Sign in to follow this  
badchriss

MOC - Monkie Kid: Upgraded small Bull Mech

The Monkie Kid sets are unique and quite fun (and so is the TV show btw) but as usually always when it comes to small Lego mechs, they are quite lacking.

The huge Monkey King Mech set contains a tiny mech as a side build for one of the Bull Clones. Unfortunately that mech is quite lacking in articulation and details.

Well, nothing a few additional parts can´t fix:

50391048376_95f5d4ca47_c.jpgMonkie Kid Mech (1)

50390955441_e21808e10f_c.jpgMonkie Kid Mech (2)

Credit for the frame go to Chubbybots and M1ndbender who inspired me with their work and with the mech frame (i´m terrible at mech frames :D)

I used many of the outstanding parts from the original mech like the metalbeards, the black 1x2 slope thingies,the golden ring and also the overall color palette.

The Mech now has prober hands to grab things and fight but it also has its trademark arm cannon.

I always thought the metalbeard beards would be great shoulder pads and build them in a way so they can move a bit to extend the moving range of the mech`s arms.

50390309403_2ae2d6b4b6_c.jpgMonkie Kid Mech (4)

50390332028_21389bf84a_c.jpgMonkie Kid Mech (5)

Hope you enjoy this moc, leave a comment if you like and have an awesome day.

I feel like you could stand to improve the color blocking a little. As it is the amount of greebling and the lack of strong color coordination kind of makes it hard to make out which part of the mech is which (for example, in the first picture you posted it takes a few seconds to discern where the right arm ends and the torso/right leg begins). Organizing the color scheme a little more effectively would allow you to maintain the high level of additional detail you've added while still making the overall form and silhouette of the mech more "readable".