JintaiZ

77904 Nebulon B Frigate

Thanks to promobricks, we've got news for the upcoming 77904 Nelson B Frigate, which was intended for the San Diego Comic Con.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-sdcc2020-star-wars-nebulon-b-frigate-77904/109992/

lego-77904-star-wras-nebulon-b-frigate-s

Image from Promobricks

We don't have news on the availability yet. Though like other comic-con exclusive sets, it will most likely be available only in the US if it releases. If not, I guess you could find the parts you need and build your own copy! :wink:

The price? Well, it's a Star Wars set. So what does it mean? More expensive than sets in other themes, pretty much! I would expect it to be around the $45 mark since there isn't that much rare pieces. However, LEGO could easily slap $20 more on it will still sell like hotcakes!

My thoughts? I believe this set Is great, and remarkably accurate to the real thing. It's great to see TLG releasing some unique Star Wars sets, because many previous ones were remakes of older sets. Looks like they're getting way more creative with their products than before!

Anyways, what are your thoughts? Comment below!

Edited by JintaiZ

Decent little set.  Checking the instructions the 40th ESB anni tile is a sticker and there seems to be pretty much nothing too fancy parts wise, so one to make up myself given its a US only sale. 

Edited by Hold0511

6 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

Decent little set.  Checking the instructions the 40th ESB anni tile is a sticker and there seems to be pretty much nothing too fancy parts wise, so one to make up myself given its a US only sale. 

Great idea, though it doesn't have the collector's value anymore when it's no longer sealed...

2 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Great idea, though it doesn't have the collector's value anymore when it's no longer sealed...

True enough but I'm one of the buy lego and then build and display / play with kids types so not being in a sealed box is no problemo at all.

10 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

True enough but I'm one of the buy lego and then build and display / play with kids types so not being in a sealed box is no problemo at all.

So this set is perfect for you after all!!

14 minutes ago, Ragana9289 said:

Nelson ? I think it's called "Nebulon B".

Thanks for letting me know.

1 hour ago, KevinYoung said:

We got a release date yet

Not quite...

Lego need to be careful. If its another US exclusive after the Bespin Duel debacle they are at risk of alienating far more customers in the rest of the world than they gain in sales in the US.

Edited by Mountain Man

10 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Lego need to be careful. If its another US exclusive after the Bespin Duel debacle they are at risk of alienating far more customers in the rest of the world than they gain in sales in the US.

Sorry to hear you feel that way. However, since the event was supposed to be in US only, there shouldn't be too much to complain about if you don't live in the US. If you just want this, always try bricklinking the parts.

1 hour ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Interesting. I still wish they'd do a play-scale version of this ship.

That's how comic con sets work...

20 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Sorry to hear you feel that way. However, since the event was supposed to be in US only, there shouldn't be too much to complain about if you don't live in the US. If you just want this, always try bricklinking the parts.

By that logic, shouldn't it be a US and Mexico exclusive given the location of the event was closer to the majority of the Mexican population than a lot of large US population hubs. 

Using location of the event to justify it being a US exclusive fails completely when you consider basic geography. 

If you want to be fairer, make it a California exclusive. Only available in local shops. 

Edited by Mountain Man

10 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

By that logic, shouldn't it be a US and Mexico exclusive given the location of the event was closer to the majority of the Mexican population than a lot of large US population hubs. 

Using location of the event to justify it being a US exclusive fails completely when you consider basic geography. 

If you want to be fairer, make it a California exclusive. Only available in local shops. 

That entirely isn't the point. UK gets the LEGO House exclusives, 21037 LEGO House, 21055 Burj Khalifa, return of 75144 Snowspeeder, and Blocks Magazine. UK has been getting lots of exclusives too.

20 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

That entirely isn't the point. UK gets the LEGO House exclusives, 21037 LEGO House, 21055 Burj Khalifa, return of 75144 Snowspeeder, and Blocks Magazine. UK has been getting lots of exclusives too.

It is exactly the point. You cant claim geography of event for making it a US exclusive when its closer to the Mexican capital and the majority of population and the US's. 

The issue isnt regional exclusives, its this nonsense argument about event location being used, which fails basic geographical analysis. 

Blocks magazine is a non lego product. Its a independent publication, no different to US magazines 

Edited by Mountain Man

Just now, Mountain Man said:

It is exactly the point. You cant claim geography of event for making it a US exclusive when its closer to the Mexican capital and the majority of population and the US's. 

The issue isnt regional exclusives, its this nonsense argument about event location being used, which fails basic geographical analysis. 

Blocks magazine is a non lego product. Its a independent publication. 

Still... did the US get 21037 or 21055? Nope.

In fact, I don't really care much about the SDCC exclusives sets. Perhaps I like 77904, but that's about it. I'd rather get the return of the UCS Snowspeeder. It's been my wanted list for years...

is a micro scale ship ?

I'm asking because the more I see micro ships the more I like them

I might start collecting and building them one day and wondering if this frigate is compatible with them in terms of size/scale

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 5:48 AM, macaron35 said:

is a micro scale ship ?

I might start collecting and building them one day and wondering if this frigate is compatible with them in terms of size/scale

Think it's midi-scale

On 10/9/2020 at 10:48 AM, macaron35 said:

is a micro scale ship ?

It’s sort of midway between midi and micro scale. I bricklinked and built it last week. Here’s a picture of it in front of the Nebulon B moc I made in January. The moc is 58cm long and 30cm high. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/164260086@N06/50427274027/in/dateposted-public/

Update: It will be available on amazon.com for $39.99, but we don't have a release date yet...

44 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Update: It will be available on amazon.com for $39.99, but we don't have a release date yet...

November 14.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

November 14.

Thanks for letting me know. Where did you get that information from?

39 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Thanks for letting me know. Where did you get that information from?

He's regularly had inside information, I'm not sure he can say where he got it but I'm inclined to believe him.

Apparently Amazon sold approx 1000 preorders overnight (with no limit) for an unknown $40 set all but certainly the Nebulon CC exclusive. Set has disappeared from the site. Hopefully it reappears at some point closer to the release date.