n1majneb

[R4 - Ziost - CE] Raider's thwarted

*Your entry has earned 5 XP (x2 for limited challenge)*

After the Empire crumbled following the battle of Jakku, a group of ex Imperial soldiers set themselves up as a small militia - Using brutish tactics to force money and raid homestead's that didn't cooperate they'd detected an old man and his droids on Ziost...

Gregor had gotten too old to be useful to the New Republic, the Rebellion had taken the best years of his life and so he faded from memory and took to finding a backwater planet for himself. On Ziost, Gregor had charged his droids to scavenge the derelict buildings and wrecks, scattered across the landscape to try and set himself up with enough material to then keep himself comfortable running a small business in a busier backwater world for the rest of his days.

He didn't realise that opportune Raiders had picked up on his activity, hoping for a quick hit and run.

Star Wars Factions ‘Raiders’ Entry - A quick build to show a raider attack on a backwater planet. Pretty pleased with the skiff and droid- thanks to Ross Fisher for the inspiration with the droid

Gregor had brought his heavy goods skiff back to his warehouse to begin unloading his days finds, as he set his LOM droid and load lifter, Y-3LL, to storing the cargo all of a sudden he was accosted by a group of raiders trying to make quick work of him and stealing his 'retirement fund'.
All of a sudden Y-3LL his loadlifter was an eruption of arms, swinging in all angles, grabbing the raiders and throwing them from his precious cargo. Seizing the moment, Gregor grabbed the weapon from one of the airborne raiders and began trading shots with his attackers.
All of a sudden there was a sickening crunch as Y-3LL had stood on one of the raiders, a decisive move as this prompted the raiders to realise they'd bitten off more then they can could handle.

With one raider under foot and one being tossed in the air, the other 3 fled. Defeated.

Afterwards, with cargo, droids and himself secure Gregor thought it might be time to call in the offer of help Clan Eldar had offered him. He doubted that would be his first and last aggression on Ziost.

Spoiler

A quick build, but individual element detail can be found below:

Y-3LL - A Labor droid/Load Lifter inspired by @Ross Fisher build and the wider Star Wars labor droids out there. This one has a bit of a complex, he once believed he could only be part of the 'team' if he had his team hat - it's since become his prized possession. 

Star Wars Factions ‘Raiders’ Entry - A quick build to show a raider attack on a backwater planet. Pretty pleased with the skiff and droid- thanks to Ross Fisher for the inspiration with the droid

The Heavy Goods skiff I enjoyed putting together. I wanted to build something that would hold a lot of cargo but I wanted to add a good amount of engine as it would require a lot of power to transport the heavy cargo along with two seats for driver and passenger. I purposely left one side open for access as I'd expect this to be a slow moving vehicle akin to a narrowboat.

Finally, here's the Raiders

Edited by goatman461

The droid is super cool! Looks like something that would fit in any SW spaceport...

I'm not really feeling the Ziost vibe here though...

3 minutes ago, Darth Bjorn said:

I'm not really feeling the Ziost vibe here though...

Can you explain what you think is wrong?

Just now, Ross Fisher said:

Yes I was about to say the same - in essence it's a wasteland so a building in various states of disrepair I felt would work well on a earthy colour palette?

3 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Maybe the red bricks feel a little out of place, but I wouldn’t use the word 'wrong'.

Ziost is an ancient Sith world, so I'd expect to see old ruins, mystic statues etc. Also most images of the world are gray, rocky landscapes with crooked black trees... See below...

There's so many cool features and so much cool storytelling on that world...

Spoiler

latest?cb=20151107165949

latest?cb=20161227085928

Ziost sounds like a cool place - I would have to agree with Bjorn. I don't think it captures Ziost really well, although it is a fine build. 

I thought it would be interesting to display there was more to Ziost then the traditional Sith graveyard - i'd expect there to be plenty of empty barren areas which is why i thought it would be good to have an opportune junk dealer build a little warehouse and scavenge artefacts and equipment but hey ho - i ticked the boxes for Raiders and a purpose built speeder for the challenge.

Also, I built this as a challenge to myself more than anything to build using my test arm: https://www.flickr.com/gp/181633221@N07/EJEf2u 
Bar the speeder and droid this was built and assembled using just the test prosthetic - building with a hand just like Luke's was challenge here enough :wink:

35 minutes ago, n1majneb said:

I thought it would be interesting to display there was more to Ziost then the traditional Sith graveyard - i'd expect there to be plenty of empty barren areas which is why i thought it would be good to have an opportune junk dealer build a little warehouse and scavenge artefacts and equipment but hey ho - i ticked the boxes for Raiders and a purpose built speeder for the challenge.

Also, I built this as a challenge to myself more than anything to build using my test arm: https://www.flickr.com/gp/181633221@N07/EJEf2u 
Bar the speeder and droid this was built and assembled using just the test prosthetic - building with a hand just like Luke's was challenge here enough :wink:

That is amazing! I saw a guy make a prostetic arm out of lego, If I can find it I'll DM it to you on discord!