Leviathan

[MOC] Jannarelly Design One (1:9 Supercar) - Instructions available !

Hello everyone, 

Let me introduce ma latest creation, a Jannarelly Design 1 at 1:9 scale. Jannarelly is a French car manufacturer based on Dubaï : https://www.jannarellyfrance.com/histoire. We feel a lot of Cobra Shelby or Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa design inspiration. It is a Neo-retro style : New materials on old shape !

50428880687_d8a8d228ae_b.jpg

50394392303_42318fc9d1_b.jpg

50394391783_75a04c0f48_b.jpg

50395251002_cb45c9bf64_b.jpg

50394391578_ac3be58887_b.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

- Dimensions in cm (L x l x h) : 44 x 20 x 12
- Dimensions in studs (L x l x h) : 54 x 25 x 18
- Ground clearance: 1,3 studs
- Weight : 1,3kg
- 2 000 parts

FEATURES 

- 5+R gearbox
- HOG (at the back) + working steering wheel
- Openable cockpit canopy
- Transverse V6 engine
- Independant suspensions
- Front axle: Ackerman steering, caster angle, steering radius : 55cm
- Openable doors, front trunk and engine cover

- And a cool stripe !

On picture below we can see elementary features

50394392193_b14a7dee99_b.jpg

50394391658_4f66351e82_b.jpg

The HOG is connected to a gear reduction 8t/24t to enhance wheels rotation.

50395250977_e950d66b8f_b.jpg

Front axle has a positive caster angle. I re-use @T Lego one from La Ferrari https://bricksafe.com/pages/T_Antonie/ferrari-laferrari

50394391313_0f5c6d5cc7_b.jpg

The cockpit canopy can rotate to see interior details and give a better access to gearbox lever :

50394391868_ecb12f12db_b.jpg

The gearbox is a 5+R architecture like Shelby @Sheepo : https://www.sheepo.es/2013/10/ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-14.html. The main column is taken from @Charbel Volcano RS design. Ratios are :

R - 1:134
1 -  2.1:1
2 -  1.67:1
3 -  1:1
4 -  1:1.33
5 -  1:1.667

50428018076_1c467e281b_b.jpg

Back 3D view below : Each driving ring (middle, left and right) has its own linkage (pink, green, blue). There is no "no back" system like @Gray Gear https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/177499-how-to-6speed-manual-transmission-with-safeshift-system/  or NK03 gearbox design because too big to fit in.

50433454721_a19557164b_b.jpg

50394391348_92e22aeafb_b.jpg

50395082066_ac9a346386_b.jpg

INSPIRATIONS
Nico71 :
http://www.techlug.fr/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9776

Jeroen Ottens :
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-2927/Jeroen Ottens/alfa-romeo-4c-spider/#comments

T-Lego :

Charbel :
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-9613/Charbel/volcano-rs-supercar/#comments

CONCLUSION

It was a real pleasure to work on this car : design working and features implement were a good challenge !

50428010738_f6c86754f9_b.jpg

HD photos on this link :  https://flic.kr/s/aHsmR3ZYCx
Thanks for reading, I hope you will appreciate this creation !
See you !

Edited by Leviathan

I saw this model appear on TLCB and was hoping you would post it here as well. I just love the shaping of the bodywork. Very smooth and curvy:wub:.

The use of the rounded window frame as air intake at the rearwheels is inspired.

And then inside packed with gearbox, clamshell lids and this interesting opening front window-roof thingy. very nice!

Very nice cration! I like the front view, its giving me vibes from a few different cars. The rear isn't really for me tho.

Props for your gearbox, its a very compact design. I dont like using the 8t gears because they cause more friction in the gearbox becuase they are so small. But for a car with very little space it is a great solution. 

I get why you didn't use my "safeshift" system or something alike, it requires some space you just didn't have. But why didn't you use a shift lever that uses Balljoint in the middle, like in my example transmission you linked? It requires a lot less space than your dual pivot system, and looks a lot cleaner too. Is there some advantage I dont get?

Thank you for sharing, it is always so much  fun to look transmission designs of others :blush:

Looks and is inside very cool!

Original ideas, some hardcore building and a smooth design: an unbeatable combo!

Very interesting! Putting the detailed curvy bodywork on a model that size is one thing, squeezing a 5+R gearbox into the same chassis is another!

19 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

I saw this model appear on TLCB and was hoping you would post it here as well. I just love the shaping of the bodywork. Very smooth and curvy:wub:.

The use of the rounded window frame as air intake at the rearwheels is inspired.

And then inside packed with gearbox, clamshell lids and this interesting opening front window-roof thingy. very nice!

Thank you ! Your Alpha Romeo inspire me a lot to create this car : same scale, same colors scheme, etc...

18 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Very nice cration! I like the front view, its giving me vibes from a few different cars. The rear isn't really for me tho.

Props for your gearbox, its a very compact design. I dont like using the 8t gears because they cause more friction in the gearbox becuase they are so small. But for a car with very little space it is a great solution. 

I get why you didn't use my "safeshift" system or something alike, it requires some space you just didn't have. But why didn't you use a shift lever that uses Balljoint in the middle, like in my example transmission you linked? It requires a lot less space than your dual pivot system, and looks a lot cleaner too. Is there some advantage I dont get?

Thank you for sharing, it is always so much  fun to look transmission designs of others :blush:

I prefer couple 24t/24t instead of four 8t gears too but like you said, no so much space.

About the shit lever : If I rememberer well I tried version with balljoint. I did not keep this solution for few reasons. I could not hold down balljoint friction. May I had some bad sizing balls ;-p I'm not sure, but is it an illegal build ? I mean, in terms of building instructions I guess it's difficult to make a clean and easy step assembly. I add a stop on Charbel's column design on main axle in order to reduce handling mistakes. It was not possible with balljoint lever.

In my opinion, your system works well if you have the safe shift system behind. In my case, Charbel's improved design is a compromise. 

14 hours ago, lmdesigner42 said:

Very interesting! Putting the detailed curvy bodywork on a model that size is one thing, squeezing a 5+R gearbox into the same chassis is another!

Thank you ! Implement the gearbox and shifting system was a huge challenge !

Wow! Free instructions! That is somewhat tempting, since I never buy instructions.

Otherwise, it is quite a cool car! You say that it has rear castor angle. This confuses me, since I thought a wheel had to be steered to have castor. Is this because A. There is a typo, B. There is rear-wheel steering, or C. I don't understand castor angle very well?

2 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Wow! Free instructions! That is somewhat tempting, since I never buy instructions.

Otherwise, it is quite a cool car! You say that it has rear castor angle. This confuses me, since I thought a wheel had to be steered to have castor. Is this because A. There is a typo, B. There is rear-wheel steering, or C. I don't understand castor angle very well?

Thank you !

Oh it's a mistake -> front axle Castor angle ! Rear wheels stay parallels.

Edited by Leviathan

I know it's not about the model, but is the "levihathan" logo a delibarete misspelling? Your username being without the extra H suggests it's a genuine error, so I thought I'd point out the difference.

By the way your car looks magnificent and I love the use of a window element as air intake (front of the rear wheel arch), and you have to look closely to notice there are many other non-Technic elements used. This means they blend in great into the design. It seems to pack some nice functions as well, without becoming too complex to be instructive (looking at you, 42110) and I like the transverse engine.

Edited by Erik Leppen
spelling

It is a very well designed MOC. As it was mentioned earlier, the studful parts blend nicely with the studless parts. I like a lot how you managed to stick the 6 speed gearbox so close to the rear axle. And the free instructions are more than welcome, especially in this period when you have to pay for most of them. 

Your gearbox will certainly end up in my Porsche Carrera S :classic:

20 hours ago, Leviathan said:

Thank you !

Oh it's a mistake -> front axle Castor angle ! Rear wheels stay parallels.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up!

6 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

I know it's not about the model, but is the "levihathan" logo a delibarete misspelling? Your username being without the extra H suggests it's a genuine error, so I thought I'd point out the difference.

The "h" in the middle comes from Youtube username. Leviathan without a h was not available so I added one, but it is a muting h ! I think it is not very important. I don't know if I can correct it on EB.

3 hours ago, grego18f said:

And the free instructions are more than welcome, especially in this period when you have to pay for most of them. 

Your gearbox will certainly end up in my Porsche Carrera S :classic:

Make it free is one of the best way to see your Moc built by someone else. It is a great final conclusion.

I can't wait to see the result on your Porsche !

Great job, this looks like 100% purely made in France :wink: ! Most I love the tons of functionality you are always squeezing into the square. And respect for changing the scale frequently. How much is that a challenge on its own and how interesting?

On 11/18/2020 at 7:49 PM, brunojj1 said:

Great job, this looks like 100% purely made in France :wink: ! Most I love the tons of functionality you are always squeezing into the square. And respect for changing the scale frequently. How much is that a challenge on its own and how interesting?

Good question. Working on various scales is very interesting for few reasons : Time spending on project is very different so you can work on different models and different brands in one year for example. In result, you get more Mocs on your own shelf !

I think it's give you the opportunity to work on cars (in my case the orange Lamborghini) which I had never made on 1:8 or 1:9 scale : poor features to show except for the body design but the challenge is the same on small scale. 

I think it's a good thing to go out from from your confort zone sometimes : that is the real challenge.  

On 11/18/2020 at 7:57 PM, AFOLegofan66 said:

Beautiful design and I’m sure to build this. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you ! 

Hello,

HD building instructions are now available on Rebrickable : https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-57003/

Or on my Google Drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qCLnkHyojcZK08G7hv7q0Wvgc6o_TFVg/view?usp=sharing

I fixed some minors mistakes/inconstancies in the file. I also improved gearbox in order to make it more realistic. Ratios are same. I updated part list on Rebrickable (Minors modifications).

See you !

That's a new year's present, the updated parts list and instructions! Thanks very much buddy!!

On 6/30/2021 at 12:22 PM, Sean Bancroft said:

Incredible job. Who are these architects? the inventor of this model, a real maniac. Everything is done perfectly.

Thank you ! Yes, designers understood how to mix up sport car and Neo-retro style. I read this article (in French) to learn more about the car details : https://www.automotivpress.fr/essai-jannarelly-design-1-une-emotion-francaise/

On 6/30/2021 at 12:22 PM, Sean Bancroft said:

Incredible job. Who are these architects? the inventor of this model, a real maniac. Everything is done perfectly.

Sean, you have resurrected a dozen or so old topics so far, some of them are 3+ years old. Please do not do that, unless you have something important to say.