and if the poor nets weren't cut to make the riggings...), it would be just what I'm looking for.

Commandeer the vessel and make modifications! :jollyroger:

9 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

image.png

I feel like Jack is in danger of rockin' the boat :shark:

3 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Great stuff here! Highly enjoyable!

Where is your pirate version of Steamboat Willy? :pir-wink:

On 11/19/2020 at 3:22 PM, Mister Phes said:

image.png

Commandeer the vessel and make modifications! :jollyroger:

Curiously, for a while I've been toying with the idea of making an extensive MOD of the Durmstrang Ship myself, but ultimately decided to go for someting bigger than that.