Megbricks

Lego BYGGLEK general discussion

Hey! I did a quick search and didn’t find a topic in these. Got my first BYGGLEK products today. Got actually all of them and an additional kit of the 3 smaller boxes. 
I really like them. although I won’t replace my sorting system with them. They Will be more for display purposes than for sorting bricks. 
Anyone got some? Do you like them? I was still expecting something more from this partnership (like many others) but I still like them. I might pimp them up with DOTS. 
For fun I gathered the piece numbers Of the new “parts”

SMALLEST BOX

top:#35016

bottom:#35014

sides/frame:#35015

SMALL BOX

top:#35019

bottom:#35017

sides/frame:#35018

MEDIUM BOX

top:#35199

bottom:#35020

side panels:#35197

end panels:#35195

LARGE BOX

top:#35011

bottom:#34993

side panels:#35010

end panels:#35007

don't believe that these pieces will be sought after individually besides the tops which are interesting. Still I wanted to document while building them :)

the gaps between the part numbers give me hope that we will see something else. Unless they are attributed to some other parts (didn’t check on BL yet)

Edit: just checked and they aren’t on bricklink yet. And Randomly checked a few “gaps” and nothing came up for the ones I checked. 

Edited by Megbricks

22 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Anyone think they will come in more colors down the line?

I’d love that! Green blue yellow and red!

Have these already been released to stores? I saw the reviews on them but that's not the same as actually getting to see them first hand.

Somehow this kind of collaboration between Lego and Ikea seems to be long overdue, I wonder why they didn't do something like this decades ago already...

2 hours ago, howitzer said:

Have these already been released to stores? I saw the reviews on them but that's not the same as actually getting to see them first hand.

Somehow this kind of collaboration between Lego and Ikea seems to be long overdue, I wonder why they didn't do something like this decades ago already...

For the UK they are instore now, and online from 15th Oct.

I ran into them in the store yesterday while looking for something to sort pieces. While Bygglek wasn't on my shopping list, I couldn't help to check it out, mainly the biggest box and its potential use as strong baseplate. Long story short, I thought the biggest box was flimsy and lightweight, especially compared to more generic plastic storage solutions. And waaaay overpriced for what you get, half price would already be pushing it. Swedish price is 149 SEK btw.

Apart from that, why white? Throw in some colour for crying out loud, Lego is for kids (AFOLs can be considered kids as well on the inside ;)) and should be creative and playful. Not this boring white designer stuff...

I wouldn't mind black in addition to white. For further colour and decoration, well that is why the studs are there, to decorate with plates.

On 10/8/2020 at 2:16 AM, howitzer said:

They are in store in Canada 

I got the package of three with the two small and one medium box. I wanted the largest one, but it was sold out. They are nice looking, but the walls are a 2x brick thick and the bottoms are hollow, so the inside space is quite small. They won't hold much.

On 10/14/2020 at 11:44 AM, 62Bricks said:

I got the package of three with the two small and one medium box. I wanted the largest one, but it was sold out. They are nice looking, but the walls are a 2x brick thick and the bottoms are hollow, so the inside space is quite small. They won't hold much.

I also got the package of three. I ordered online and they arrived at my pick-up point yesterday. By some miracle, the shipping company, dpd, didn't mess up. I usually find dpd to be completely inept. For reference, I'm in the UK.

I saw a review before the boxes arrived saying that the lids had no clutch power which is both true and disappointing. I'm using the three boxes to elevate a Hidden Side mod and stacked them on their sides to reach the required height. With no grip, the lids would have just fallen off, so I had to use a small piece of Blu Tack at each corner, which did the trick. The boxes are connected to each other using white 2 x 4 plates. Overall, it looks pretty good. I'm glad I got them.

I'm not using the boxes for storage, so the fact that their walls are thick and therefore the internal volume is small makes no difference to me. I can see how some would find that annoying though.

The smallest box has one of its dimensions as 11 studs. From a building point of view, I reckon 12 would have been more in keeping with LEGO's design style.

If Ikea and LEGO release the boxes in other colours, I hope they do them in light or dark bley. They would be great that way  - with just a bit of MOCing - as hills/mountains. Realistically, if they do appear in colours other than white, I suspect they will be in bright colours such as red, blue or green. That's not my preference but I reckon that's what would appeal most to kids and therefore be the most sensible decision commercially for Ikea/LEGO.  

Edited by AmperZand