Sign in to follow this  
NOD

Coffee Plantation

Plantation: Large

50403600077_e0b92bba24_b.jpgDSC08203 by Philippe, auf Flickr

In the first coffee plantation in Tortuga is currently harvesting. Coffee beans are mainly sold to the Sea Rats. Others can buy it for a modest surcharge.

50403440901_f446ed81b8_b.jpgDSC08232 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The coffee that is made from it is not just a luxury item. With the high caffeine content, it also serves as a stimulant.

50403600072_b09f80bf6b_b.jpgDSC08235 by Philippe, auf Flickr

50402738138_9001ef8cfd_b.jpgDSC08238 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Looks good @NOD, and I appreciate the consistency in the plants, especially having it each such a large size. The plants and figure posing looks good as well. 

It could use more substance though. I'd like to see some paths, dirt or stone, maybe a carriage, or some outbuildings. As is, this is kinda just a build of the farm, with only the farmers and plants. While it looks decent, It could really use something to break it up, or to look more interesting. Just some thoughts for the next one. 

That being said, for the 'nature' section of a plantation, it looks pretty decent. 

Wow, first question where do you get all this lovely plants ? This is not the design of the 3 leaved original bamboo lego one, so I'm interested !

I second Mesabi for the other comments.

One exception however : you used fleshy figs, what a pity ! :pir-sad2:

Spoiler

just kidding !

3 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Looks good @NOD, and I appreciate the consistency in the plants, especially having it each such a large size. The plants and figure posing looks good as well. 

It could use more substance though. I'd like to see some paths, dirt or stone, maybe a carriage, or some outbuildings. As is, this is kinda just a build of the farm, with only the farmers and plants. While it looks decent, It could really use something to break it up, or to look more interesting. Just some thoughts for the next one. 

That being said, for the 'nature' section of a plantation, it looks pretty decent. 

Thanks for the compliments.

You're right. Unfortunately, I don't have any bricks for stones or nice outbuildings or whatever. I'm currently trying to build the best of my existing bricks. I have to order suitable bricks first. I am trying to make my next plantations better.

3 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Wow, first question where do you get all this lovely plants ? This is not the design of the 3 leaved original bamboo lego one, so I'm interested !

I second Mesabi for the other comments.

One exception however : you used fleshy figs, what a pity ! :pir-sad2:

Reveal hidden contents

just kidding !

I ordered the plants from AliExpr***. Most of my minifigures in Brethren of the Brick Seas are from Pirates of the Caribbean, Game of Thrones, and Lord of the Rings. In "raising of troop: Guerrillas Mercenaries" you can see that there are 63 different faces. Neither is the same. In yellow I don't even have half of it. I know it's just fun.

2 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

This is an awesome plantation, I love all the plants and greens. 

I enjoyed building the plantation. I also considered building a plantation with bricklink Studio 2.0. No idea where the minifigures come from in all the LDD builds on eurobricks. I wasn't able to find or build 1 minifigure. Probably I did something wrong.

31 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Excellent plantation!!

Just now, NOD said:

I ordered the plants from AliExpr***. Most of my minifigures in Brethren of the Brick Seas are from Pirates of the Caribbean, Game of Thrones, and Lord of the Rings. In "raising of troop: Guerrillas Mercenaries" you can see that there are 63 different faces. Neither is the same. In yellow I don't even have half of it.

Erf, :wall: forgery !