Ayrlego

The Second Terraversan War - Submissions Thread

50386736188_fa5ed7f0a0.jpg

The Second (Olean)Terraversan War - Turn One

Olean Letters of Marque Thread

Terraversan Letters of Marque Thread

A Call to Arms!

50406637126_3758132a6e_b.jpg

The Brick Seas are still reeling with the news of the initial assault on Terraversa that has left Sillithonia, Pilnton and Tarlor all in Oleon hands with a good portion of Kings Port also controlled by the Bluecoats. The people of Terraversa are divided. Most reports state that the majority are united in their opposition of the invaders; however, a sizable proportion who call themselves 'Loyalists' have rallied in Nola Mar in support of Oleon.

Both sides are desperately raising reserves and militia forces to continue the fight. The success of either side may depend on how many troops can be raised during this crucial period. Meanwhile, Kings Port is under siege with fighting in the streets, and native Atwi warriors wage guerilla warfare in the interior. And what of Terraversan Arch Duke Oldis in Kings Port and Grand Admiral L'Olius in Westface? What are they planning to counter the attack?

While the outcome of the invasion will mostly be determined by tMRCA actions and the Game Masters; now is the player base's chance to influence the outcome of the campaign. Until the next tMRCA deadline, players may choose to build in support for either Oleon or Terraversa in an attempt to influence the numbers of troops raised for each side.

Requirements:

1. Each player may submit a maximum of two builds per MRCA turn.

2. Each build must be in a dedicated topic with the tag [BTV1-OL] or [BTV1-TER] preceding the title depending on which side you are supporting. Existing builds may be retroactively added to this challenge if they were posted after the release of  the KPA Volume 5 Issue 4

3. A link to the build must be posted in this topic.

4. Your build should show one of the many small scale actions your side is doing to turn the tide. Examples could be raising forces, mustering militias, spying on the enemy, guerrilla warfare, or any other effort towards winning the war for Terraversa's future.

Focus during this first MRCA turn is likely to be gathering intelligence on the enemy and the raising of troops, but you are free to depict other efforts."

5. Builds for this first turn must be submitted before the next MRCA deadline (TBA) 

Index of Builds:

Oleon

A Brief Pause in Time @Bodi

Approaching the Inner City @Bodi

Watchful Eyes in Westface @Corweena

The Last Line of Defence @Ross Fisher

Artillery Positions @merc

The Best Kind of Intelligence @CapOnBOBS

Terraversa

Marching Towards the Coast @Elostirion

Guerrillas Mercenaries @NOD

Raising the Westface Militia @Ayrlego

Through the Back Door @Count Vroskri

My first entry for Terraversa

Some questions:
- What is the effect of those MOCs submitted?
- Does MOC-quality count for the outcome, and if so: how?
- Will the effect of the MOCs on the calculations be made public?
- I assume it's fine to build two MOCs, one for each side?

And: Fantastic little troop-depiction, @Ayrlego - you are so good at this. Just wow.

Edited by Elostirion

6 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Some questions:

- What is the effect of those MOCs submitted?
- Does MOC-quality count for the outcome, and if so: how?
- Will the effect of the MOCs on the calculations be made public?
- I assume it's fine to build two MOCs, one for each side?

Each player can submit two builds per turn. They can be for the same, or opposing factions.

Quality of story, presentation, and build will be taken into limited account, but these are mainly considered story builds.

The effect will be gm'ed. Examples:

- Several builds showing militias being raised against the invasion may result in the game masters adding a few troops to the TER forces.

- Builds showing guerillas may result in limited movement through the interior.

- Builds showing sabotage may decrease/counter troop raising.

- Builds showing diplomatic efforts may have diplomatic effects.

- Etc.

It really is up to each player what to build. The impact of each individual build will be limited, but in sum, they may end up having significant impact on events on Terraversa, although it will mainly be resolved through fixed mechanics.

Hope that cleared it up a bit.

Exciting times to be on the Brick Seas - or Terraversa to be more precise! :pir-grin:

This sounds very cool, and should lead to some interesting builds and stories. Thanks to the GMs working on this, looking forward to where this goes.

I assume this is kind of a "beta test" for the land war rules as well? Or are those done seperately?

@Ayrlego@Bregir

20 hours ago, Bregir said:

The effect will be gm'ed. Examples:

- Several builds showing militias being raised against the invasion may result in the game masters adding a few troops to the TER forces.

- Builds showing guerillas may result in limited movement through the interior.

- Builds showing sabotage may decrease/counter troop raising.

- Builds showing diplomatic efforts may have diplomatic effects.

- Etc.

In line with this, if I post a building of a Terraversan /Oleon ship, will they gain a ship of that size? 

If you gift Oleon the moc to license, they can do that. If you gift TER a ship to license, they probably will.

43 minutes ago, Bregir said:

If you gift Oleon the moc to license, they can do that. If you gift TER a ship to license, they probably will.

OK, even if it is like a ship in a shipyard, I. E. Half - Built? 

4 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

OK, even if it is like a ship in a shipyard, I. E. Half - Built? 

That would not normally be licensable, so I would say no. That sounds more like a property, then.

10 hours ago, Bregir said:

That would not normally be licensable, so I would say no. That sounds more like a property, then.

OK, likewise, if I showed saboteurs sabotaging something offshore, like a ship, would OL/TER lose a ship of that size? Just wanted to check because troop raising is different on land to sea equivalent of sabotage. 

31 minutes ago, Count Vroskri said:

OK, likewise, if I showed saboteurs sabotaging something offshore, like a ship, would OL/TER lose a ship of that size?

Generally, ships can only be lost through MRCA action, so no - a MOC of you sabotaging a ship offshore would not result in either side losing a ship.

The reason for this is that building a ship is a significant exercise and licensing it is quite expensive. That effort can be risked in a MRCA against the potential for a reward. It wouldn't really be fair if another player then made a MOC showing that ship sinking; and we then sunk it.

The idea of these builds is to show support for either side. The overall effects of the combined MOCs presented in this thread on the war will be minimal. I would say that individual MOCs will have almost certainly no significant effort.

For example. If we get say... three or four builds showing TER militia raising efforts that show coordination between the builders in that all are located in or around a specfic settlement, that may result in TER being awarded an additional Platoon of EGS troops. If say seven or eight players all build similar scenes maybe that would result in an additional company. There are no certainties or guarantees with this incentive.

Does that make sense?

7 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

For example. If we get say... three or four builds showing TER militia raising efforts that show coordination between the builders in that all are located in or around a specfic settlement, that may result in TER being awarded an additional Platoon of EGS troops. If say seven or eight players all build similar scenes maybe that would result in an additional company. There are no certainties or guarantees with this incentive.

Does that make sense?

OK, thanks for the clarification. 

39 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

OK, there's a war going on... But what's next ?

What is at stake ?

Aye, that's what I'm wondering - after this what will happen, or is this just to determine the Victor? 

4 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

What is at stake ?

4 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Aye, that's what I'm wondering - after this what will happen, or is this just to determine the Victor?

Terraversa is at stake.

The war will be mainly fought and won through the MRCA and land combat rules (TBA) with some GameMaster input. These builds may shape the GM input in some small ways.

Concentrating TV affair/war builds in a single thread is certainly more helpful. Good job guys!

May the best (bluecoat) faction win!

It is much easier to fight them when they didn't realize they were in a fight until it was over. A few less to face in King's Port and some great intel on the defensive works from our chatty guests.

Just to bring some order: 

These are the missing entries I found. There are also the builds of the first wave of the invasion (labeled as MRCA results) to be ordered somewhere, here or in the AMRCA.