Edwin Korstanje

Superyacht explorer ship in scale 1:40

On 2/28/2021 at 7:19 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

Very impressive!  I love these sorts of MOCs!  I've always loved superyachts and their gigantic size.  Everything about this MOC is brilliant.  I need to check the Scale Modelling Forum more often!

Thanks for your great comment:thumbup:

6 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Amazing ship, I don't know how you do it!

Me even. Take a bunch of bricks and start building and the rest will come with 3 steps forward  and one back.:wink:

On 10/1/2020 at 4:01 PM, Edwin Korstanje said:

Yesterday was the delivery of the model onboard the real one and the transport box where to big to go intern true the ship, so it's was anxious to see her hanging in ropes 20 meter high on the yards crane to get her in the salon.                   50405627006_e6aaecf57e_b.jpg

I hope they can secure it during rough seas. 😁

On 3/8/2021 at 7:17 PM, Edwin Korstanje said:

Me even. Take a bunch of bricks and start building and the rest will come with 3 steps forward  and one back.:wink:

Very true, you cant get better if you never start.

On 3/16/2021 at 10:47 PM, kieran said:

What an achievement, looks fantastic, and displayed in this way is perfect 

Thanks @kieran, She got already a new toy on her deck and is the big 375 Intrepid tender. Only when the real ship returns this spring back to Europe i can sercure here on a fix place on the deck.

51007476497_a77cf34c96_b.jpg

On 2/15/2021 at 12:36 AM, Toastie said:

@Edwin Korstanje

It truly is a masterpiece. No doubt at all. All has been said.

There is one aspect, I like to carefully add - I may be wrong. "Showing" is one thing. "Loving" a beautiful LEGO model is another.

Integrating the very model with lighting and a display that one can see from every angle in that room is - a different level, well, it is for me. Still, one can argue it is "showing" ... not so for me, in contrast. The model, as far as I am concerned, does not show - it "is" in itself. It is a piece of art in the setting. Which, again for me, makes a very big difference. It goes beyond being a master of building who did accomplish that ... towards an artist of creation and imagination.

Well, again, to me.

I am enjoying the photographs with the ship in its "final" place the most. The whole thread was a miracle, but seeing the outcome:

Slight bow, tipping hat. And all beyond belief.

All the best,
Thorsten 

@Toastie Sorry for the late replay, but thanks for you kind words.:thumbup: