On a scale 1 to 5  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

I haven’t watched Sesame Street in well over 10 years, but I really dig this set. I loved Elmo when I was young so this would make for an awesome addition to my collection and the more reviews I read or watch about this set, the more tempted I am to get it. As I don’t recall much from the show, I don’t particularly care about what figures they did or didn’t include, so my only qualm would be it’s gonna be hard to display. That store looks like an incomplete facade so it will be hard to find an angle to display it with it’s incomplete sides. Still, I do have a perfect place for it with my Friends and Stranger Things sets.

For now though, it’ll go on the maybe list!

I grew up on Sesame Street in the late 80s/early 90s, so this set brings back a TON of nostalgia for me. A definite purchase!

Hi WF.  Hope you are doing well.  What a fun set and review.  Growing up with Sesame Street, loved your little additions to the review.

Well done! 

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Thanks for the review. The characters look great. No Count von Count is my only complaint here. :sadnew:

Hope the Muppets will come next 

I thought the head was this piece recolored. So it wouldn't be new. Is it actually different? 

BestSeller models - LEGO 75102 (Split) Star Wars BB-8 Droid

But even so, 5 new molds in a single Ideas sets is a lot. Even D2C sets get only 1. And I think the 89 Batwing had none 

Thanks Robert8. No Count and no Grover, which I do find it is a pity to some extent. I just double-checked and you are right. It is an existing piece of the BB8 but in a different colour. 

12 hours ago, The Stud said:

I haven’t watched Sesame Street in well over 10 years, but I really dig this set. I loved Elmo when I was young so this would make for an awesome addition to my collection and the more reviews I read or watch about this set, the more tempted I am to get it. As I don’t recall much from the show, I don’t particularly care about what figures they did or didn’t include, so my only qualm would be it’s gonna be hard to display. That store looks like an incomplete facade so it will be hard to find an angle to display it with it’s incomplete sides. Still, I do have a perfect place for it with my Friends and Stranger Things sets.

For now though, it’ll go on the maybe list!

I look forward to see you adding into your wishlist after you are able to figure out on how you can best integrate on the display. The incomplete sides would be quite a bother for such integration though. 

12 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

I grew up on Sesame Street in the late 80s/early 90s, so this set brings back a TON of nostalgia for me. A definite purchase!

Yes, a treat for LEGO and Sesame Street fan indeed. 

8 hours ago, WesternOutlaw said:

Hi WF.  Hope you are doing well.  What a fun set and review.  Growing up with Sesame Street, loved your little additions to the review.

Well done! 

Thanks Brickster! Awesome to see you dropping by. I hope you are doing well and great too. I am doing good too, and seeing you here does brought lots of smile. I hope you will be getting it and I am very sure you have ways to make it look better on your tabletop town too. :wink: 

Very good to see you, my old friend. :wub: 

2 hours ago, Snazzy Bricks said:

They have officially ruined IDEAS box art by making it 18+. PLEASE, PLEASE tell me this isn't permanent.

We will have to see what will happen in the next LEGO IDEAS set boxart. 

7 hours ago, Snazzy Bricks said:

They have officially ruined IDEAS box art by making it 18+. PLEASE, PLEASE tell me this isn't permanent.

Probably isn't permanent :wink:

Re-release of Saturn V is still 14+

On 10/23/2020 at 1:44 PM, WhiteFang said:

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, it is 24 cm as I had measured it with a ruler with probably an error margin of +/- 1cm. I really hope it can fit into your display area nicely like I do. 

Thanks :thumbup: I really hope it fits, otherwise I have to get creative with my display setup  :laugh: Removing the chimney and antenna could be an option, but as a purist I heavily dislike mutilating sets like that *oh2*

I wonder if Lego is planning an add-on to this set, because why would Hoopers have pin holes and if there is an add-on would it be the set with Grove and the Count ?

Got my order placed. Also got 3 of the seasonal sets. So excited for them all to arrive. It was odd, after I had placed the order and the confirmation screen came, I went back to the main page and my cart still had the three seasonal sets showing, but not SS. A bit of a worried wait until the order showed up on the order history page.

Can't imagine what the market for this thing is. Leaves me shaking my head over some of the amazing castle sets that get passed up again and again...

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

43 minutes ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Can't imagine what the market for this thing is. 

Well considering that the age rating is 18+ then the main target audience for this set are adults,more precisely nostalgic adults. 

Edited by LOTR34

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Well considering that the age rating is 18+ then main target audience for this set are adults,more precisely nostalgic adults. 

I guess... I dunno. I mean, I watched Sesame Street. And it was Sesame Street in the good ol' days, before it was 'woke,' and had a fair amount of gags that adults could at least chortle at.

Having said that, it's very difficult for me to feel nostalgic over something I watched when I was, like, 5. If Lego released, say, a Chrono Trigger set, or... uh... a Ducktales set, or something like that, then I might buy it out of nostalgia. But I just can't get nostalgic over something that I experienced at so tender an age that I cannot remember 99.9% of what I saw.

57 minutes ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

I guess... I dunno. I mean, I watched Sesame Street. And it was Sesame Street in the good ol' days, before it was 'woke,' and had a fair amount of gags that adults could at least chortle at.

Having said that, it's very difficult for me to feel nostalgic over something I watched when I was, like, 5. If Lego released, say, a Chrono Trigger set, or... uh... a Ducktales set, or something like that, then I might buy it out of nostalgia. But I just can't get nostalgic over something that I experienced at so tender an age that I cannot remember 99.9% of what I saw.

Well I can't speak for others but I also have barely any memories of the show especially since it was short lived here in my country. 

Having said that I always loved the muppet characters,as a kid and even now as an adult.And them being represented in Lego form is something I can't miss out on. 

7 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Can't imagine what the market for this thing is. Leaves me shaking my head over some of the amazing castle sets that get passed up again and again...

I don't think there was a problem with the original idea at all...

Despite rating this set outstanding I still liked the original project better...