Lind Whisperer

H20: 1: The Mystery of the Maze

8 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"AH! My alchemist friend actually concocted a brew for that" He presented a formula to Sam and the mage.

"That's how we survived - saved ourselves - to fight MONAD.

Only for them to die...

Yelana reached her hand in front of Sam. 
"Let me take a look at that. . . Excuse me." 

You have very strange ideas for someone from the northern wastes...

"Yeah, and? What's your point?" 

Strange, different. Not themselves, little things. The kind you only know from knowing someone their whole life.

"OK, that doesn't sound like 'living without living' - That sounds like having minor, and totally reasonable, personality changes after a literal brush with death. I'm going to need something more useful." 
Yelana crossed her arms and sighed, impatiently waiting for an answer. 

5 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Hhhhaaammm, do your people not give proper names to things, like everyone seems to do. 

"If it's all the same, I'm not exactly in the mood to answer any more personal questions." 
Yelana turned briefly back to Angor. 
"It's not you." 
6 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Either way looks like a couple of drag-leaks each way. To bad none of us could jump or fly like a dragon it definitely would be quicker... 

"I don't know what the hell that is, and I don't think I want to. Anyway, I ran a quick scan of the area - It looks like we've got three ways out of here, to the north, the east, and the west, relative to our current position. All three are less than two klicks away, but I can't get anything else - There's some kind of interferenceSam, Mags: It's your call - My head's spinning from just being in this damn place." 
Yelana looked around, then tapped her visor. 
"<Tag this location - Use landmarks if you can't get a proper fix> <SCANNING. . . COORDINATES SAVED>" 

OOC: 
Just to clarify (in case it is not obvious), Yelana is angry, not me. ?

"The brew, did your alchemist say what was in it?" Magnhilder had heard the whisper, many lifetimes in the icy expanses taught any being to listen well for even the smallest sound. "They died to protect their tribe, a better fate would have been living out their lives but with this plague, even I face my undoing." The etherian knew it was no real comfort, but there was little else to offer.

"What say you Sam? Not one of these paths look fortuitous."

On 10/25/2020 at 9:00 PM, Lind Whisperer said:

"AH! My alchemist friend actually concocted a brew for that" He presented a formula to Sam and the mage.

"That's how we survived - saved ourselves - to fight MONAD.

Only for them to die..."

"Let's have a look at that." said Sam, taking the note.

On 10/25/2020 at 9:00 PM, Lind Whisperer said:

Strange, different. Not themselves, little things. The kind you only know from knowing someone their whole life."

Sam would've scowled at this if he could. While he didn't know for sure the man was starting to sound a little delirious, like he wasn't entirely there

16 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"OK, that doesn't sound like 'living without living' - That sounds like having minor, and totally reasonable, personality changes after a literal brush with death. I'm going to need something more useful." 
Yelana crossed her arms and sighed, impatiently waiting for an answer. 

"Miss, I don't think you're going to get much more out of him now. He's obviously a little out of it at the moment, trauma and exhaustion, all that stuff. I think further questions can be saved till he's feeling a little better."

"I don't know what the hell that is, and I don't think I want to. Anyway, I ran a quick scan of the area - It looks like we've got three ways out of here, to the north, the east, and the west, relative to our current position. All three are less than two klicks away, but I can't get anything else - There's some kind of interferenceSam, Mags: It's your call - My head's spinning from just being in this damn place." 

Sam tilted his head quizzically. "Yes," he said, "I already knew that, because I looked, with my eyes." He stopped to consider that statement a moment. "Well, eyeholes. Are you sure you're not just a little over-reliant on that visor thingy of yours?"

4 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"Well, you know that they always say. The best way through a maze is to follow the right-hand path. Sooo... east?"

OoC: I am sorry. I am in a very bad place right now.

On 10/26/2020 at 2:53 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Yeah, and? What's your point?" 

"There was more to it than that...but I feel someone with your temperament might not understand such interpersonal connections."

On 10/26/2020 at 2:45 PM, Peppermint_M said:

"The brew, did your alchemist say what was in it?" Magnhilder had heard the whisper, many lifetimes in the icy expanses taught any being to listen well for even the smallest sound. "They died to protect their tribe, a better fate would have been living out their lives but with this plague, even I face my undoing." The etherian knew it was no real comfort, but there was little else to offer.

On 10/26/2020 at 7:18 PM, Lord Duvors said:

"Let's have a look at that." said Sam, taking the note.

Sam would've scowled at this if he could. While he didn't know for sure the man was starting to sound a little delirious, like he wasn't entirely there

"First, the powder of a scorpion tail from an ice dragon..." A long dull flap thundered across the skies. The man winced. "Fortunately, they are native around here.

The others are from beyond these ranges "

On 10/26/2020 at 7:34 PM, Lord Duvors said:

"Miss, I don't think you're going to get much more out of him now. He's obviously a little out of it at the moment, trauma and exhaustion, all that stuff. I think further questions can be saved till he's feeling a little better."

Sam tilted his head quizzically. "Yes," he said, "I already knew that, because I looked, with my eyes." He stopped to consider that statement a moment. "Well, eyeholes. Are you sure you're not just a little over-reliant on that visor thingy of yours?"

"Well, you know that they always say. The best way through a maze is to follow the right-hand path. Sooo... east?"

The party begins traveling two dragleaks east. The man calls after them "Watch out for my friends the Wilderness Guard...!"

You reach another t-section. Left, right? (You see movement one dragleak right)

14 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

OoC: I am sorry. I am in a very bad place right now.

OOC: Don't worry, we're not going anywhere.

15 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"First, the powder of a scorpion tail from an ice dragon..." A long dull flap thundered across the skies. The man winced. "Fortunately, they are native around here.

The others are from beyond these ranges "

"Well, we were heading across these mountains anyway. And dragons sound intimidating, but I'm sure this is nothing we can't manage." Sam said with a confidence he didn't feel. He'd never fought a dragon before, but the stories he'd heard were not heartening.

15 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

The party begins traveling two dragleaks east. The man calls after them "Watch out for my friends the Wilderness Guard...!"

"Will do. If you're not coming with us I'd suggest heading to my village. It's just south of here, and certainly better than being by yourself in this frozen waste."

At the intersection Sam stops to take stock of their choices.looking back at the party following him he said: "Well, I still think we should go right, movement or no movement. But considering we know almost nothing about this place I feel we should come to a consensus before going on."

On 10/26/2020 at 5:53 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:
I don't know what the hell that is, and I don't think I want to. Anyway, I ran a quick scan of the area - It looks like we've got three ways out of here, to the north, the east, and the west, relative to our current position. All three are less than two klicks away, but I can't get anything else - There's some kind of interferenceSam, Mags: It's your call - My head's spinning from just being in this damn place." 
Yelana looked around, then tapped her visor.

Didn't I just tell you what it is?... Do we want to know what a "klicks" is? 

20 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

First, the powder of a scorpion tail from an ice dragon..." A long dull flap thundered across the skies. The man winced. "Fortunately, they are native around here

So, what is it a scorpion or a dragon? Probably thinking they are talking about a food recipe. 

5 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

At the intersection Sam stops to take stock of their choices.looking back at the party following him he said: "Well, I still think we should go right, movement or no movement. But considering we know almost nothing about this place I feel we should come to a consensus before going on."

If their is movement down that way we should find out what it is. Trying to see what it could be. 

"What logic a maze has, right is the way to go. Can anyone investigate the sound? Movement could be the guards, or some foe we could avoid."

On 10/26/2020 at 10:34 PM, Lord Duvors said:

“He said he was fine. I think he just doesn’t take me seriously - That or he’s hiding something. . . Maybe both.” 

On 10/26/2020 at 10:34 PM, Lord Duvors said:

“Yeah, I’m sure. I wanted an exact location on those passages, which you can’t get just by looking - Besides, I’ve found that looks are often deceiving. You seriously don’t have holograms or cloaking devices down here? Weird.” 

18 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

“. . . No? And a klick’s a unit of distance, where I’m from, at least.” 

On 10/29/2020 at 2:54 AM, Lind Whisperer said:

"There was more to it than that...but I feel someone with your temperament might not understand such interpersonal connections."

Yelana scoffed. 
“You clearly know nothing about me, and. . . You know what - You’re obviously not going to give me the intel I need, so there’s no point in trying to defend myself to you. 
Taking a chopstick out of her hair, Yelana walked back to the party. 

23 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Will do. If you're not coming with us I'd suggest heading to my village. It's just south of here, and certainly better than being by yourself in this frozen waste."

Yelana lowers her voice to a whisper. 
“Sam, are you sure that’s a good idea? I don’t trust him, and even if he weren’t so suspicious, MONAD is probably following him. Your people are unprotected right now - The last thing they need is someone like him around.” 

On 10/29/2020 at 2:54 AM, Lind Whisperer said:

“<Tag location - Three klicks east of first saved coordinates> <COORDINATES SAVED>” 
Yelana twirls the chopstick between her fingers, as she looks towards the south. 
“<Enhance visual and run biosign scan - Identify> <SCANNING. . .>” 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

“He said he was fine. I think he just doesn’t take me seriously - That or he’s hiding something. . . Maybe both.” 

"Just because someone's body is in good condition doesn't mean their mind is. The man probably just had to kill a number of mindless bodies that just used to be his friends."

“Yeah, I’m sure. I wanted an exact location on those passages, which you can’t get just by looking - Besides, I’ve found that looks are often deceiving. You seriously don’t have holograms or cloaking devices down here? Weird.”

"Holograms? This far from a large city? In the middle of the wilderness? Where exactly do you come from? You say your home is mostly ice, but that doesn't match up with the plasma rifle and that visor."

Yelana lowers her voice to a whisper. 

“Sam, are you sure that’s a good idea? I don’t trust him, and even if he weren’t so suspicious, MONAD is probably following him. Your people are unprotected right now - The last thing they need is someone like him around.” 

Sam scoffed. "Unprotected?" he said, "surely you don't think I'm the only fighter in my tribe? They're about as protected now as they were with me there, that is to say that if MONAD attacks they're screwed. I don't think anyone there could match the firepower he put out back in that little spat, and the same goes for that prophet. I don't think that MONAD would follow him though, he seemed utterly unconcerned with either him or us and was probably only fighting Magellan because he attacked him first. There still is the danger of him attacking my village, but that would've been there anyway. As for Magellan I don't think he's some sinister schemer planning to eat my children or anything like that. To be honest he seemed utterly harrowed and in no fit shape to take care of himself. And anyway," his voice became a little more tense at this juncture, "even if I didn't trust him I'd still extend the offer. You never deny help to someone in need, because someday that person may be you."

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

No? And a klick’s a unit of distance, where I’m from, at least.” 

Fine just so you don't think it is something gross. Drag-leaks: defined by some dictionary is; how far a dragon can jump... Now I feel like I should punch myself in the face for saying that stupid sentence. 

2 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Holograms? This far from a large city? In the middle of the wilderness? Where exactly do you come from? You say your home is mostly ice, but that doesn't match up with the plasma rifle and that visor."

She probably won't say or it some how doesn't have a name... Wait a second you don't come from this "Kingdom of Nexo" that I heard about, Yelana? 

As for Magellan I don't think he's some sinister schemer planning to eat my children or anything like that.

You have children? 

8 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Can anyone investigate the sound? Movement could be the guards, or some foe we could avoid."

I rather take out the guards now. I don't want them sneaking up us, especially if we are dealing with something worst. 

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

You have children? 

"Uhhhh- Maybe? I don't remember anything about who I was when I was alive soooo... But considering how long ago that was they'd be dead by now."
He paused contemplatively.
"I suppose in a sense I consider all my tribe 'my' children. I was there when each one was born, I watched them grow up, I played with them, helped them, healed them, fought, killed, and hunted for them. Choosing whether to leave on this quest was certainly hard enough. Yes, I'd say I have children." he sounded a bit reluctant to say this, as if he wasn't entirely comfortable with this realization.

On 10/29/2020 at 8:25 PM, samurai-turtle said:

So, what is it a scorpion or a dragon? Probably thinking they are talking about a food recipe. 

If their is movement down that way we should find out what it is. Trying to see what it could be.

It appears to be wild animals.

On 10/30/2020 at 7:55 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Fine just so you don't think it is something gross. Drag-leaks: defined by some dictionary is; how far a dragon can jump... Now I feel like I should punch myself in the face for saying that stupid sentence.

OoC: That was funny; no face-punch!

Again, sorry. I'm at wit's end and it doesn't end.

40 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"Ah, dinner! Erm, for you all that is." said Sam, trying to identify what animals they were.

On 10/30/2020 at 10:55 PM, samurai-turtle said:

"OK, that's. . . not what I thought. Like, at all. Also, that's very imprecise - How the hell is that a standardised unit of measure??" 

On 10/30/2020 at 8:41 PM, Lord Duvors said:

"Just because someone's body is in good condition doesn't mean their mind is. The man probably just had to kill a number of mindless bodies that just used to be his friends."

"I mean, yeah, but he didn't act like that was the case, though - In fact, he seemed like he was in a good mood. I don't know, maybe he's in shock, but something's not adding up about him." 

"Holograms? This far from a large city? In the middle of the wilderness? Where exactly do you come from? You say your home is mostly ice, but that doesn't match up with the plasma rifle and that visor."

She probably won't say or it some how doesn't have a name... Wait a second you don't come from this "Kingdom of Nexo" that I heard about, Yelana? 

"Well, we've got advanced tech, but we're pretty insular - Wait. . . Is that what you're calling it? I guess it makes sense, 'Northern Expeditionary Outpost' and all, but it's not really a kingdomInteresting. . ." 

Sam scoffed. "Unprotected?" he said, "surely you don't think I'm the only fighter in my tribe? They're about as protected now as they were with me there, that is to say that if MONAD attacks they're screwed. I don't think anyone there could match the firepower he put out back in that little spat, and the same goes for that prophet."

"No, but I assumed you were the best - And you're kinda making my point for me." 

"I don't think that MONAD would follow him though, he seemed utterly unconcerned with either him or us and was probably only fighting Magellan because he attacked him first. There still is the danger of him attacking my village, but that would've been there anyway." 

Yelana twists the chopstick between her fingers, tensely. 
"See, that's the thing - Magellan never said how he and MONAD started fighting, or why he managed to be the only survivor of the battle. He kept dodging my questions about the people who 'live without living', like he didn't want me finding out moreMaybe he just feels guilty over his role in allowing MONAD to 'heal' those people, but he definitely didn't act remorseful." 

"As for Magellan I don't think he's some sinister schemer planning to eat my children or anything like that. To be honest he seemed utterly harrowed and in no fit shape to take care of himself." 

"I didn't think that - I. . . I think he and MONAD may be working together. Think about it: When MONAD hit Magellan with that blast, he acted sure that it would kill him, but when I actually scanned Magellan, he barely had a scratch. Either MONAD is way weaker than we all think - which I doubt, though I couldn't get a full readout on his abilities - or he threw that fight. Either way, something's up. Like, I hope you're right, and I'm just being paranoid, but what I've seen so far isn't adding up." 

"And anyway," his voice became a little more tense at this juncture, "even if I didn't trust him I'd still extend the offer. You never deny help to someone in need, because someday that person may be you."

"No, no - I totally get that, but I also know there are people who'll use that attitude to their advantage. At best. We need to be careful who we trust." 

I rather take out the guards now. I don't want them sneaking up us, especially if we are dealing with something worst. 

"Not a good idea, Angor - I'm trying to get a read on that movement, but whatever it is, there's no point in making any more enemies. Also, if it does turn out to be something we need to fight, I want to know what we're up against." 

On 11/2/2020 at 6:22 PM, Lind Whisperer said:

On 11/2/2020 at 7:06 PM, Lord Duvors said:

"Ah, dinner! Erm, for you all that is." said Sam. 

"More like intelmight be able to communicate with them - If they haven't gone crazy, that is. Maybe being farther away from MONAD reduces his effect on them? It's worth a shot, anyway." 
Yelana slides the chopstick back into her hair, adjusting her bun slightly as she does. 
"<Enhance visual - Identify> <SCANNING. . .>" 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

12 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"No, but I assumed you were the best - And you're kinda making my point for me." 

"Ah, no. I'm more-or-less the worst fighter in the tribe. I am a very good pickpocket though. Why I don't know, but I am. But let me be clear, That prophet isn't the only one I've ever met, and let me tell you they're strong. The fact that MONAD was able to fight him on even ground and seemed to be winning is the most concerning thing about the whole encounter. Magellan might be the only potential defense against him my tribe could have."

12 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana twists the chopstick between her fingers, tensely. 

"See, that's the thing - Magellan never said how he and MONAD started fighting, or why he managed to be the only survivor of the battle. He kept dodging my questions about the people who 'live without living', like he didn't want me finding out moreMaybe he just feels guilty over his role in allowing MONAD to 'heal' those people, but he definitely didn't act remorseful." 

"He wasn't dodging your questions, you stopped asking him any because you got mad about the Moppets when he mentioned them. From what he said it sounded more like he was having difficulty describing what he'd seen than intentional evasiveness. What I could gather was that people 'healed' by MONAD superficially acted as they had in life but... not. I'll admit he wasn't very clear. We also kind of left without asking for the specifics of how they came to be fighting, so all we got was the he was trying to stop MONAD out of revenge or some such. But he did start muttering about how everyone was dead at the end in a way that certainly sounded very remorseful."

13 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"I didn't think that - I. . . I think he and MONAD may be working together. Think about it: When MONAD hit Magellan with that blast, he acted sure that it would kill him, but when I actually scanned Magellan, he barely had a scratch. Either MONAD is way weaker than we all think - which I doubt, though I couldn't get a full readout on his abilities - or he threw that fight. Either way, something's up. Like, I hope you're right, and I'm just being paranoid, but what I've seen so far isn't adding up." 

"Errr, you did see all the potions he was drinking, right? You might not be familiar with it but that stuff is strong and he was drinking it like a fish drinks water. And he was in fact injured, I saw that much. And why would two people that powerful fake a fight for the benefit of a bunch of rubes that they couldn't've even known were there? A simpler plan would simply to be to waltz into my town offering to solve all its problems for them, like what Magellan described, and then do whatever bad things they wanted. And what would be the point of sending us on an errand after random ingredients? If they needed them for something they could just get them themselves couldn't they?"

13 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"No, no - I totally get that, but I also know there are people who'll use that attitude to their advantage. At best. We need to be careful who we trust." 

"Maybe, but I think that assuming those two are playing some sort of overly complex trick on us for no apparent reason is a little overcautious. Just a little."

On 10/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, Lind Whisperer said:

The man is consistently using a variety of powerful potions. Medically, he is healthier than any of you are, just in danger of being out-gunned.

50400008558_1fb4f4fba3_q.jpg

??? *Lucky**Immunity to Ice*
Human Male Prophet
Level 40
Power: 35
Health: 62/70
Ether: 21/55
Gold: 8234
Equipment: Sonic Wand (Wand) (WP 44, deals all elements) Cloak of Escape (Escape even without Smoke Bomb) Frost Leprechaun Cloak(SP: 10+Lucky+Immunity to Ice) Pith Helmet(Find LVL x roll gold on Hit and better)
Advanced Begone with the Winds(Can use Weather Mage)
Inventory: Grand Potion (12x), Diluted Arc Tonic (1x), Purging Water (2x), Bravado Brew (2x), Fog Bomb (7x), Wyvern’s Breath (x3), Baffle Bomb (1x)

OOC: As you can see here, he is in fact at less than full health. The statement that he was healthier than any of us was a relative term rather than an objective one.

OK, that's. . . not what I thought. Like, at all. Also, that's very imprecise - How the hell is that a standardised unit of measure??

I don't know, I guess it is better than saying "it is very, very far over that way" it probably someone idea of an average amount of length that can be imagined, not like I came up with whole thing, it was taught to me. 

Well , we've got advanced tech, but we're pretty insular - Wait. . . Is that what you're calling it? I guess it makes sense, 'Northern Expeditionary Outpost' and all, but it's not really a kingdomInteresting.

Come to think of more, I think this Kingdom of Nexo is on the southern pole not the northern one. Besides you are not wearing the right colors I believe they use blue and white with some sort of orange highlights. What are you wearing some sort of black and yellow, why does that seems familiar... 

Not a good idea, Angor - I'm trying to get a read on that movement, but whatever it is, there's no point in making any more enemies. Also, if it does turn out to be something we need to fight, I want to know what we're up against.

They won't be enemies for long if I get a hold of them. 

Maybe, but I think that assuming those two are playing some sort of overly complex trick on us for no apparent reason is a little overcautious. Just a little."

Is she going to question every thing we are going to do? 

19 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Not a good idea, Angor - I'm trying to get a read on that movement, but whatever it is, there's no point in making any more enemies. Also, if it does turn out to be something we need to fight, I want to know what we're up against."

On 11/2/2020 at 4:06 PM, Lord Duvors said:

"Ah, dinner! Erm, for you all that is." said Sam, trying to identify what animals they were.

To the one way:

big_rat.jpg_thumb.jpg

giant_ant.jpg_thumb.jpg

Past the other passage slithers...:

bas.png_thumb.jpg

PREPARE FOR BATTLE  

The Party:

golden_orc_square.jpg

Angor "The Arboretum" (@samurai-turtle)
"20 Years" Old Male Orc Barbarian
Theme
Level 1
Power:
Health: 8/8
Gold: 10
Equipment: Crystalline Hammer (WP:3),
Inventory: Potion, Mead
49267649646_d026d4f5c6_t.jpg
Yelana Fennix (@Classic_Spaceman)
Human Female Ranger 
Theme
Level 1 

Power: 4
Health: 6/6 
Equipment: Plasma Sniper-Rifle (Hand Cannon) (WP 3) 
Inventory: Potion (1x)

Mag.png
Magnhildr (@Peppermint_M)
Theme
Etherian Barbarian of unknown gender and age
Level 1

Health: 8/8
Equipment: Sapphire Naginata (Polearm/Halberd) (WP:3),
Inventory: Potion, Mead

50399432242_814f2003bd_o.jpg
Old Bones ('Sam') (@Lord Duvors)
Theme
??? years old male Undead Cyborg Rouge
Level 1
Power:(1+3)
Health: 7/7
Gold: 60
Equipped: Black Sword (WP: 3, longsword).
Inventory: Potion, Venom.

50408737288_171777c215_o.jpg
Okooid (@darkdragon)
Bioborg Mage of unknown gender and age
Level 1
Health: 6/6
Ether: 6/6
Gold: 60
Equipment: Staff

Inventory:  Topaz, Potion

The Enemies

big_rat.jpg_thumb.jpg

Big Rat

Type: Vermin

Level: 2

Health: 10/10

Special: ???

Drops: 1 Venom

giant_ant.jpg_thumb.jpg

Battle Ant

Type: Vermin

Level: 4

Health: 17/17

Special: Bombard – Causes 4 damage to all opponents regardless of the row they stand in.

Drops: 1 Fire Bomb

As soon as it was clear that the creatures were hostile Sam's sword was out of it's sheath and held above his shoulders in a double-handed grip.
"Right," he said, "let's get to work."

Battle Order and suggested Actions
Angor - attack Battle Ant, front row
Magnhildr - attack Battle Ant, front row
Old Bones - attack Big Rat, front row
Yelana - attack Big Rat, back row
Okooid - Lightning Spell at enemy with most health, back row

What the heralken is this, a tree rat and some bug, I thought this was going to be some challenge... 

Grabbing his hammer with both hands and swing away at the "battle ant" (from the front). 

Magnhildr readied their blade to strike. "My naginata takes down Ox-spiders, it will make short work of this bug." 

Front row, attack battle ant.

On 11/4/2020 at 11:17 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Come to think of more, I think this Kingdom of Nexo is on the southern pole not the northern one. Besides you are not wearing the right colors I believe they use blue and white with some sort of orange highlights. What are you wearing some sort of black and yellow, why does that seems familiar... 

Oh, really? I thought the southern pole was called the ‘Krysto Region’ - By the way, have you tried their Iced Whisky? It’s good - Pretty strong, though, so I wouldn’t advise more than a bottle. . . or maybe two, in your case. Trust me. Krysto Ale’s good too, but it’s probably a bit light for your tastes. And bubbly.” 

On 11/4/2020 at 8:26 PM, Lord Duvors said:

"Ah, no. I'm more-or-less the worst fighter in the tribe."

Huh. . . Well, you don’t look like it.” 

"I am a very good pickpocket though. Why I don't know, but I am. But let me be clear, That prophet isn't the only one I've ever met, and let me tell you they're strong. The fact that MONAD was able to fight him on even ground and seemed to be winning is the most concerning thing about the whole encounter."

Yelana reached for her belt, then paused. 
“Oh, so that’s where all my gold went. . . Kidding - I’m just kidding! I’ll have to trust you on prophets - I’ve never actually met one.” 

"Magellan might be the only potential defense against him my tribe could have."

“Well, I’m glad you trust him, but I still have my doubts.” 

"He wasn't dodging your questions, you stopped asking him any because you got mad about the Moppets when he mentioned them."

“He was being dodgy from the time I asked about them, saying that only someone who’d known a person for their entire lives would be able to notice the difference in their behaviour - And that hardly sounds like ‘living without living’, to begin with. And I didn’t stop asking questions because I was mad - I mean, I was, but I stopped after he said that there were other changes, but someone with my ‘temperament’ wouldn’t be able to understand. Whatever that means. I figured I wasn’t getting anything else out of him, and we needed to get moving anyway.” 

"From what he said it sounded more like he was having difficulty describing what he'd seen than intentional evasiveness. What I could gather was that people 'healed' by MONAD superficially acted as they had in life but... not. I'll admit he wasn't very clear."

“See, that’s what’s so sus about it all, for me - Like, why would he characterise people as ‘living without living’, only to not be able to describe what the hells that actually means. I’m still sticking with my zombie theory, for what it’s worth - It makes the most sense, given what we know right now.” 

"Errr, you did see all the potions he was drinking, right? You might not be familiar with it but that stuff is strong and he was drinking it like a fish drinks water. And he was in fact injured, I saw that much. And why would two people that powerful fake a fight for the benefit of a bunch of rubes that they couldn't've even known were there?"

“I saw all that, but I still think he should’ve been dying after a hit like that. And I never said I knew what Magellan’s game was - Just that I don’t trust him.” 

"A simpler plan would simply to be to waltz into my town offering to solve all its problems for them, like what Magellan described, and then do whatever bad things they wanted."

“That’s exactly what I’m worried about - And it may even be what happened in Magellan’s village. Remember, we’ve only got his word as to what went down - He could’ve been lying.” 

"Maybe, but I think that assuming those two are playing some sort of overly complex trick on us for no apparent reason is a little overcautious. Just a little."

“Like I said, I hope you’re right, but also like I said, something’s not adding up.” 

On 11/4/2020 at 11:17 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Is she going to question every thing we are going to do? 

“Um. . . You do realise ‘she’ is standing right here, right? And to answer your question - No, not necessarily.” 

On 11/5/2020 at 2:11 AM, Lind Whisperer said:

Past the other passage slithers...:

bas.png_thumb.jpg

Interesting. . .” 

On 11/6/2020 at 4:19 PM, Lord Duvors said:

"Nope." Sam said upon seeing the giant snake creature, "we're not going that way. To the vermin!"

“Really? I was just about to suggest that we do go that way - I’m not sure if you could see it, but. . . <Enhance last scanned image and project> <ENHANCING>” 
bas.png
This. The snake has what appears to be a female Humanoid on its back - She might be able to tell us how to get through this maze. Are you just scared of snakes, or do you know something I don’t?” 

On 11/6/2020 at 4:53 PM, Peppermint_M said:

"A rat." Magnhildr laughed. "This place makes a fool of us, to strike fear in my core over a rat!" 

Yelana smirked. 
“Don’t worry - I won’t rat on you about it. . . That is a thing people say here, right?” 

On 11/8/2020 at 3:02 AM, Lind Whisperer said:

PREPARE FOR BATTLE  

Yelana sighed.
“You 
know, I don’t think they liked being called ‘vermin’. So much for communicating with them. . . <Tag location - One and a half klicks south of second saved coordinates> <COORDINATES SAVED>” 

On 11/8/2020 at 2:30 PM, Lord Duvors said:

As soon as it was clear that the creatures were hostile Sam's sword was out of it's sheath and held above his shoulders in a double-handed grip.
"Right," he said, "let's get to work."
Yelana - attack Big Rat, back row

I’m on it.”
Yelana took a step back, flipping her rifle over her shoulder as she did, then aimed it at the rat
“<Target locked>” 

OOC: 

OOC: As you can see here, he is in fact at less than full health. The statement that he was healthier than any of us was a relative term rather than an objective one.

I saw that, but 8/70 damage is fairly low (particularly after having been hit by a powerful attack), so Yelana’s point about Magellan being relatively uninjured still stands. 

BTW, I apologise for not being as active as usual - Depression is not fun! ?

Edited by Classic_Spaceman