evancelt

Interchangeable Hat Wig

Interchangeable Hat Wig. Got the idea from Captain Becker. He glued his together - I left mine separate so I can reuse it for different color combos. Wanton destruction aside, I think the prototype turned out pretty well. 1 down, 10 to go!

UPDATE: Added some pics of Imperials

wig-1.jpg

wig-2.jpg

wig-3.jpg

wig-4.jpg

wig-5.jpg

wig-6.jpg

wig-7.jpg

wig-8.jpg

wig-9.jpg

wig-10.jpg

wig-11.jpg

wig-12.jpg

wig-13.jpg

wig-14.jpg

Edited by evancelt

Neat! That's a good idea, if you don't want to glue it, but my concern is its stability. Since it doesn't attach to a stud anymore but just sort of clipping around the head itself, I have some questions:

Is it still stable?

Does it detach as soon as you hold and/or move the minifigure?

Do you think it has become less sturdy and prone to have the sides of the wig snap and break?

Just now, Elusys Ra Arwal said:

Neat! That's a good idea, if you don't want to glue it, but my concern is its stability. Since it doesn't attach to a stud anymore but just sort of clipping around the head itself, I have some questions:

Is it still stable?

Does it detach as soon as you hold and/or move the minifigure?

Do you think it has become less sturdy and prone to have the sides of the wig snap and break?

Still seems very stable, though time will tell if it stretched out or not. It stays put (doesn't immediately detach or move around). Seems plenty sturdy (plastic is thick).

55 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Still seems very stable, though time will tell if it stretched out or not. It stays put (doesn't immediately detach or move around). Seems plenty sturdy (plastic is thick).

Great, because I was thinking to do the same operation as Captain Becker, just cutting and gluing, after buying some hats, because I don't have that many officials, so I don't really care. Plus I was also thinking to paint some of the wigs in a greysh colour , just to make a different effect.

Edited by Elusys Ra Arwal

It's a good look, i've got no guts to do this ever since I own only two and each goes for 2 euros on Bricklink. I'm surprised that this mold has only appeared two times, it's a very important heapiece during age of sail and Lego should make more sets with these

RIP wig. I'll never forget those times we shared together - especially when your got your top cut off and died. That was some shenanigan. You trickster, you.

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

Thanks for the Credit, though Originally this was made by Plain Bear which whom I got the idea myself. And yes, my soul cries when cruelty to Lego´s is done, but I feel like that the end result is worth it at the end. Maby. :pir-look:

Captain Charles J. Becker

Ended up using the interchangeable hat wig for the lieutenant in my company of 26th foot and the second in The Duel:

movingout-1.jpg

duel-1.jpg

From posts:

Wow that is really cool.  Not sure if I’m brave enough! I mean, it’s just plastic, right? That we just exchange paper for? Gotta get over my Lord Business thinking!