DuckBricks

[REVIEW] Every Canonized Fan-Created Model

Hey everyone!

I am launching a new review series focusing on every single canonized model from the Bionicle fan community, be it via contests, books, or more. I intend to build every single one that has instructions published when this is all said and done, and if there's enough interest I'll keep updating this post to include the next models!

Here's the first one, focusing on Tobduk, operative of the Order of Mata Nui.

Let me know what you think or if you have any comments or suggestions for the reviews down below, and thanks for watching! 

Next up is Makuta Miserix!

Melding Teridax

Ancient

Edited by DuckBricks

41 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Great idea!

I think a scoring section would be nice.

That's a good idea! I have been thinking of something along those lines, but it's a little hard to compare, say, a canonized Bionicle book model made by a ten year old sent to the LEGO Group for review compared to a model that passed through several rounds of voting and fan scrutiny via a canonization voting contest. Perhaps I will have two categories - kid-created/LEGO Group "contests," and AFOL/fan community contests as the level of build quality and details are so different between the two.

2 hours ago, DuckBricks said:

That's a good idea! I have been thinking of something along those lines, but it's a little hard to compare, say, a canonized Bionicle book model made by a ten year old sent to the LEGO Group for review compared to a model that passed through several rounds of voting and fan scrutiny via a canonization voting contest. Perhaps I will have two categories - kid-created/LEGO Group "contests," and AFOL/fan community contests as the level of build quality and details are so different between the two.

If that wasn't clear...

1. Playability - 20 points

2. Build - 20 points

3. Design/Accuracy - 20 points

4. Functions - 20 points

5. Collectability - 20 points

Final score should be out of 100 points. Thanks for your consideration!!!

This is a really cool idea! I think it gives people an idea of what fan MOCists were thinking of when they built their MOCs.

1 hour ago, KhingK said:

This is a really cool idea! I think it gives people an idea of what fan MOCists were thinking of when they built their MOCs.

Thanks for commenting and checking them out!

The next review for Makuta Miserix is up!