I made the thread, I can bump it :tongue:

Just got the Loony Tunes CMF Marvin the Martian.

His helmet is PERFECTION.

The sculpting, the printing, the shape, the base colour. It is just *chef's kiss* I love it.

Lots of good nominations in this thread. In response to the 2x4, I was going to nominate the 1x2 brick. The nomination of the masonry brick several posts down was very good, too.

I'm going to nominate the Mixel-style ball joints as some of the best new parts of the past decade. Maybe not greatest of all time level, but, the 2010s had a lot of great parts!

Foremost, I love the typical basic bricks like the 2x4 because they form de basic of all my MOC’s. But in the end, is almost every part useful even technical parts. They make great ornaments for historical buildings such as iron cast railings and so on..  

The best brick: the newer bricks, with whatever function or shape, that I don't have yet, that I see others using in clever and practical ways!!

The best element I do have is probably the masonry brick. Instantaneously they make any build look more realistic, or provide texture and difference to what are otherwise plain surfaces.

Also, the new leaf/foliage pieces I find very useful.

Edited by Stuartn

Best element: 3475

image.png.fb4101d7d95bdaaf6c7410dde77567c4.png

Instantly turn anything into a spacecraft/aircraft/jet powered land vehicle. Cruise control for cool!

On 4/23/2021 at 1:52 PM, Peppermint_M said:

I made the thread, I can bump it :tongue:

Just got the Loony Tunes CMF Marvin the Martian.

His helmet is PERFECTION.

The sculpting, the printing, the shape, the base colour. It is just *chef's kiss* I love it.

YES! I never looked at reviews or even inspected them closely, I was shocked when I dumped the contents out & saw his head & helmet were different pieces. I was beyond excited. Definitely the best accessory in that series. 

Again, I return to this thread. I am going to use this thread again. I have been sorting a bit, to get building again. So I have once again been getting all stoked about parts:

77184.pngThis hair is so cool, especially in the coral colour. When I was but a sprog, hair was the very classic parts, hardly any sculpts and certainly some very basic colours. To have something as excellently random as a coral swept undercut is just fantastic. 

Lego Minifigure Breathing Apparatus, Scuba RegulatorA little detail, but the little details can set a figure/MOC apart, looks good on a rack/hook and looks good on any figure.

Lego Minecraft Axolotl with Dark Pink Nose - Brick Built This is an axolotl. I love axolotls. My sister has one, and that chonky floofing nutter is the best. (We call her gills "floofs"). To have one to add to LEGO builds is the reason I bought a set. 

Lego Minifigure, Utensil Keytar with Black and White Keyboard Pattern I once wanted a keytar, now at least my figures can have one. Just what you need for a New Retro Wave musician. 

Lego Plate, Modified 4 x 4 with Rounded Corners and 4 Feet I like plates with rounded corners, there is something organic about them, almost. I know I can use them in this green shade for a tree build, a swamp or a jungle. 

30150.pngA crate, forever dressing up any MOC scene or vehicle to make it look that little bit more lived in, or to put in the idea of activity, of stored tools/treasures/weapons ready for the characters to collect/move/shelter behind. I have also seen dioramas that use them to create wall panels, which looks quite nifty.

So yeah, just a bit more of a signal boost to positive fandom things :blush:

10 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Lego Minifigure, Utensil Keytar with Black and White Keyboard Pattern I once wanted a keytar, now at least my figures can have one. Just what you need for a New Retro Wave musician.

I find the upside-down keyboard really off-putting on that one.

Great thread. Several parts I have in mind were already brought up by others, including the rounded 1x2 plate, 2x2 corner tile, cheese slope and headlight brick. I would also add the 1x1 round tile, the lightsaber blade and the 1x2 panel.

Among specialized parts, I have always liked the space quarter dome and the related straight panel     . These are surprisingly versatile and can be used in different ways on space models. I just wish they were more common and had appeared in more colors.

Got some hulk hands to use as bushes for micro builds.

This is a hulk hand tree WIP I'm planning to use in the background on an upcoming figbarf :pir-grin:

hulk-tree.jpg

Yes, those new Technic beams are great. I've wanted that kind of beam for a long time.

Good ol' smokes ... best parts ever:

2958pb002.t1.png

together with x1161cx1.t1.png

and 70455.t1.png

... provided you want to understand how LEGO PID can be realized - in a totally bottom up approach ;)

To all the nerds :pir-huzzah2:

Best regards,
Thorsten

20 hours ago, danth said:

Holy smokes!

https://brickset.com/article/90825/2023-speed-champions-new-elements

New 1x3 and 1x4 rounded plates with hollow studs! I hope the studs are truly hollow all the way through and not just open. If so, I already have plans for them!

Also, the wedged slopes are rad.

And of course the new rounded 1x1x2/3 with hollow stud, already known but still worth mentioning.

I just need a few gallon buckets of each! Those will be excellent for rounded/circle construction. 

19 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

I just need a few gallon buckets of each! Those will be excellent for rounded/circle construction

And joints/hinges!

I really like the minifigure spoons and forks but they don’t seem to come with knives, which is very frustrating. I get that knives aren’t really play friendly and knife crime is an issue but I don’t think a butter knife encourages too much violence. It’s not like children aren’t taught to use full cutlery at home!

93082h.jpg

They do in Friends.

Edited by MAB

9 hours ago, MAB said:

93082h.jpg

They do in Friends.

That’s cool - hopefully they will introduce them again in the silvery-grey colour. These are quite old parts in Friends though - none introduced since 2019?

The rounded 1x2 plate it pretty great, you can curve it for a wicker look, use it to add some texture, use it's hollow studs as an alternative connection point, and it, the whisk and the mining hat where the perfect parts to finish off my Daleks.

Anyone absolutely loving the new sword in Dreamzzz? 

dre20.jpg

Just look at it! There are two colours so far. This one and 

dre5.jpg

this one. 

I am torn, purple is my favourite colour but the Hero Sword looks so nice too!

On 4/19/2022 at 10:46 PM, MxWinters said:

This lot:
15100.png

Anyone knows the ID of this piece or how it is called?

I believe that would be Technic pin with friction ridge lengthwise and pin hole.

And while it is indispensable I personally have problems with it.

Edited by Johnny1360