Sign in to follow this  
Captain Genaro

Olean Letters of Marque - The Second Terraversan War

By His Most Sacred Majesty.

A Proclamation.

To all honorable men who seek riches, glory, and adventure.

By Order of His Most Sacred Majesty, King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth, La Royal is hereby directed to issue Letters of Marque permitting the seizure of any vessels flying the colors of and otherwise supporting the tyrant despot Miro Olids and the self-proclaimed "grand admiral" L'Olius . This letter shall grant upon the bearer all rights, privileges, and duties normally and historically afforded to privateers.

In adherence to the longstanding customs of nations and laws which govern the seas, any prize and her surviving crew must sail to an Olean port at the earliest moment possible at which point the admiralty shall declare the prize legitimate and take possession of the surviving crew as prisoners of war. Failure to abide by this order shall result in immediate termination of any privileges granted by the Letter of Marque, and shall result in the prize being considered a victim of piracy. 

In recognition of your valiant efforts, all privateers successfully capturing a condemned prize shall be afforded, in addition to the prize and all her cargo, a total of 25 doubloons per ship rank plus 1 doubloon per surviving prisoner.

All who seek riches, glory, and adventure, need only apply with any port admiral of Oleon who are hereby directed to take all necessary action to comply with this order. 

Be it done on the Second Day of the Sixth Month of the Fourth Year of His Divine Reign.

Vive le Roi!

31310403400_509f2f8fa7.jpg        

OOC: Fancy wording out of the way, if you want an Olean Letter of Marque to legally capture Terraversan ships (and any Terraversan privateers) simply say so below. If you capture a prize during a MCRA, in the subsequent MCRA it must sail for an Olean port where it can be condemned by our officials. You will keep the prize, and you will get 25 DBs per ship rank plus 1 DB per prisoner. For example a Class 4 with a crew of 150 is worth 250 DBs (100 DBs for the ship class plus 150 for the crew). If your prize is not condemned within a reasonable amount of time (allowing for unavoidable delays due to limited range or being diverted), your actions will be considered piracy and not legitimate privateering. 

Edited by Captain Genaro

I was considering OL but it looks like a get 25 DBs for capturing a TER ship whereas TER will be me 200 for capturing such an OL ship. Just saying but anyone who is in it for the cash should consider this. 

Edited by Count Vroskri
Read the Reward wrong.

13 minutes ago, Count Vroskri said:

I was considering OL but it looks like a get 25 DBs for capturing a TER ship whereas TER will be me 200 for capturing such an OL ship. Just saying but anyone who is in it for the cash should consider this. 

Not quite. Oleon will give 25 DBs per ship level plus a bounty for her crew. For example a Class 4 with a crew of 150 is worth 250 DBs (100 DBs for the ship class plus 150 for the crew).

Just now, Captain Genaro said:

Not quite. Oleon will give 25 DBs per ship level plus a bounty for her crew. For example a Class 4 with a crew of 150 is worth 250 DBs (100 DBs for the ship class plus 150 for the crew).

Aah, whereas you won't get more that 200 for TER. This means that capturing a small OL vessel is worthwhile, whereas a SoTL will only get a small reward. Hmm. 

By His Most Sacred Majesty.

A Proclamation.

To all honorable men who seek riches, glory, and adventure.

By Order of His Most Sacred Majesty, King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth, His Proclamation dated the Second Day of the Sixth Month of the Fourth Year of His Divine Reign granting the issuance of Letters of Marque is hereby amended to include vessels flying the colors of Corrington, her trade companies, and any vessels belonging to nations in a state of war with the Empire of Oleon. 

Be it done on the First Day of the Seventh Month of the Fourth Year of His Divine Reign.

Vive le Roi!

31310403400_509f2f8fa7.jpg        

OOC: All LOMs issued by Oleon will now legitimize attacks against Corrington and Terraversa. 

Aye Admiral Larvey be seeking one of them thar letters O Mark he been hearing about.  He been planning a fishing trip to infested waters 'ere lately.  

OoC:

Only my black flag ships that sail under Admiral Larvey will be accepting a LoM from OL.

21 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Aye Admiral Larvey be seeking one of them thar letters O Mark he been hearing about.  He been planning a fishing trip to infested waters 'ere lately.  

We gladly accept the service of Admiral Larvey, la Royale will provide any assistance needed in the fulfillment of his mission.

On 11/9/2020 at 5:22 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

OoC:

Only my black flag ships that sail under Admiral Larvey will be accepting a LoM from OL.

Next time, I should like explicit specification of the ship names. Especially considering you forgot to put the commander name in on your submission.

Admiral Larvery has not sailed any ships since Odin's Scorn was removed from her Black Flag status and put into anti piracy patrols 

@Bregir hope that makes it easier ... I will PM you the ship names and ensure that I list him as commander for clarification when I submit forms for this turn. 

10 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Admiral Larvery has not sailed any ships since Odin's Scorn was removed from her Black Flag status and put into anti piracy patrols 

@Bregir hope that makes it easier ... I will PM you the ship names and ensure that I list him as commander for clarification when I submit forms for this turn. 

I have assumed it was the Atropos fleet, if I remember correctly. As that was your main/only black flag fleet, as far as I could see. I hope this was right, as I really would prefer not having to roll interceptions again :pir-grin: