JintaiZ

77904 Nebulon B Frigate

Crossing my fingers that LEGO sells this as well. Might as well throw my chances out the window if it's Amazon-only.

Edited by The_Chosen_1

1 hour ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Crossing my fingers that LEGO sells this as well. Might as well throw my changes out the window if it's Amazon-only.

Just bricklink one... there isn't any special parts apart from the sticker.

14 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Just bricklink one... there isn't any special parts apart from the sticker.

Bricklinking isn't as straightforward as it seems. Specifically the 1 x 2 modified plate with open clip is a relatively new / rare piece at this point...only appearing in three sets in that color: Mos Eisley, Razor Crest, and Nebulon. It might take some time for BL sellers to build an inventory and it will be a sought after piece.

Aside from that I've never pieced together a whole set using Bricklink so I'm not sure the best approach to do this affordably. Starting to look slightly expensive at this point.

37 minutes ago, CDM said:

Bricklinking isn't as straightforward as it seems. Specifically the 1 x 2 modified plate with open clip is a relatively new / rare piece at this point...only appearing in three sets in that color: Mos Eisley, Razor Crest, and Nebulon. It might take some time for BL sellers to build an inventory and it will be a sought after piece.

Aside from that I've never pieced together a whole set using Bricklink so I'm not sure the best approach to do this affordably. Starting to look slightly expensive at this point.

Didn't buy it yet, but I found all the parts I need for $49.

2 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Didn't buy it yet, but I found all the parts I need for $49.

How many different orders? And are you starting off with some of your own pieces?

2 minutes ago, CDM said:

How many different orders? And are you starting off with some of your own pieces?

Nope. Shipping isn't included, but still...

16 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Nope. Shipping isn't included, but still...

Hmmm...maybe the problem is I'm trying to part it out by buying new pieces? Whatever the case, I'm gonna wait this out to see if more pop up for purchase.

13 minutes ago, CDM said:

Hmmm...maybe the problem is I'm trying to part it out by buying new pieces? Whatever the case, I'm gonna wait this out to see if more pop up for purchase.

I think the part out value is just pure luck... if you find the parts for cheap you shouldn't hesitate.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 12:42 PM, KevinYoung said:

What a joke on amazon with this set.

My best guess would be that amazon wanted to see who will actually purchase the mystery set...

Between the Coming Soon graphic on Amazon and the fact the BW Taskmaster set is popping up again on Lego.com I'm liking the chances of grabbing the Nebulon.

Got confirmation that my order shipped from Amazon today, just in time for the holiday buying rush. Still surprised at how poorly they handled it. Let’s hope Lego’s offering goes smoothly tonight. 

Just now, KevinMD said:

Got confirmation that my order shipped from Amazon today, just in time for the holiday buying rush. Still surprised at how poorly they handled it. Let’s hope Lego’s offering goes smoothly tonight. 

Awesome! You're already lucky to pick one up!

Went on sale a couple minutes before midnight. Sold out by 12:17 (I didn’t check until then - it could’ve sold out even quicker)

Its still coming soon on Amazon, probably just a show to cover for the previous mistake when stock sold out. Lego really dropped the ball making these region exclusives, no excuse to expose fans to scalpers when they have region web sites

On Amazon its both coming soon on some pages and " Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

I was able to order 77904 from shop.lego.com at 12:54am. My order was accepted. Right away I got an e-mail saying it was out of stock and it would be longer before it is shipped.

Anyone else have this happen with limited run sets? Will it still ship, or should I contact customer service and see if they can just ship me all of the parts for the set?

Edited by meschepers
Spelling/typo

8 hours ago, wooten said:

Went on sale a couple minutes before midnight. Sold out by 12:17 (I didn’t check until then - it could’ve sold out even quicker)

8 hours ago, cyberrage said:

Its still coming soon on Amazon, probably just a show to cover for the previous mistake when stock sold out. Lego really dropped the ball making these region exclusives, no excuse to expose fans to scalpers when they have region web sites

8 hours ago, Altair1 said:

I managed to order it on the Lego Shop US! That was close...

8 hours ago, wooten said:

Yeah, it’s bounced between available and sold out sine my post. Don’t stop trying!

3 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

31 minutes ago, meschepers said:

I was able to order 77904 from shop.lego.com at 12:54am. My order was accepted. Right away I got an e-mail saying it was out of stock and it would be longer before it is shipped.

Anyone else have this happen with limited run sets? Will it still ship, or should I contact customer service and see if they can just ship me all of the parts for the set?

That's great! But it's sold out now...

8 hours ago, cyberrage said:

On Amazon its both coming soon on some pages and " Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

It went back in stock once, but it's not really likely to be available again.

I managed to grab one from Amazon after waking up randomly at 4am and somehow remembering it was going on sale today.

I'd recommend checking Lego.com periodically. A couple days ago, while checking to see if the Nebulon had a page, the 77906 Wonder Woman set was randomly in stock. It had been out of stock for weeks prior. Keep checking.

Unlike the Bespin Duel set, it looks like Lego really did make this one a US only exclusive.  Checked multiple times on Shop Lego Canada with no luck, an not a hint of it showing up on Amazon.ca.

Oh well, at least it can be built with the instructions.

Cheers