Whats up everybody, hope y'all are doing well. I would like you to meet this little Godzilla of mine :dangry:

IMG_9077.JPG

IMG_9137.JPG

This car was built with the car scene in "Wangan Midnight" in mind: Modified cars steetracing on the Wangan Highway, where everything is about top speed. The car's engine has been converted to a bigger single turbo for better top speed and improved cooling, a vented hood and bigger intercooler setup for improved cooling, bucketseats and a weld-in rollcage. And of course the little lip on the trunk and spoiler and a massive flamespitting cannon exhaust pipe.

Obviously I used quite a few Non-LEGO pieces here and there to achieve the desired look.

Features:
working RB26DETT fake engine (the second "T" should be removed tho because this car has a single turbo conversion)
6speed AWD manual transmission with "Safeshift" system
HoG steering with moving steering wheel
Independent suspension all around
Opening hood and trunk
Opening doors with locking mechanism

Check out Sariels awesome Model Scaler tool, it helped me a ton once again: http://scaler.sariel.pl/

Specs:
scale: 1:8
length: 56 cm
width: 24 cm
height:16 cm
Weight: 2.8kg
Piece count: estimated 2500-3500

What everybody wants to see in this forum:

IMG_9144.JPG

I tried to keep as much of the transmission visible from below as possible.

IMG_9096.JPG

I know this pic doesn't do the engine bay justice, but its all I have now.

IMG_9142.JPG

The body is amazingly rigid thanks to the functional weld-in rollcage.

And a nice group pic with my 2 previous projects:

IMG_9112.JPG

A few more pics:

Spoiler

IMG_9123.JPG

IMG_9134.JPG

IMG_9115.JPG

I hope you enjoyed reading this, leave your thoughts in the comments below ;)

Gray Gear

Edited by Gray Gear

Fantastic build! The looks of it is spot-on!

Edited by JintaiZ

Brilliant!  Very clean with everything so well-integrated.  Really a beautiful build - looking forward to seeing more from a more successful shoot soon!  :classic:

Wow! What a fantastic build! It looks great, and judging by the outside of the car I’m guessing it works pretty well on the inside too:wink: - can’t wait to see the video!

11 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

6speed AWD manual transmission with "Safeshift" system

What does that mean ?
Is there an autoclutch ?

1 hour ago, Touc4nx said:

What does that mean ?
Is there an autoclutch ?

No, there is a protective system that prevents you from accidentally engaging multiple gears at once.

Lets have a look at the heartof my build, the 6speed manual AWD transmission. I made this in LDCad for you :wink:

1_Nissan%20R32%20GTR%20Transmission.png

Tan = Rear wheel drive          Yellow = Front wheel drive          Gray = Center differential+ 3 clutch rings with gears to make them spin different speeds          Red = Fake engine drive

2_Nissan%20R32%20GTR%20Transmission.png

Here you can see the entire drivetrain

3_Nissan%20R32%20GTR%20Transmission.png

This is the shift lever + linkage system to move the clutch rings.

Light green: 1st+2nd gear

medium green: 3rd+4th gear

dark green: 5th+6th gear

4_Nissan%20R32%20GTR%20Transmission.png

And this blue piece is what I call the "Safeshift system". It moves left&right on the black axle , following the shift levers movements. Its purpose is to centerlock the 2 unused links at all times. That way it is impossible to engage 2 gears at once, which in the worst case could destroy the transmission.

I hope I was able to explain everything so it was easy to understand, if you have any questions, thoughts or improvement ideas please tell me in the comments. Peace!

I like the model a lot, and the colour coded pins, and the gearbox which is well beyond my comprehension level.

Chapeau!

Now I know it's a tuner car, the wheels feel more in scale too (refering to my comments on your previous thread)

On 9/28/2020 at 8:35 AM, All_About_Lego said:

Wow! What a fantastic build! It looks great, and judging by the outside of the car I’m guessing it works pretty well on the inside too:wink: - can’t wait to see the video!

On 9/28/2020 at 10:51 AM, Touc4nx said:

Oh *huh*
I'm interested to see how it works, I guess I will have to wait until the video comes ;)

I added the Video at the top. I tried to show the gearbox shifting as good as possible :wink:

Edited by Gray Gear

Thank you, I guess I will try to build it to understand it ;)

Btw, super strong roof.

On 10/18/2020 at 12:43 AM, Gray Gear said:

I added the Video at the top. I tried to show the gearbox shifting as good as possible :wink:

Very nice video - it shows off your creation perfectly! That gearbox seems to function great - and I love how rigid the whole thing seems to be! Great work!:laugh: :thumbup:

On 10/18/2020 at 2:43 AM, Gray Gear said:

Very nice proportions and creation in general. Are you going to release the instructions on Rebrickable?

Will you make instructions for  skyline please? I like it and i want one too - that’s sad that there aren’t any JDMs (without Nissan GTR from champions).

Edited by Sam_Witch006

12 hours ago, Filipandor09 said:

What are these wheels and tire?

I believe these wheels are from one of the knockoff Hoonicorn sets. The tyres are identical to the Porsche, Bugatti and Lamborghini. 

On 10/18/2020 at 2:05 AM, Touc4nx said:

Btw, super strong roof.

On 10/19/2020 at 8:35 AM, All_About_Lego said:

and I love how rigid the whole thing seems to be! Great work!:laugh: :thumbup:

Adding the Rollcage helps so much with body rigidity. It can totally remove the weakspots that usually exist where the doors are, and the A-Pillars are almost always a quite weak connecting the roof to the frame. There is no flex at all in the body.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:12 AM, Filipandor09 said:

What are these wheels and tire?

@LvdH is right, I sourced them from 3303 DECOOL Mustang Hoonicorn. I dont like that they stole the MOC, but I just bought the set as a parts donor and never unwrapped the instructions, so I dont feel bad. I must give them props for making the custom Wheels as well tho, they compliment the GTR's black body very well imo. 

On 10/19/2020 at 11:31 AM, vded said:

Very nice proportions and creation in general. Are you going to release the instructions on Rebrickable?

18 hours ago, Sam_Witch006 said:

Will you make instructions for  skyline please? I like it and i want one too - that’s sad that there aren’t any JDMs (without Nissan GTR from champions).

I am sorry to disappoint you, but I have no plans to make instructions for this MOC. I had to use a few pieces in colors that LEGO does not offer, especially for the head- and taillights. There is no way these could be replaced, and it wouldn't be that easy for y'all to get your hands on these pieces, even if you wanted to.

If you like JDM cars, you can check out my Honda NSX and Mazda RX-7 on Rebrickable :wink:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-30093/Gray_Gear/moc-90s-honda-nsx/

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-46448/Gray_Gear/moc-mazda-rx-7-tuned-by-re-amemiya/#details

21 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

I am sorry to disappoint you, but I have no plans to make instructions for this MOC. I had to use a few pieces in colors that LEGO does not offer, especially for the head- and taillights. There is no way these could be replaced, and it wouldn't be that easy for y'all to get your hands on these pieces, even if you wanted to.

For the rear lights you could use solid red versions that LEGO does produce:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=13971&colorID=5&in=A

I can’t see what pieces you meant for the headlights though. Which pieces do you mean?

If you do create instructions some day, this might be the first car I would consider ordering off brand pieces for. I said it before but this is your best yet.

You have really captured the car - its wonderfully designed especially the panel work - it seems like could also be built in white and add the lambo wheels for the white/gold look.

Any chance your working on an S15 next ?? :)