Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-FB2] A Fine day in Port Raleigh

Type: Small Cultural

50401061588_57a3827469_z.jpg

It was a fine day in Port Raleigh, and outside the Local Government Offices, soldiers idly patrolled, in case of Sea Rat attack. 

50401914067_b061884423_z.jpg

Representative Bob Mitchell was startled from his paperwork, by a rather rude Count Mesabi, wielding a sealed envelope. 

"What the? Who are you!?" Yelled Rep. Mitchell

"The 'name' is Count Mesabi of Debonshire, member of the Royal Parliament, CEO of the WTC, and Adventurer Extraordinaire." Said Count Mesabi in an absurdly confident voice. He dropped the letter off on the desk. "You'll want this."

"It's labeled, the "I Love Corrington" Bill..." muttered Rep. Mitchell

Meanwhile, Accountant Darby dug through papers in the Records room, searching for tax information so that he could finally finish the 617 Audit of the WTC. 

50401914197_7690f9af26_z.jpg

The Count moseyed over to the Liquor Tray, and without a bit of hesitation, began chugging the most expensive wine.

Rep. Bob sputtered, "Hey, you can't..." The Count ignored him, swallowed, and interrupted. "You know, I can almost taste the grapes in this wine." He paused. "Oh were you saying something?" Bob tried to talk once more, but the Count interrupted before he could even get a single word out. 

50401913752_71a6709496_z.jpg

"This bill will revolutionize Corrington, go ahead and open it!" Said the Count with the enthusiasm of a small child granted free reign in a candy store. 

Rep. Mitchell scanned through the bill. "This is just a series of massive Government contracts towards the WTC...."

The Count took another swig, before backwashing half of the swig into the bottle, setting it down, and walking over to the desk. He picked up the piece of paper. 

50401756401_426edc352b_z.jpg

"No, Todd," He said, "The Bill creates a new holiday called 'Corrington Day,' declares Strawberry Cake 'Anetta's Cake,' and allocates funds for a funeral for Comodore Cooke when he gets executed for heresy in Terraversa" He paused. "And additionally, has a few riders making sure the WTC gets those government contracts no one else wanted..."

"This is Insane!" Yelled Rep. Mitchell, "I'll never vote for this bill, even if it passes the Noble Parliament!"

"Well then, Rep. Micheal, I guess you don't love Corrington." And with that, he grabbed an envelope, and left the Office, leaving a bewildered Rep. Mitchell to consider his life choices, and the Insanity of the Mesabi name. 

50401913022_7321083154_z.jpg

Outside, Darby and Mesabi reconvened. 

"So, according to this," said Darby, "The WTC owes the crown-" The Count interrupted. 

"Darby, I understand you're excited, but I have something more important! I stole this envelope from the desk of Rep. Rob Witch-hazel! It could be important!"

"Wait, isn't that like super illegal to-" Darby was again interrupted by the roughling of paper as the Count tore open the envelope like a lion to a gazel's stomach. 

"Aww, it's just a lame birthday card to his nephew in Quinnsville, but wait!" He exclaimed.

"There's 2 Dubloons inside! I'm rich!"

FIN

Thanks for viewing my build. Here are some shots of the entire building. 

I really enjoyed this build, and I really tried to make it look as neat and put together as possible. I think it might have turned out a little too neat, but I'm quite happy with it. C&C appreciated!

Apologies to @Bregir, but IC Count Mesabi would assume that Cooke would be executed for Heresy. While I'm not sure how *hush hush* the TER story has been for us, (still catching up on 2 years of backlog :pir-grin:) I could See Count Mesabi knowing Cooke is there, and assuming he would be executed for heresy for no reason other than that's the kind of thing the Count assumes. I mean no harm, and enjoy your stories and this is entirely an IC statement. 

Edited by Mesabi
fixing stuffs!

I really like this build, Mesabi. The building itself is nice and neat (maybe too neat for the Count, but perfect for us civilized folk), and you did a good job capturing a colonial-style building. I'm a big fan of the interior, especially the ceiling. Such an overlooked element, and it's great to see you put effort into it, particularly focusing on the light feature. 

I really like the contrasting styles.....a neat clean exterior, but an interior packed with multiple levels and lots of great detail. Well done!

Unfortunately no success, but at least he drank the most expensive wine and found 2 doubloons. Good story.

Nice half-timbered house. I like also the ceiling with the lamp on the first floor. It is immediately noticeable.

Neat build! The facade looks really good and I like the fully paved street too, and it even has an interior! 

So, apparently I forgot to include a title, I need to stop posting builds right before bed. :look:

The title is supposed to be "A Fine Day in Port Raleigh"

9 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

I really like this build, Mesabi. The building itself is nice and neat (maybe too neat for the Count, but perfect for us civilized folk), and you did a good job capturing a colonial-style building. I'm a big fan of the interior, especially the ceiling. Such an overlooked element, and it's great to see you put effort into it, particularly focusing on the light feature. 

Thanks! I really think the ceiling technique was a great addition to the build, and I'm glad I did it.

7 hours ago, NOD said:

Unfortunately no success, but at least he drank the most expensive wine and found 2 doubloons. Good story.

Nice half-timbered house. I like also the ceiling with the lamp on the first floor. It is immediately noticeable.

Well, Darby found the tax information from 617, so It's technically a success. :pir-laugh:

Thanks!

6 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

A great build accompanied by a great story! Your tease in the faction thread did not disappoint!

Thank you! 

4 hours ago, Bodi said:

Neat build! The facade looks really good and I like the fully paved street too, and it even has an interior! 

Thank you! And I always try to have at least some interior. :pir-blush:

I can see so many wonderful techniques. I especially love the facade and the desk. I loved the story too. So if Corrington is based on England, is Debonshire based on Devonshire? 

Edited by Count Vroskri

Mwahahahahahahaha excellent story !

This government office is a clever one. The beam on the basement's ceiling are a nice touch.

There is just something that intrigues me : a government office = a cultural property

I may guarantee you that there is absolutely no culture in any french government service. I agree it may not extend to the US one but...

However :

- Plantation : there are numerous house plants among government employee

- Commerce : for bribery

- Residence : reading newspapers, have a nap here or elsewhere...

You have to  forgot

- Mine, artisan, factory  : impossible, there's supposed to be workers on duty inside

- Education : mwahahahaha

4 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Mwahahahahahahaha excellent story !

This government office is a clever one. The beam on the basement's ceiling are a nice touch.

Thank you! I really tried to make all of the ceilings look good in this one. 

7 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

I can see so many wonderful techniques. I especially love the facade and the desk. I loved the story too. 

Thank you! I had fun making the desk, and I'm glad it turned out well. 

4 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

There is just something that intrigues me : a government office = a cultural property

I may guarantee you that there is absolutely no culture in any french government service. I agree it may not extend to the US one but...

Governmental Builds are kinda just shoehorned into cultural. They don't really have a perfect fit into any of the other categories, so that's where they're supposed to be, according to the "By Land" thread.  :shrug_confused:

7 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

So if Corrington is based on England, is Debonshire based on Devonshire? 

Probably? Count Mesabi was 'Counted' by @Scarst who literally hasn't been on since 2017, and I never really found out. I should ask @Bregir if I should define it or such. :pir_laugh2:

Very nice desk and what a great job on the ceiling! That gold piece works so well there. I don't think I've ever seen it used like that. Great job there!