10 hours ago, Ethan0080 said:

I gonna Initial D it. 

Cant wait to see what you'll come up with :classic: 

Will you do Nakazato's R32 or the Shinigami R32?

Edited by Gray Gear

@Ethan0080 You definatelly have to send me a pic when Nakazato's R32 is completed!

Actually I attempted to build the AE86 from Initial D some time ago, but I abandoned the project. I didn't get very far: Bricksafe  

I love the initial D anime, but the AE86 on its own doesn't look that good to me next to other icons like the RX-7, GT-R or NSX. I am afraid i'm not really into hatchbacks. It seems like I can't build a car like this if I dont really love it.

Right now I am working on a Nissan 180SX Type X, and there are so many other cars I would still like to attempt...

On 2/12/2021 at 12:59 PM, aniking said:

every few steps in the build i admire your talent more and more. hats off..

@aniking I am happy to hear that m8, really. What's your progress so far?

Edited by Gray Gear

And I’m finished :laugh: 

1280x684.jpg

A ton of nice building techniques as usual and built like a tank. As you might notice I used the wheels from the Defender because I don’t think Bugatti/Sian wheels look good, but I might consider swapping them with a set of Porsche wheels.

I think the R32 is just a little bit behind the NSX for me, mostly because of the gearbox. It’s just got a bit more of that “wow” factor, being built completely transversely. All three of them are incredible though. Anyway, it’s another very nice addition to the collection.

PS: On page 272 you can’t actually use a 3L friction pin to join the two bars together. You either have to use a 2L one or a 3L frictionless (what I did). I guess whichever brand your pin was did allow this, but not LEGO’s :wink: 

@LvdH Thanks for your feedback and your nice words :blush:

To be honest I can see why you like the NSX's transmission best. Someone who has built so many technic cars already will look for the most unique, and the NSX transmission definatelly ticks that box. But I myself feel like the R32's AWD transmission is my best so far, even though it has a more convetional layout.

23 hours ago, LvdH said:

*snip* built like a tank.

Hehe yeah one of my goals for the R32 was to surpass the body rigidity of the average 1:8 supercar by a mile :grin:

And thx for pointing out the mistake in the instructions, I'll do a bandaid fix when I have the time.

@aniking Thank you :blush: the picture does not work for me tho...

It would be very grateful if you would also upload the pic in the pictures section of the MOC on Rebrickable, so others can see it is possible to build :laugh:

I've watched for the drivetrain - looks so complex! Cool and realistic design of the bodywork!

@aniking picture looks disabled or blocked and is not displyaing

@aniking I used this blueprint in the model scaler, and some pics from google for details and to view things from a different angle :classic:

I like your tinted headlights btw, a nice idea.

Edited by Gray Gear

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

@aniking I used this blueprint in the model scaler, and some pics from google for details and to view things from a different angle :classic:

I like your tinted headlights btw, a nice idea.

Thanks. I'm more curious about the gray arms in the cabin, did you made that out of your head or you saw skyline with rolling cage?

Edited by aniking

@aniking the rollcage was made after looking at some real R32 rollcages, and considering how it can be as strong as possible.

So the R32's rollcage is inspired by real design, but not accurately measured. But it doesn't really matter imo, because lots of weld-in rollcages are custom made irl too.

Could anyone do a body colour swap to a darker red like this one? Im curious on what it would look like.

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V • spec II (R32) '94 | Gran Turismo Wiki | Fandom

@OnyyX your pic is not working for me :sad:

I am afraid there will be a lot more non-LEGO bricks nececary for building this car in a different color. 

I will actually "repaint" my own GT-R to blue color, the bricks are alreday ordered. But a lot of the bricks I'll use will not be LEGO, LEGO does not have many bricks in blue color :sceptic:

Mm true. Idk why but nearly everyone pictures arent loading. Its basically the dark red lego colour. My uncle owns a V spec II in that colour with bbs rims so I was hoping id be able to order one. I might remove the rollcage and bonnet scoop for a cleaner show car look. Nice MOC btw. I made one in bricks in 1:16th scale bc theres legit next to no r32 mocs on the internet bigger than speed champions scale. My favourite is still the r34 tho, so Im hoping someone does that in 1:8 as well. 

2 hours ago, OnyyX said:

Mm true. Idk why but nearly everyone pictures arent loading. Its basically the dark red lego colour. My uncle owns a V spec II in that colour with bbs rims so I was hoping id be able to order one. I might remove the rollcage and bonnet scoop for a cleaner show car look. Nice MOC btw. I made one in bricks in 1:16th scale bc theres legit next to no r32 mocs on the internet bigger than speed champions scale. My favourite is still the r34 tho, so Im hoping someone does that in 1:8 as well. 

Nissan_SKYLINE_GT-R_V_%E2%80%A2_spec_II_

You needed to remove this last part from the link:

/revision/latest?cb=20190129141709

@OnyyX Wow your Uncle is a happy man... A R32 GT-R VSpec II is a dream come true! I know the dark red color you mean.

But I think even with using non-LEGO bricks dark red would be impossible. It is just too rare, especially in Technic.

19 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

@OnyyX your pic is not working for me :sad:

I am afraid there will be a lot more non-LEGO bricks nececary for building this car in a different color. 

I will actually "repaint" my own GT-R to blue color, the bricks are alreday ordered. But a lot of the bricks I'll use will not be LEGO, LEGO does not have many bricks in blue color :sceptic:

True. Another colour I would settle for is dark grey, like the Nismo one. Or white maybe.

14 hours ago, syclone said:

Nissan_SKYLINE_GT-R_V_%E2%80%A2_spec_II_

You needed to remove this last part from the link:

/revision/latest?cb=20190129141709

Thanks, is that in like f12 mode or??

@OnyyX DBG will be difficult, I have yet to find the wheelarch pieces in DBG. But white is possible for sure, using some non-LEGO bricks.