Ayrlego

Terraversan Letters of Marque - The Second Terraversan War

To all the citizens, nations, and peoples of the Brick Seas!

The free and independent nation of Terraversa is under a ruthless and unjust attack by the forces of the dishonourable scoundrel who styles himself Philip I, King of Oleon and Guelph. As such, I Grand Admiral L'Olius authorise the issue of Letters of Marque and Reprisal to any citizen of the Brick Seas for apprehension, seizure and taking of Ships, Vessels and Goods belonging to the Empire of Oleon or her allies.

A Terraversan Letter of Marque will give any captain holding said letter the right to attack any vessels sailing under the Olean flag, which shall be considered as right and lawful prizes of war in all courts. In addition to any prizes taken on the high seas, the Terraversan Admiralty will further reward any captain that accepts a letter of marque with a bounty of 200DB for any Olean ship (or any ship allied with Oleon) sunk or captured, to be paid upon proof of the event. 

Signed,

In the city of Westface, on this day, the 30th September, 620 years after the fall of the Great Empire by

Grand Admiral L'Olius,

OOC: Should you wish to obtain a Terraversan LoM, simply post in this thread to have one issued. If you are captaining a fleet, only your flagship requires a LoM (you don't need one for each vessel in the fleet). A TER LoM will allow you to attack Olean vessels (or vessels holding an Olean LoM) without any diplomatic consequences for you options. Be aware though a LoM will mean that, Olean warships can attack you back.

Don't have a big enough fleet...

Edited by JintaiZ

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Errr, well, I don't  know if you're copy-pasting all your answers, but this time you're off the mark.

I'm not. Thought I replied to another MOC...

Sorry for the confusion.

In the Kings Port Advertiser and Ship List (Vol. 5, Issue 4) Oleon has 64 ships at Terraversa. Seems like a suicide squad.

Just now, NOD said:

In the Kings Port Advertiser and Ship List (Vol. 5, Issue 4) Oleon has 64 ships at Terraversa. Seems like a suicide squad.

Ships holding a letter of marque may attack Oleon vessels anywhere in the Brick Seas. You don't have to attack the Olean battle fleet around Terraversa!!!

29 minutes ago, NOD said:

You just have to build some ships... :pir_tong2:

38 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

You just have to build some ships... :pir_tong2:

Or you could instead bet on the winning horse... :pir_tong2:

Just now, Keymonus said:

Or you could instead bet on the winning horse... :pir_tong2:

... which will be slaughtered, deep-fried and made into tasty snacks by your local WayMart - selling "HorSnack, delicious fried horse on a stick" soon! :pir-thumb:

5 minutes ago, Darnok said:

... which will be slaughtered, deep-fried and made into tasty snacks by your local WayMart - selling "HorSnack, delicious fried horse on a stick" soon! :pir-thumb:

:pir-laugh:

11 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

A Terraversan Letter of Marque will give any captain holding said letter the right to attack any vessels sailing under the Olean flag, which shall be considered as right and lawful prizes of war in all courts. In addition to any prizes taken on the high seas, the Terraversan Admiralty will further reward any captain that accepts a letter of marque with a bounty of 200DB for any Olean ship (or any ship allied with Oleon) sunk or captured, to be paid upon proof of the event. 

Signed,

In the city of Westface, on this day, the 30th September, 620 years after the fall of the Great Empire by

Grand Admiral L'Olius,

OOC: Should you wish to obtain a Terraversan LoM, simply post in this thread to have one issued. If you are captaining a fleet, only your flagship requires a LoM (you don't need one for each vessel in the fleet). A TER LoM will allow you to attack Olean vessels (or vessels holding an Olean LoM) without any diplomatic consequences for you options. Be aware though a LoM will mean that, Olean warships can attack you back.

Will we be payed for sinking or  capturing a OL ship? 

Edited by Count Vroskri

Just now, Count Vroskri said:

Will we be payed for sinking or  capturing a TER ship? 

11 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

the Terraversan Admiralty will further reward any captain that accepts a letter of marque with a bounty of 200DB for any Olean ship (or any ship allied with Oleon) sunk or captured, to be paid upon proof of the event.

Yes. As above a bounty of 200DB will be paid to any Captain that sinks or captures an Olean vessel while sailing under a Terraversan letter of marque.

EDIT: I realised that you specified a TER vessel. These are TER letter's of marque so no, you definitely won't paid for sinking TER vessels. Oleon are free to issue their own LoM if they so desire but any bounty you'd have to take up with them.

2 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

Yes. As above a bounty of 200DB will be paid to any Captain that sinks or captures an Olean vessel while sailing under a Terraversan letter of marque.

EDIT: I realised that you specified a TER vessel. These are TER letter's of marque so no, you definitely won't paid for sinking TER vessels. Oleon are free to issue their own LoM if they so desire but any bounty you'd have to take up with them.

Oh, that was a mistake on my part, I meant an OL vessel. I believe I edited it. 

13 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

the Terraversan Admiralty

Does such thing still exists? 

13 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

a bounty of 200DB

Paid in advance I imagine, l'Olius's time is counting down.

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

Does such thing still exists? 

Paid in advance I imagine, l'Olius's time is counting down.

And I hear King Philip The Pretentious has riots in his streets, and people calling for the downfall of the monarchy and the rise of a republic...:pir-grin:

6 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Ships holding a letter of marque may attack Oleon vessels anywhere in the Brick Seas. You don't have to attack the Olean battle fleet around Terraversa!!!

I know, but that doesn't change the course of the war!!! Even if 20 Oleon ships are sunk or captured somewhere, Terraversa will lose. Terraversa can only win if they have Godzilla or Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris swims to the Olean battle fleet around Terraversa and punches on every ship a hole under the waterline with his fist. Then he surrounded the oleander land troops. He shoots everyone with his flintlock pistol.

For those who didn't understand.  Chuck Norris flintlock pistol is a Gatling gun. Because it can reload them very, very ......... quickly.

The Second Terraversan War - Submissions Thread

Terraversan Letters of Marque - The Second Terraversan War

I think the ideas are good, but it doesn't change the course of the war. The half island has already been conquered.

7 minutes ago, NOD said:

Terraversa will lose

"It is known..." :pir-grin:

Well, if you are so certain, take Bodi's advice and bet on your winning horse instead. BoBS is a dynamic world, and if events unfold so that Terraversa becomes an Olean colony, so be it. It is up to you to make your choices, but believing anything is given will probably prove wrong.

In the past, we have seen things change over night - you never know how SR, COR, or ESL may react to the prospect of a lost Terraversa, and so far, the Terraversan are still sitting on about half of their own island. How many mercenaries, volunteers or LoMs will join either side? We do not know, but it is certainly an interesting time.

Additionally, we do not know OL's end-game. Perhaps their objective is exclusive trading or docking rights, or total dominion. We don't know - so guessing at the outcome may be fun, but your predictions have only two possible outcomes: You can be wrong, or you can be lucky! :pir-tongue:

3 hours ago, Bregir said:

And I hear King Philip The Pretentious has riots in his streets, and people calling for the downfall of the monarchy and the rise of a republic...:pir-grin:

There were a few manifestations in the streets of Granoleon, and our illustrious King Phillip is aware of their request, he'll take good care of his subjects, as he always did.

2 hours ago, NOD said:

Chuck Norris

Where's our Jean Claude Van Damme?:pir_laugh2:

3 hours ago, NOD said:

Terraversa can only win if they have Godzilla or Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris swims to the Olean battle fleet around Terraversa and punches on every ship a hole under the waterline with his fist. Then he surrounded the oleander land troops. He shoots everyone with his flintlock pistol. 

I don't really think it matters too much who wins, as long as we fight valiantly for those who we think are right. That said this is hilarious. 

What about Godzilla though?

9 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

I don't really think it matters too much who wins, as long as we fight valiantly for those who we think are right. That said this is hilarious. 

What about Godzilla though?

"It's Gojira, you moron!" quoted from a movie I actually was talking about with one of my coworkers this morning.

7 hours ago, gedren_y said:

"It's Gojira, you moron!" quoted from a movie I actually was talking about with one of my coworkers this morning.

:pir-laugh: indeed. 

Woot woot!  I love Letters of Marque - now just got some thinking to do weighing the alternatives here, :grin: :laugh:  And maybe time to build up the fleet a bit too - Captain Nordau's still waiting on his new ship... :innocent: :grin:

Captain K accepted the Terraversan letter of Marque, and set sail with the crew on her ship the Hitch to help the Terraversans in need!

Her acts on and around the island will be posted in this thread.

Postal office