JintaiZ

77904 Nebulon B Frigate

6 minutes ago, Omand said:

Unlike the Bespin Duel set, it looks like Lego really did make this one a US only exclusive.  Checked multiple times on Shop Lego Canada with no luck, an not a hint of it showing up on Amazon.ca.

Oh well, at least it can be built with the instructions.

Cheers

I'm sorry to hear that, but LEGO specifically said it's a US exclusive...

36 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

That still doesn’t make it acceptable. To some extent it would have easier to obtain this set in a normal year where conventions were unaffected.

17 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

That still doesn’t make it acceptable. To some extent it would have easier to obtain this set in a normal year where conventions were unaffected.

Oh well... the event was supposed to be in US so I guess that makes it more fair?

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

Well, yes, but my point was that the recent Bespin Duel set was also listed as a US exclusive, but was marketed to both the US and Canada (aka the english speaking portion of North America).  There was the real possibility that the same trend would repeat for this release.  Remember, the Bespin Duel was also supposed to be a US Convention exclusive.

1 hour ago, Omand said:

Well, yes, but my point was that the recent Bespin Duel set was also listed as a US exclusive, but was marketed to both the US and Canada (aka the english speaking portion of North America).  There was the real possibility that the same trend would repeat for this release.  Remember, the Bespin Duel was also supposed to be a US Convention exclusive.

I mean... it was first listed a US exclusive but then changed to US/CA exclusive...

Looks like they actually sold out in the first 20 minutes it went live, and they oversold what they had in stock... hence the cancellations.  Luckily mine arrive tomorrow, but some others weren’t so lucky...

Really bad form, especially when the buy limit was 3 instead of 1...$40 in VIP points is a nice comp though. Little consolation to those who really wanted the sets.

In the initial hour after the LEGO Shop sellout, I was able to place an order using the mobile site and PayPal, even when the set was still showing as out of stock on the desktop website. I subsequently got an email notifying me that the item I'd ordered was out of stock, and I wouldn't be charged until it came back in. I took no assurance from this, and managed to snag a copy when it became available on Amazon. The set from Amazon arrived within two days (they used their own shipping service), after which point I called LEGO and cancelled my original order. Now I'm thinking that the first order would have been cancelled by LEGO anyway ... so I guess I got lucky! But I wonder how many other people placed their orders using the mobile site after it had already sold out on the desktop site.

2 hours ago, Admonisher said:

In the initial hour after the LEGO Shop sellout, I was able to place an order using the mobile site and PayPal, even when the set was still showing as out of stock on the desktop website. I subsequently got an email notifying me that the item I'd ordered was out of stock, and I wouldn't be charged until it came back in. I took no assurance from this, and managed to snag a copy when it became available on Amazon. The set from Amazon arrived within two days (they used their own shipping service), after which point I called LEGO and cancelled my original order. Now I'm thinking that the first order would have been cancelled by LEGO anyway ... so I guess I got lucky! But I wonder how many other people placed their orders using the mobile site after it had already sold out on the desktop site.

I've seen rumors saying it would have been sold out in 20 minutes, but lucky you!!

Wait, $40 in VIP points? I ordered three through the site and never received them either due to the mobile site allowing me to buy them when they were out of stock, too. Any tips on how to get the VIP consolation considering they let the $120 payment sit for almost a week. Still hasn't cleared my bank as of yet.

Edited by joebiwankenobi

6 hours ago, joebiwankenobi said:

Wait, $40 in VIP points? I ordered three through the site and never received them either due to the mobile site allowing me to buy them when they were out of stock, too. Any tips on how to get the VIP consolation considering they let the $120 payment sit for almost a week. Still hasn't cleared my bank as of yet.

You'll probably have to call Lego customer service. If you do, let us know what they tell you if you don't mind.

7 hours ago, joebiwankenobi said:

Check your order status.

Just now, joebiwankenobi said:

I just did. No VIP points or anything. 

You'd receive an email if your order is cancelled.