SylvainLS

Help me help you with Studio!

Hey gals and guys,

Some of you may already know, I’ve been promoted to Discussions Moderator on BrickLink and especially Forum Moderator of the Studio forum.  One of my tasks is to help with the communication between the users and the dev team: help with the bugs reports and suggestions and forward the worthy ones.

I’ve already started looking into messages that didn’t (seem to) get attention from the devs.  I know there are old bugs and worthy suggestions out there.  But there are things I thought were only a couple weeks ago that actually date from months ago.  And it wouldn’t be effective to awaken old threads to ask for details.  (Besides, there’s a couple of things (hem…) that don’t work well on the Studio forum, like notifications.)

So, if you remember (have a link to) an old but persistent bug or a worthy suggestion for Studio or PartDesigner, please send me a message (PM) with a link, or come make a new post on the Studio forum (in the correct topic please).

And if you like a suggestion, feel free to add a comment as a way to vote for them, or, even better, to add details or examples.

I obviously can’t guarantee every bug will be solved and every suggestion implemented but I’ll forward and follow them.

Thanks!

Alright I will bite, how do you add a decal to a clone helmet...or even add a clone helmet. Also how are you adding parts to the main program.

Cheers

Jody Meyer

1 hour ago, Jody Meyer said:

Alright I will bite, how do you add a decal to a clone helmet...or even add a clone helmet. Also how are you adding parts to the main program.

:look: Hmm, you seem to have misunderstood me: I’m not saying “Ask your questions about Studio and PartDesigner here and I will answer them here.”  I’m saying “I’m here (or rather there) to help you talk to the devs.”

Anyway, short answers: you need PartDesigner and you need a 3D model (preferably LDraw), or you can ask for the part to be added and a decal to be made (takes longer).  If you want further details, please post of the Studio forum (in the Studio Parts subforum).

Edited by SylvainLS

@Takanuinuva As I said to Jody, the purpose of this thread is not to answer questions about Studio here.  It’s to announce there’s now someone (that would be me) to help link users and devs.  So come to the Studio forum to ask your questions and we’ll try to help you make Studio work or file a bug report with the devs.

18 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

@Takanuinuva As I said to Jody, the purpose of this thread is not to answer questions about Studio here.  It’s to announce there’s now someone (that would be me) to help link users and devs.  So come to the Studio forum to ask your questions and we’ll try to help you make Studio work or file a bug report with the devs.

You got a link to that?