Miss Octan is aiming to break the Lego water speed record!!!!

She contains 806 parts!!! She features 8 massive flame spitting jet engines and a huge spoiler!!!!

The concept of this build is a powerboat loosely based on any record smashing boats and Ekranoplans but rather with an approach to be pleasing to the eye (I'm a mechanical engineer but no engineering accuracy is present here,sorry:P).The front and the bottom pieces are a Lego airplane tail!!!The design was straightforward and joyful and stability was a fundamental factor of the building process. I want your opinions in the comments!!!!

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/design.page?idModel=172979

Edited by Brick Car

I must say I'm very impressed by the sheer creativity of this build — I don't think I've ever seen a LEGO Ekranoplan before. That said, considering how sturdy the fuselage & engines are, it looks like the tail fins are on the flimsy side. They're already 2 plates thick so for an extra half-plate of thickness, you could go for bricks and get a nice smooth surface on both sides. Just something to think about. Lovely build, welcome to Eurobricks and thanks for sharing!

On 10/6/2020 at 12:57 AM, jimmynick said:

I must say I'm very impressed by the sheer creativity of this build — I don't think I've ever seen a LEGO Ekranoplan before. That said, considering how sturdy the fuselage & engines are, it looks like the tail fins are on the flimsy side. They're already 2 plates thick so for an extra half-plate of thickness, you could go for bricks and get a nice smooth surface on both sides. Just something to think about. Lovely build, welcome to Eurobricks and thanks for sharing!

Thank you!!! Nice suggestion!!! I will try to make a sturdier spoiler:classic: