MrMeme260

Trained Bricks' custom rods

6 minutes ago, MrMeme260 said:

but how do i download the .dat files?

You click on each one and then in your browser select "save". They are text files (but make sure you use the .dat extension so that LDraw will recognize them).

I could bundle them up into a zip file if you continue having problems (but that would have to be in a day or two, I need to get running right now)

Just now, zephyr1934 said:

You click on each one and then in your browser select "save". They are text files (but make sure you use the .dat extension so that LDraw will recognize them).

I could bundle them up into a zip file if you continue having problems (but that would have to be in a day or two, I need to get running right now)

oh so is this only for LDCad?

11 minutes ago, MrMeme260 said:

oh so is this only for LDCad?

Stud.io's Part Designer will happily accept .dat files. You might need to re-model the attachment points, but that takes all but a minute.

so can someone plaese do a simple step by step on how to download and import to part designer.when i click on one of the dat files it just shows some random text and when i save it,it just saves as a jpg file

Edited by MrMeme260

16 hours ago, MrMeme260 said:

so can someone plaese do a simple step by step on how to download and import to part designer.when i click on one of the dat files it just shows some random text and when i save it,it just saves as a jpg file

skip to 11:45

10 hours ago, Barduck said:

skip to 11:45

yes i know how to import and export.but how do you download the dat file?when i click on it it just shows text

You'll have to right-click on the files, not left. Then choose "save target as".

17 minutes ago, Tenderlok said:

You'll have to right-click on the files, not left. Then choose "save target as".

i dont get ''save target as''

33 minutes ago, Tenderlok said:

Right-click on the icons, not the file names.

i use windows so its save link as.thank you guys so much and im so sorry for being so lost

1 hour ago, MrMeme260 said:

im so sorry for being so lost

Don't be sorry at all. You asked and there were qualified replies. Which allowed you to proceed!

Does not get any better.

Have fun and all the best!
Thorsten

17 hours ago, MrMeme260 said:

i dont get ''save target as''

open Wordpad. Copy paste the text you got of the wanted part in to Wordpad. In Wordpad then click "save as". Enter the desired name (f.e.: partx.dat   (be sure to put the .dat part))  and change the " .txt" to "all"

Edited by Barduck
typo

On 10/4/2020 at 9:42 AM, zephyr1934 said:

this happens when I try to load any rods. I have the s\ pieces downloaded as .dat files and I can bring them up individually in studio 2.0 but when I try for a whole rod it does this.1714480151_Screenshot2020-12-15212002(wecompress.com).thumb.png.a9544037fb26c9c84f000bce540a9c04.png

Edited by Christians Trains

did you add those in the proper LDRaw folder? Most commonly it should be in c://users/public/public documents/LDRaw/Unofficial/Parts/ for the actual rod and ...(same)/s/ for the files that tell it how it looks (like benn-rod-end-hole.dat)

Edited by Barduck
typo

On 12/16/2020 at 5:42 AM, Barduck said:

did you add those in the proper LDRaw folder? Most commonly it should be in c://users/oublic/public documents/LDRaw/Unofficial/Parts/ for the actual rod and ...(same)/s/ for the files that tell it how it looks (like benn-rod-end-hole.dat)

thanks!

Edited by Christians Trains

How do i change that? I have the same problem

On 12/16/2020 at 5:42 AM, Barduck said:

did you add those in the proper LDRaw folder? Most commonly it should be in c://users/public/public documents/LDRaw/Unofficial/Parts/ for the actual rod and ...(same)/s/ for the files that tell it how it looks (like benn-rod-end-hole.dat)

how can I adjust that? I have the same problem with uploading the rods

h