Sign in to follow this  
Darth Bjorn

[K12 - Botor - TT] A Raider’s Vengeance

*Your entry has earned 17 XP (x2 for limited challenge)*

botor1.jpg

Cdr. Bannon: Greetings your excellence! With all due respect, you have been wronged by the Jedi once too many. I regret that the Empire deprived you of any chance of retribution, but I am here to make amends. I have in my possession a Holocron that holds clues to the whereabouts of several Jedi. Unfortunately I need to find someone able to unlock this device. Can you help me?

botor3.jpg

The Pirate King, Morku’Rath: Young soldier... Tell me… Why should we not cut your limbs off, and burn you alive… Then your little shining trinket would be ours, to do with as we please…

Cdr. Bannon: If I don’t leave this planet alive, my Imperial Star Destroyer in orbit will turn this wretched maggot lair to rubble.

Morku’Rath: BWAHAHAHA! You strike a hard bargain… Are you sure you’re not a pirate yourself? Mmh… We will help you… Let us see…

botor4.jpg

botor5.jpg

Sometime earlier onboard Cdr. Bannons flagship, the ISD Manticore...

botor7.jpg

Excerpt from Cdr. Bannon’s log: I followed Lord Kadus' suggestion and returned to my ship. Just as I arrived a holo transition came through, and from none other than the Crimson Duchess. I had met her only once before, so this had to be special!

Holo transmission from the Crimson Duchess: *Commander, your Empire needs you. As you may suspect, the Triumvirate is not a dying remnant, struggling to survive. We are a part of a grander design! With your next mission you will step through the veil, and there will be no going back. We are counting on your loyalty Commander!*

Cdr. Bannon’s log - continued: My mission sent me to the barren rock Botor. Not a system I was familiar with, but intel says that it is run by an old pirate cult called the Flesh Mongers. These pirates have something I need!

///

This challenge was a great fit with Cdr. Bannon's continued storyline.

Spoiler

I really tried to capture the Flesh Mongers feeling from the SW comic:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Flesh_Mongers

latest?cb=20170718045405

Another look without fx...

botor6.jpg

Edited by goatman461

2 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Love the design for the wall and the Flesh Mongers look awesome!

Thanks! I just found those two gate pieces and thought they fit the aesthetic perfectly... Almost something out of the old Conan movie! Anyways, those elements sparked a lot of interesting ideas... I may use them for something else soon... :thumbup:

Edited by Darth Bjorn

On 10/5/2020 at 1:47 PM, n1majneb said:

Thats quite a faithful build in comparison to the comic

Thanks for noticing. I love trying to nail small details from reference material. I'm telling myself that's a treat for those who pay attention to detail...

The atmosphere here is incomparable. Great use of colors, staging, parts...it just all has the perfect raider/pirate king vibe. Very into it.

This is just amazing. So different from the average SW build. The colors work so well. Your use of the Silent Mary sails is amazing.

Excellent build. Simple in its conception but with great usage of parts. I like a lot those Rancor Pit doors, the throne setup and the Silent Mary sails that give a lot of atmosphere to the build.