Sign in to follow this  
NOD

[BTV1-TER] raising of troop: Guerrillas Mercenaries

50390642573_45d86459e2_b.jpgDSC08439 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Desperate to hold onto power, the ruler Oldis pays unscrupulous mercenaries. These have nothing in common with the regular soldier. They are guerrillas, they fight from ambush. They prefer to carry out acts of sabotage and terror at night. They spread destruction, chaos and panic. They attack unexpectedly quickly and effectively, but disappear just as quickly.

The mercenaries consist of 1 company cavalry and 1 company foot troops.

This build has nothing in common with the Sea Rats. I use minifigures that I have. Just to make The Second Terraversan War a little more interesting, I chose Terraversa.

Wow, what a sight! Your collection of minifigs is very impressive. :thumbup:

I think the variety of hair/hats, faces and bodies gives this a really ragtag look - just perfect for mercanaries. Well done!

P.S.: Will we see more of that build in the background soon?

10 hours ago, NOD said:

50390642573_45d86459e2_b.jpgDSC08439 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Desperate to hold onto power, the ruler Oldis pays unscrupulous mercenaries. These have nothing in common with the regular soldier. They are guerrillas, they fight from ambush. They prefer to carry out acts of sabotage and terror at night. They spread destruction, chaos and panic. They attack unexpectedly quickly and effectively, but disappear just as quickly.

The mercenaries consist of 1 company cavalry and 1 company foot troops.

This build has nothing in common with the Sea Rats. I use minifigures that I have. Just to make The Second Terraversan War a little more interesting, I chose Terraversa.

Awesome, still not sure what I should choose... 

12 hours ago, Darnok said:

Wow, what a sight! Your collection of minifigs is very impressive. :thumbup:

I think the variety of hair/hats, faces and bodies gives this a really ragtag look - just perfect for mercanaries. Well done!

P.S.: Will we see more of that build in the background soon?

Thank you,

At some point I'll show the whole build. At the moment it is an advantage that nobody can see it, because I can perhaps use it again when photographed from a different angle.

10 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Fantastic build!

Thank you,

2 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Awesome, still not sure what I should choose... 

Thank you,

Choose what you think is right and not what others say.

Nice figbarf, sir. Interesting use of torsos from many different lines.

And just to clear up any potential misunderstandings, you cannot recruit troops in Terraversa for the EGS (but they can exist IC). But in showing guerillas being raised there, we (the gms) may for instance add some guerilla troops to bolster the defences, or otherwise use these in our gm'ing. Hope that is clear.

47 minutes ago, Bregir said:

And just to clear up any potential misunderstandings, you cannot recruit troops in Terraversa for the EGS (but they can exist IC). But in showing guerillas being raised there, we (the gms) may for instance add some guerilla troops to bolster the defences, or otherwise use these in our gm'ing. Hope that is clear.

I think adding troop raising to the title may have been by mistake. 

How many people have to be shown to constitute one company? 

Great figbarf NOD! The combination of regular and custom parts is very nice, and all the minifigs you use are suitable for a pirate mercenary band.

1 hour ago, Count Vroskri said:

There is no fixed number, we have seen companies raised with half a dozen men and companies recruited with 30 soldiers, barracks and field kitchens... the rule is about how many soldiers can be recruited in each settlement. Currently, you can recruit (in EGS) only in your own settlements, and this is the only issue here: this build will likely give a soldier bonus to the Terraversans, and create mercenaries that NOD can use for his stories, but won't actually add 60 men to Terraversan forces. The only way to do it is to recruit your men somewhere and bring it with a ship to Terraversa (without being sunk by anyone), trying your luck against Oleander war fleet :devil:

3 hours ago, Bregir said:

Nice figbarf, sir. Interesting use of torsos from many different lines.

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted. Add some guerrilla troops would be interesting. It is also the only way to stand a chance against the Oleonders.

3 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Maybe I chose the wrong title.

But Terraversa is getting soldiers or whatever. That's exactly what I wanted.
2 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Nice army! Terraversa is getting even more heated up..

Thank you, that's the way it should be.

1 hour ago, Keymonus said:

Great figbarf NOD! The combination of regular and custom parts is very nice, and all the minifigs you use are suitable for a pirate mercenary band.

There is no fixed number, we have seen companies raised with half a dozen men and companies recruited with 30 soldiers, barracks and field kitchens... the rule is about how many soldiers can be recruited in each settlement. Currently, you can recruit (in EGS) only in your own settlements, and this is the only issue here: this build will likely give a soldier bonus to the Terraversans, and create mercenaries that NOD can use for his stories, but won't actually add 60 men to Terraversan forces. The only way to do it is to recruit your men somewhere and bring it with a ship to Terraversa (without being sunk by anyone), trying your luck against Oleander war fleet :devil:

Thank you,

The Oleonder, are probably at least 3-1 superior to the enemy. The mighty big Oleon against the small Terraversa is boring. I am not actually paying for the rich ruler in Traversan 60 soldiers and bring it with a ship. A soldier bonus to the Terraversans, that's exactly what I wanted. The war should be told in a more balanced way and from both sides so that it becomes more interesting and exciting.

Great figure selection! I like the uniqueness of each, and the effort you put in. One comment, I'd upgrade your lighting set up, your photo is a tad dark. I got a 1600 Lumen lightbulb (which is absurdly bright) for about 8 USD, and it works amazing.

On 9/28/2020 at 2:09 PM, NOD said:

The Oleonder, are probably at least 3-1 superior to the enemy. The mighty big Oleon against the small Terraversa is boring. I am not actually paying for the rich ruler in Traversan 60 soldiers and bring it with a ship. A soldier bonus to the Terraversans, that's exactly what I wanted. The war should be told in a more balanced way and from both sides so that it becomes more interesting and exciting.

I like your thinking! TER has a long way to go if they want to survive, but the power of friendship, their fighting spirit will give them a good chance. (And a bunch of MOCs from anyone who doesn't like Oleon :pir-grin:)

2 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Great figure selection! I like the uniqueness of each, and the effort you put in. One comment, I'd upgrade your lighting set up, your photo is a tad dark. I got a 1600 Lumen lightbulb (which is absurdly bright) for about 8 USD, and it works amazing.

I like your thinking! TER has a long way to go if they want to survive, but the power of friendship, their fighting spirit will give them a good chance. (And a bunch of MOCs from anyone who doesn't like Oleon :pir-grin:)

Thanks for the compliments.

I understand what you mean. The lighting wasn't the main problem. I have photos that are better lit but they are worse. The problem was that the camera focused either on the foot soldiers or on the cavalry. One of the two was always much less visible. At some point I gave up and choose a photo on which to some extent all minifigures can be seen.

We think alike in many things. It would be good to have other MOCs for Terraversa. In the current course of the war, Oleon probably conquered the whole island at the next MRCA. Boring! The Oktoberfest is definitely more exciting and fun.