Ross Fisher

[R4 - Ziost - CE] Raider gangs: Ash Bandits

*Your entry has earned 5 XP (x2 for limited challenge)*

Well, with Pyerce's forces gone, there was a power vacuum in multiple sectors near Clan Eldar territory. And we just didn't have the forces to fill that gap. So we started to see raider gangs forcing their way in and messing things up. 

Like for example, the abandoned Imperial base on Gigor, which I knew so well. Clan Eldar took it over. Used it as a line of last retreat. But that was threatened by the presence of a major raider gang on nearby Ziost.

The Ash Bandits

The "Ash Bandits" wouldn't normally be an issue for a force the size of Clan Eldar, but they could threaten the skeleton crew on Gigor. Something just had to be done...

A closer look at A5-HT0N, my load-lifter droid, inspired by Hurid-327:

A5-HT0N the Load-lifter

luke-fisher-hurid.jpg?1478628672

Edited by goatman461

Love the aesthetic of the figures! Despite almost the whole build being grey, you have still managed to make it visually interesting - great job

Yeah, this rules. Good job making them all fit with a single aesthetic. And that load-lifter is great! Love the idea of Clan Eldar butting heads with local raiders. I can't imagine the raiders coming out the victors, in that scenario...

Yes, very nice!  The use of texture and patterns keeps it interesting despite being fairly monochromatic, and nice job with the droid.

Great design, 

I do love A5-T0N and looks great amongst the raider team, Nice figure designs here - the muted, worn colours really sit well with the diorama here,

You nailed the center-piece of the droid!!! The feet seem a bit clunky and it could do with some more greeblework, but I bet this will be the basis for a lot of different versions of this droid... I'd personally love to see how you assembled the head...

Also a great figbarf. I'd love to see the AB Boyband in action... ;)

Just now, Darth Bjorn said:

You nailed the center-piece of the droid

Didn't you tell me which part to use for that? I know it's been sat in my to-do pile for far too long. I'll put together a quick guide soon. 

Edited by Ross Fisher

Just now, Ross Fisher said:

Didn't you tell me which part to use for that? I know it's been sat in my to-do pile for far too long. I'll put together a quick guide soon. 

Hah, I remember that discussion - good times!

17 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

I remember suggesting the pieces, but I NEED to know how you put them together! :laugh_hard:

25 minutes ago, Darth Bjorn said:

The feet seem a bit clunky

I know what you mean, but I think they fit the look better than the concept art, where the feet just look really spindly. How can they hope to hold up all that weight?