Louis of Nutwood

[MOC] SHIPtember: The M.O.C.H.A.

The M.O.C.H.A.

SHIPtember: The M.O.C.H.A.

SHIPtember: The M.O.C.H.A.

SHIPtember: The M.O.C.H.A. (Armada)

An E-7 explorer short-range scout vessel, intended for spatial reconnaissance missions and troop deployment. 
With enough space for a crew of six and a small vehicle, the M.O.C.H.A. is equipped with two laser shooters (one up front and another next to the cockpit) and a single-powered 16 ion-drive thruster.

This beauty tops on 102 studs length. It was planned and built between September 13th and September 30th. 
This is the first spaceship I've ever built and I can't figure why I haven't done this before. It was a blast!
Running through some difficulties - a weak structure, lack of plates, lack of tiles and color scheme troubles, to name a few - just made me want more of this, and I couldn't be happier with the result. 

Hope you all like it. Would love to hear your thoughts and feedback.

Built for SHIPtember 2020
Louis of Nutwood

Wonderful ship, such great textures with the greebling and I love the colour scheme. Really enjoyed watching this come together over on flickr - it has developed a lot and the end result is awesome. Also, I always enjoy it when you tackle builds in different styles and genres - your medieval builds are amazing but some of your most impressive creations are those experimenting outside of that theme. Great Job!

23 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow ...what a superb texture! :wub_drool:

At first glance it doesn't seem lego ...fantastic!

Thanks, Lego Train 12 Volts! 
I'm thrilled you liked it. Sometimes I also have to take a second look to see if it's actually LEGO. Hahah. 

22 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Fantastic build!

Thanks, Jintai! I'm happy you liked it. Thanks for the support!

11 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Wonderful ship, such great textures with the greebling and I love the colour scheme. Really enjoyed watching this come together over on flickr - it has developed a lot and the end result is awesome. Also, I always enjoy it when you tackle builds in different styles and genres - your medieval builds are amazing but some of your most impressive creations are those experimenting outside of that theme. Great Job!

Thanks, MarvelBoy for such a heartwarming comment!
I'm flattered you like the color scheme, as it was a last-minute adjustment, after finding out that my white tiles would not suffice. But I'm very pleased with the final result, and I'm happy you like it too. These past few months, I've tried to step away from my favorite genre, away from my comfort zone, just to feel different vibes. And hearing your approval only makes me more encouraged. I've discovered there's a whole new world outside our comfort zones, and we need to practice this more frequently. 
Thanks for the support, brother! I truly appreciate it. 

9 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Amazing spaceship!

Amazing comment, Ragana!
Glad you liked it, Captain. And thanks for the support. :D

Awesome! Great work on the greebling, altough it's in black it's still visible. Als nice color choice, reminds me a bit of the Dune games. 

First ship you've ever built? Wow! It's gorgeous and that color scheme is unique and very eye-catching! I'd love to see more ships from you as you definitely have a very creative mind and would surely come up with some wonderful stuff. Always a pleasure to see your work, great job! :laugh:

On 10/3/2020 at 12:06 PM, Ecclesiastes said:

Awesome! Great work on the greebling, altough it's in black it's still visible. Als nice color choice, reminds me a bit of the Dune games. 

I'm flattered you like it, Ecc. It means a lot coming from such an inspiring builder! And I'm happy it makes you reminisce a bit of the good ol' times. 
Cheers, man! Thanks for the much welcomed support. 

On 10/3/2020 at 6:24 PM, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

First ship you've ever built? Wow! It's gorgeous and that color scheme is unique and very eye-catching! I'd love to see more ships from you as you definitely have a very creative mind and would surely come up with some wonderful stuff. Always a pleasure to see your work, great job!

Thank you so much, dear neighbor! It's awesome to have such friendly people around the block. Really glad you liked the color scheme, as it was a last-minute adjustment. But I'm happy with the result and satisfied it pleases you. Thanks for the support, brother! Cheers.

23 hours ago, ZCerberus said:

I like the shape, but LOVE the colors.  They work so well together.

Thank you, sir Cerberus! I'm honored to have your appraisal. Glad you liked the colors as much as I did. 
Thanks for the support, man. Cheers!

Unusual color scheme, but it works well...

That's an impressive one manned spaceSHIP.

The black greeblings are especially awesome (what a job you've done here ! )

Love all the angles on this thing, it's got a really funky exterior that is still somehow completely cohesive.  Very nice work!

On 10/6/2020 at 4:40 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Unusual color scheme, but it works well...

That's an impressive one manned spaceSHIP.

The black greeblings are especially awesome (what a job you've done here ! )

I'm honored you liked the color scheme and the greebling work, Professor!
It took me a while to figure the scale, but once I found the space for the cockpit, there was no turning back. 
Thanks for the support!

On 10/6/2020 at 10:52 AM, The Stad said:

Love all the angles on this thing, it's got a really funky exterior that is still somehow completely cohesive.  Very nice work!

I'm glad you like it funky, The Stad! The coloring was a last minute adjustment once I figured I would not have enough white tiles, but I'm happy it works and you liked it too. 
Cheers, man! Thanks for the support.