Lind Whisperer

H20: 1: The Mystery of the Maze

"Well, I guess this is happening now. Probably not the best idea."  Readies staff.

Looks around at all the dead bodies and glares at the girl who taunted the necromancer for no apparent reason. 

On 10/12/2020 at 9:33 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:
Slipping a chopstick out of her hair, Yelana confronted the necromancer. 
“Stand aside, deathpriest! Behold, for I am the dark sorceress Blackstar, and mine power far exceeds yours! I possess the ability to conjure flame hotter than any you've experienced, yet should I will it, you would only be rendered unconscious by its touch! My sight makes far-off objects near with but a single command, and my gaze would penetrate the hearts and minds of men! Know that I create illusory images from mere light, that my speech echos far beyond this world, and that my garments heal from any wound inflicted! Yet here I stand, wielding but a simple wand - Think upon this, mage, and decide if it is prudent that you challenge me!” 

Old Bones cursed as the young woman began to declaim at the necromancer. This was not going to distract them, and in fact would only-

On 10/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, Lind Whisperer said:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/uouMNVmlpmOTTTpG08rKhRQXKj_WKvfo2QgbHoHyYoDlZi0aFhuNqlsZbJWRxlHIMQJRkUSmTrEBNQD3W5WSKxdzWy3RGLHrc6ALuhw0zfZgu1q-EHBI0nrc3OtNKKRVLo8COkDV

"You babble as a child.

But, to be sure..."

PREPARE FOR BATTLE 

-yep, there it was.

22 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"Sam, your direction? This sorcerer is powerful." Magnhilder was ready to strike.

Sam nodded to Magnhilder, acknowledging their question. Mags knew he'd be grimacing at this moment had he any facial muscles.
"We help." he finally said. "I don't think we can fight this bastard now, but they'll need our help to escape."

Battle Order (and suggested actions)
???attack MONAD. Sonic Wand, Back Row.
Yelanado nothing. Back Row.
All othersjoin Battle.

Yelana swiftly comes to the realization that there are some people you shouldn't taunt.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/uouMNVmlpmOTTTpG08rKhRQXKj_WKvfo2QgbHoHyYoDlZi0aFhuNqlsZbJWRxlHIMQJRkUSmTrEBNQD3W5WSKxdzWy3RGLHrc6ALuhw0zfZgu1q-EHBI0nrc3OtNKKRVLo8COkDV

"You babble as a child.

But, to be sure..."

"Shit. <Run tactical analysis and cross-reference all artefacts with our database - Just keep it on the screen!> <TACTICAL ANALYSIS INCOMPLETE - INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE TO FORMULATE A STRATEGY. BLACKSTAR DATABASE ACCESSED.>" 
Muttering to herself, Yelana scrolls through her visor's readout.
"
OK - No, no, no, maybe, no, oooooh." 
Yelana cocks her head a bit, 
gesturing for the rest of the party to join her

"There is only room for one sorcerer here."
'MONAD'

"See, where I'm from, we recognise the only way to succeed is to work together towards common goals. That attitude right there - That's why you'll fail. You think you're the only person that matters, that only you can accomplish what you think's right, that you can tower over everyone else, or some shit like that. But you played yourself, MONAD, because I've got something you'll never have - Backup."
Yelana turns to man in the green cloak.
"I need - Um, I just realised I don't know your name. . . Never mind, we can chat laterAnywayI can get us all out of here - I just need you to hold MONAD off long enough for my companions to back us up. Just hit him with your wand. . . uh. . . you know what I mean, and I'll hold tight and wait for the othersGot it?" 

OOC: 
Battle Order:
 - "???": Attack (Sonic Wand, Back Row)
 -  Yelana: Nothing (Back Row) 

PREPARE FOR BATTLE 

The Party

50400008558_1fb4f4fba3_q.jpg

??? *Lucky**Immunity to Ice*
Human Male Prophet
Level 40
Power: 35
Health: 62/70
Ether: 21/55
Gold: 8234
Equipment: Sonic Wand (Wand) (WP 44, deals all elements) Cloak of Escape (Escape even without Smoke Bomb) Frost Leprechaun Cloak(SP: 10+Lucky+Immunity to Ice) Pith Helmet(Find LVL x roll gold on Hit and better)
Advanced Begone with the Winds(Can use Weather Mage)
Inventory: Grand Potion (12x), Diluted Arc Tonic (1x), Purging Water (2x), Bravado Brew (2x), Fog Bomb (7x), Wyvern’s Breath (x3), Baffle Bomb (1x)

49267649646_d026d4f5c6_t.jpg
Yelana Fennix (@Classic_Spaceman)
Human Female Ranger 
Theme
Level 1 

Power: 4
Health: 6/6 
Gold: 10 
Equipment: Plasma Sniper-Rifle (Hand Cannon) (WP 3) 
Inventory: Potion (1x), Smoke Bomb (1x)

The Enemies

'MONAD'
Level: ???
HP: ???/???
Defense: ???
Special: ???
Passive Special: Dominative Personality- The target finds themselves unable to use escape techniques and have to roll against (6 - party members)/6. (4/6)

Magnhildr shook their head. "There is one  battle leader, young one." Taking a battle stance with their naginata. Attack MONAD, front row, Naginata. 

1 minute ago, Peppermint_M said:

Magnhildr shook their head. "There is one  battle leader, young one." 

OOC: 
@Lord Duvors posted while I was still writing, so I only saw his Battle Order/actions after I had posted mine. ?

BTW, what are Mags' preferred pronouns? While you generally use they/them, I have also seen she/her used. 

19 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Attack MONAD, front row, Naginata. 

(OOC: Unfortunately, Yelana and the NPC are the only ones engaged in combat at the moment. We'll have to wait until we join the battle to properly attack the enemy.)

14 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

OOC: 
@Lord Duvors posted while I was still writing, so I only saw his Battle Order/actions after I had posted mine.

(To be honest, I'm not certain I can post battle orders for a battle I haven't joined yet. It probably doesn't matter to be honest.)

Round 1

??? vs MONAD: SPECIAL GUARD/HIT (44+40=80dmg)

Yelan does Nothing

Everyone else joins the battle!

The Party

??? *Lucky**Immunity to Ice*
Human Male Prophet
Level 40
Power: 35
Health: 62/70
Ether: 21/55
Gold: 8234
Equipment: Sonic Wand (Wand) (WP 44, deals all elements) Cloak of Escape (Escape even without Smoke Bomb) Frost Leprechaun Cloak(SP: 10+Lucky+Immunity to Ice) Pith Helmet(Find LVL x roll gold on Hit and better)
Advanced Begone with the Winds(Can use Weather Mage)
Inventory: Grand Potion (12x), Diluted Arc Tonic (1x), Purging Water (2x), Bravado Brew (2x), Fog Bomb (7x), Wyvern’s Breath (x3), Baffle Bomb (1x)

49267649646_d026d4f5c6_t.jpg
Yelana Fennix (@Classic_Spaceman)
Human Female Ranger 
Theme
Level 1 

Equipment: Plasma Sniper-Rifle (Hand Cannon) (WP 3) 
Inventory: Potion (1x), Smoke Bomb (1x)

golden_orc_square.jpg

Angor "The Arboretum" (@samurai-turtle)
"20 Years" Old Male Orc Barbarian
Theme
Level 1
Power:
Health: 8/8
Equipment: Crystalline Hammer (WP:3),
Inventory: Potion, Mead

Mag.png
Magnhildr (@Peppermint_M)
Theme
Etherian Barbarian of unknown gender and age
Level 1

Health: 8/8
Equipment: Sapphire Naginata (Polearm/Halberd) (WP:3),
Inventory: Potion, Mead

50399432242_814f2003bd_o.jpg
Old Bones ('Sam') (@Lord Duvors)
Theme
??? years old male Undead Cyborg Rouge
Level 1
Power:(1+3)
Health: 7/7
Gold: 60
Equipped: Black Sword (WP: 3, longsword).
Inventory: Potion, Venom.

50408737288_171777c215_o.jpg
Okooid (@darkdragon)
Bioborg Mage of unknown gender and age
Level 1
Ether: 6/6
Gold: 60
Equipment: Staff

Inventory:  Topaz, Potion

The Enemies

'MONAD'
Level: ???
HP: ???/???
Defense: ???
Special: ???
Passive Special: Dominative Personality- The target finds themselves unable to use escape techniques and have to roll against (6 - party members)/6. (6/6)

Edited by Lind Whisperer

@Lind Whisperer @Classic_Spaceman

Sam laid a hand on Yelana's shoulder. "Miss," he said, "I think you and your wizard friend best come with us. I don't think there'll be much left of you two if you don't."

Battle Order (and suggested actions)
Yelana
use Smoke Bomb
All others
- flee

On 10/15/2020 at 12:18 PM, Lind Whisperer said:

'MONAD'

"Yeah, yeah - You keep saying that." 

On 10/16/2020 at 12:30 AM, Lord Duvors said:

Sam laid a hand on Yelana's shoulder. "Miss," he said, "I think you and your wizard friend best come with us. I don't think there'll be much left of you two if you don't."

"Couldn't agree more." 

Yelana tosses her Smoke Bomb into the air with a smirk. 
"We'll stop you, MONAD - Just maybe not today." 
As the smoke engulfs the area, Yelana whispers to rest of the party. 
"Run. Now! Go!

OOC: 
On 10/16/2020 at 12:30 AM, Lord Duvors said:

Battle Order (and suggested actions)
Yelana
use Smoke Bomb
All others
- flee

Agreed. ?

Passive Special: Dominative Personality- The target finds themselves unable to use escape techniques and have to roll against (6 - party members)/6. (6/6)

This should be (0/6), not (6/6). 

18 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

You successfully escape (I assume into the maze?)!

(OOC: Well considering that's the only direction that advances the plot, I'd say yes. :tongue:)

As you hide inside a crevice deep within the entrance, the man coughs and offers a hand.

"Can't say I'm not disappointed at not killing MONAD, but I lived to fight another day.

Name's Amerigo Magellan, Prophet and cartographer! And to who do I owe my life?".

Edited by Lind Whisperer

On 10/18/2020 at 2:18 PM, Lind Whisperer said:

You successfully escape!

"OK, HOLY SHIT - That actually WORKED! I mean, I figured it would, but still! I. . . I need a sec - That was. . . WowOK. . ."

9 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

As you hide inside a crevice deep within the entrance, the man coughs and offers a hand.

"Uh, can you not? And what's with the cough, anyway - You said you were fine. . . Sorry - That was kinda rude. I guess Director Adhira's really rubbing off on me. Do you need a rebreather mask? I've got a few extras." 

"Can't say I'm not disappointed at not killing MONAD, but I lived to fight another day."

"Hey, any fight you walk away from counts as a win - And we'll deal with MONAD, eventually." 

"Name's Amerigo Magellan, Prophet and cartographer! And to who do I owe my life?" 

Yelana flicks her eyebrow nearly imperceptibly. 
"Interesting name - Yelana Fennix, I'm with the Bla. . . I'm from up north. You're lucky I got here when I did - I'd just met up with the rest of the group, when we came across your fight with MONAD. Anyway, you said you're a prophetTell me more about that." 

21 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"Can't say I'm not disappointed at not killing MONAD, but I lived to fight another day.

Name's Amerigo Magellan, Prophet and cartographer! And to who do I owe my life?".

Sam tilted his head slightly. "The name's 'Old Bones', but you can call me Sam. Everyone else does. Who was that back there?"

16 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Uh, can you not? And what's with the cough, anyway - You said you were fine. . . Sorry - That was kinda rude. I guess Director Adhira's really rubbing off on me. Do you need a rebreather mask? I've got a few extras." 

"Hey, any fight you walk away from counts as a win - And we'll deal with MONAD, eventually." 

Yelana flicks her eyebrow nearly imperceptibly. 
"Interesting name - Yelana Fennix, I'm with the Bla. . . I'm from up north. You're lucky I got here when I did - I'd just met up with the rest of the group, when we came across your fight with MONAD. Anyway, you said you're a prophetTell me more about that." 

"Thank you for the kind offer, of a, berevearor? But I am quite alright.

From up north? Strange, you don't look it...

Ah, a non-denomination servant of the people! I used to be quite a mercenary back in the day - but that's behind me!

4 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Sam tilted his head slightly. "The name's 'Old Bones', but you can call me Sam. Everyone else does. Who was that back there?"

"A dark creature." He lowered his voice. "He came to our town, offered to raise the dead. With conditions the way they were, no one would pass up an offer of free labor, as Moppets cost so much these days - but," he sighed, "Nothing's free.

He offered medicine, said he could save the dying...and they lived, but without living. Neither dead...nor undead."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

2 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"A dark creature." He lowered his voice. "He came to our town, offered to raise the dead. With conditions the way they were, no one would pass up an offer of free labor, as Moppets cost so much these days - but," he sighed, "Nothing's free.

He offered medicine, said he could save the dying...and they lived, but without living. Neither dead...nor undead."

"Hmm. Tell me, did any of the animals in your area start behaving oddly when he arrived?"

5 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Thank you for the kind offer, of a, berevearor? But I am quite alright.

"'Rebreather' - And you sure? I've got plenty." 

From up north? Strange, you don't look it...

"Huh. . . Angor said I looked familiar, so you've probably just not been around where I'm from - Not many people have." 

Ah, a non-denomination servant of the people! I used to be quite a mercenary back in the day - but that's behind me!

"Interesting. . . So what exactly do you do?" 

He came to our town, offered to raise the dead. With conditions the way they were, no one would pass up an offer of free labor, as Moppets cost so much these days - but, 

"Wait, sorry - What's a 'Moppet'? I've never heard of one before. And how are the undead 'free labour'?" 

He offered medicine, said he could save the dying...and they lived, but without living. Neither dead...nor undead. 

"'Living without living'. . . Not undead. . ." 
Yelana twirls a chopstick between her fingers, before slipping it back into her hair. 
"Sounds like zombies - Not the 'Grrr, brains!' kind, magically-enslaved people who live only to serve their master. If that's the case, this op just got a hell of lot more complicated." 

2 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Hmm. Tell me, did any of the animals in your area start behaving oddly when he arrived?"

"Yeah, good question - It seems like things had already gone to shit by the time he arrived, though, so MONAD could just be an opportunist." 

The Enemies

As the smoke bomb goes off. Later! 

22 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

OK, HOLY SHIT - That actually WORKED! I mean, I figured it would, but still! I. . . I need a sec - That was. . . WowOK.

Angor couldn't help but shake his head at this an experienced warrior. Really. He said to himself. 

56 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:
6 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"Huh. . . Angor said I looked familiar, so you've probably just not been around where I'm from - Not many people have.

No, I said you remind me of someone. Come to think of it, exactly where are you from again. Because you sure don't come from Oediv Emag mountain range like I do. 

On 10/19/2020 at 2:15 PM, Lind Whisperer said:

Looking the guy over. Still not sure about you... Turning to the rest of the party. I don't know about the rest of you but I am still in the mood to fight. Let's find something to fight... 

Magnhildr inclined their head to the prophet. "I am Magnhildr. You are a map maker? Do you know the labyrinth?"

On 10/20/2020 at 3:46 PM, Lord Duvors said:

The man paused in thought. "I was never outside much, but...yes, they did, now that you mention it! Now that I think about it.

Horses, cats..all became very skittish, though I never really connected them."

On 10/20/2020 at 6:33 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

"'Rebreather' - And you sure? I've got plenty." 

"Huh. . . Angor said I looked familiar, so you've probably just not been around where I'm from - Not many people have." 

"Interesting. . . So what exactly do you do?" 

"Wait, sorry - What's a 'Moppet'? I've never heard of one before. And how are the undead 'free labour'?"

"Quite. AH, minor healing - I was a town leader, so a lot of indoor negotiation.

You've never heard of Moppets? Why, everyone has-you must be from far north!  Grow 'em in vats, great labor! Like people, but you don't have to pay 'em! Too many gain sentience, though - and it's not right to enslave a thinking being!

Why, it's so hard here - that if Grandad who's dead can be raised to do some work, why wouldn't you? That's what they said. I never was for it - but I was only half the leadership. My alchemist friend and the town were for it, so I couldn't do much but offer up prayers of apology to every god I could think of."

On 10/21/2020 at 8:36 AM, Peppermint_M said:

Magnhildr inclined their head to the prophet. "I am Magnhildr. You are a map maker? Do you know the labyrinth?"

The man shook his head vigorously. "No one knows it! But they say there's a rhythm behind it all! As a cartographer I'd pay very well for a map of it! And even better to the person who can figure out the rules of the labyrinth - the mystery of the maze."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

14 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

The man shook his head vigorously. "No one knows it! But they say there's a rhythm behind it all! As a cartographer I'd pay very well for a map of it! And even better to the person who can figure out the rules of the labyrinth - the mystery of the maze."

"Well, we won't get anything done standing around chatting. Let's get started trying to figure out this place. If the rumors of the solution to the plague lie within are to be believed, we need to get to it before it's too late."

14 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

"Well, we won't get anything done standing around chatting. Let's get started trying to figure out this place. If the rumors of the solution to the plague lie within are to be believed, we need to get to it before it's too late."

"Right." said Sam, straightening up a little. "Let's get going then."
@Lind Whisperer Looking around him, Sam attemped to take stock of the location and see where they might go next.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:39 PM, samurai-turtle said:

No, I said you remind me of someone. Come to think of it, exactly where are you from again. Because you sure don't come from Oediv Emag mountain range like I do. 

“No, no - We’re up further, towards the pole. Lots of ice, and. . . that’s pretty much it.” 

On 10/22/2020 at 9:28 PM, Lind Whisperer said:

You've never heard of Moppets? Why, everyone has-you must be from far north!  Grow 'em in vats, great labor! Like people, but you don't have to pay 'em! Too many gain sentience, though - and it's not right to enslave a thinking being! 

“I’m - Wait, what the hells?! Yeah, we have a name for them - ‘people’! Just because someone was grown in a vat doesn’t mean they’re not a person - And I’d bet all of them could’ve gained sentience if you’d given them enough time for full neurocognitive development, instead of working them to death!” 
Yelana bit down on her lip hard enough that she tasted blood. 
“What are - You know whatwalk and talk, before I get any more pissed off.” 
Taking a deep breath, Yelana tried to focus her attention on the mission at hand. 
The people who ‘live without living’ - What are they like? Like, what are they doing? If I’m right, and MONAD’s got some kind of control over them, that could give us a clue as to what his plan is. 

On 10/23/2020 at 8:59 AM, Darkdragon said:

"AH! My alchemist friend actually concocted a brew for that" He presented a formula to Sam and the mage.

"That's how we survived - saved ourselves - to fight MONAD.

Only for them to die..."

On 10/23/2020 at 11:59 PM, Lord Duvors said:

"Right." said Sam, straightening up a little. "Let's get going then."
@Lind Whisperer Looking around him, Sam attemped to take stock of the location and see where they might go next.

You see three passages, stretched east, west, and north.

@samurai-turtle As the resident orc, could you coin the orc word for mile?

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

“I’m - Wait, what the hells?! Yeah, we have a name for them - ‘people’! Just because someone was grown in a vat doesn’t mean they’re not a person - And I’d bet all of them could’ve gained sentience if you’d given them enough time for full neurocognitive development, instead of working them to death!” 

Yelana bit down on her lip hard enough that she tasted blood. 
“What are - You know whatwalk and talk, before I get any more pissed off.” 
Taking a deep breath, Yelana tried to focus her attention on the mission at hand. 
The people who ‘live without living’ - What are they like? Like, what are they doing? If I’m right, and MONAD’s got some kind of control over them, that could give us a clue as to what his plan is.

"You have very strange ideas for someone from the northern wastes...

Strange, different. Not themselves, little things. The kind you only know from knowing someone their whole life."

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

No, no - We’re up further, towards the pole. Lots of ice, and. . . that’s pretty much it.

Hhhhaaammm, do your people not give proper names to things, like everyone seems to do. 

2 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

You see three passages, stretched east, west, and north.

@samurai-turtle As the resident orc, could you coin the orc word for mile?

Either way looks like a couple of drag-leaks each way. To bad none of us could jump or fly like a dragon it definitely would be quicker... 

OoC:

Lind Whisperer is that what you want? I figured make it a non exact measurement but give it something a person could imagine, maybe it is closer to half a mile. Plus putting a type of drawl on it gives it more of a homemade feel, I guess.