Sign in to follow this  
pantelis

[Moc] Modular Castle

Hi to all folks..this days i finish my Modular Castle...And why modular?? Because this castle is made in detachable parts so that it can add and remove pieces easily at any time.

Its playable for sure and reminds my my childhood years with the old lego classic castles with endless hours of play where the sets can opened and you could add and remove pieces from other sets.

It's the idea like 9474 and 9471 where you can expand Helms Deep wall as many times you want. 

So this is my idea for my castle , playable , add ,remove , change any part you want..!!

All the parts that you can see to the table af the first photo are the parts of the two castles..the 2nd step is to have the first castle with crusaders figures and the second version for the black falcons...!!

50386213661_be90877ac6_k.jpg

50386210881_c3567e7766_h.jpg

50386210866_c7ef14a01b_h.jpg

50385514428_943ab10311_h.jpg

50386386832_8f4d4a6d8f_b.jpg

50386387007_ac1902f57b_k.jpg

50385514768_eeeca75adf_h.jpg

50385515263_b8b9ac41cc_k.jpg

50385515753_3b2090a023_k.jpg

50385516838_84e9814716_k.jpg

50386213641_58e58686df_h.jpg

Edited by pantelis
photo

I liked the progress shots you shared a few weeks ago and the finished product looks lovely! Your solution to the big grey wall syndrome is at once detailed and clean, and the colours on your half-timbered buildings are so lively as well.

Simultaneously classic and modern — I'd have loved it if LEGO had made something like this back in the day.

Very nice work.  I like the way you added texture while keeping the light grey color largely.  I think that it helps lend itself to the classic castle vibe while still adding texture.  The brick work that emulates the wattle and daub of the original large printed pieces also looks fantastic.  I particularly like your color choices that hearken to the classic castle while still adding a few new colors, such as the browns and the great use of the new goldenrod tree elements.  You may want to raise the fence between the lists.  I think they were generally higher so the horses didn't trip on them.  This would make a really nice set, or group of sets that one could purchase modularly.  I would love to see TLG let you design a new castle theme!

This is perfect, one of the most beatiful all gray castles I have seen(such care for details, scales, proportions and space use). You should put it on Ideas.
I dont know how much it could cost, but I am sure is worth every penny.
Thanks for sharing. :)

14 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Fantastic build!

Thank you for this!! 

13 hours ago, LettuceBrick said:

Wow! Really cool how the lines are so clean while still incorporating details and rougher spots.

Thank you for this feedback.. I try to stay in clean lines like the old school!! 

11 hours ago, goceltic67 said:

Looks terrific 

Looks very playable 

Great job 

Iam glad you notice the playable of this build. That was the point for me.. 

10 hours ago, jimmynick said:

I liked the progress shots you shared a few weeks ago and the finished product looks lovely! Your solution to the big grey wall syndrome is at once detailed and clean, and the colours on your half-timbered buildings are so lively as well.

Simultaneously classic and modern — I'd have loved it if LEGO had made something like this back in the day.

Thats a very great feedback for my build. Iam glad you notice the details that I want from this castle. I think that lego in 2021 must give as a castle them. We love castle theme and we have so many years to see something good. 

3 hours ago, Grover said:

Very nice work.  I like the way you added texture while keeping the light grey color largely.  I think that it helps lend itself to the classic castle vibe while still adding texture.  The brick work that emulates the wattle and daub of the original large printed pieces also looks fantastic.  I particularly like your color choices that hearken to the classic castle while still adding a few new colors, such as the browns and the great use of the new goldenrod tree elements.  You may want to raise the fence between the lists.  I think they were generally higher so the horses didn't trip on them.  This would make a really nice set, or group of sets that one could purchase modularly.  I would love to see TLG let you design a new castle theme!

Thank you very much for this comments. I am really glad you notice the point idea of this Moc. The idea for me is that I can make changes any time. Add something new remove something else play with the colors and for sure in my free time play with my characters!! 

2 hours ago, Niku said:

This is perfect, one of the most beatiful all gray castles I have seen(such care for details, scales, proportions and space use). You should put it on Ideas.
I dont know how much it could cost, but I am sure is worth every penny.
Thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you for this great feedback Niku. Iam glad you enjoy the build and you feal like me when I see and play with it. The cost I think it's not so much if I think the cost of a new lego set of 2020... It's between 450-550€. I think it's big for lego ideas contest but for sure I would like to see from lego an new lego castle themes and then I will add it to my Moc. This is the main idea for me. Build something an put it like a modular build.. 

wow! if this is official lego set I will buy it for sure, amazing castle, nice details, you did a great job here! i like it so much 

26 minutes ago, richchie said:

wow! if this is official lego set I will buy it for sure, amazing castle, nice details, you did a great job here! i like it so much 

Thank you very much for this richchie.. Iam glad you like it and you enjoy some details of the build... 

1 hour ago, BrickCommander9 said:

Gorgeous castle! I really love your courtyard buildings. Smooth and elegant.

Does the castle have an interior?

Thank you very much for your feedback iam glad you enjoy the build. The castle is around with walls so i try to make an interior as you can see in the photos with some builds.. But you give me a good idea maybe I make something with the towers and the main gate.. 

3 minutes ago, pantelis said:

Thank you very much for your feedback iam glad you enjoy the build. The castle is around with walls so i try to make an interior as you can see in the photos with some builds.. But you give me a good idea maybe I make something with the towers and the main gate.. 

Yes, I saw the beautiful buildings in the courtyard. What I meant by interior was if those buildings, the towers or the gatehouse have rooms inside? 

Either way, it is really a gorgeous build. Definately gives me some inspiration for my castle :-)

1 hour ago, Ragana9289 said:

What an amazing model !

Iam glad you enjoy it Ragana... 

1 hour ago, BrickCommander9 said:

Yes, I saw the beautiful buildings in the courtyard. What I meant by interior was if those buildings, the towers or the gatehouse have rooms inside? 

Either way, it is really a gorgeous build. Definately gives me some inspiration for my castle :-)

Mmm.. No but you give me an idea to make something inside. Iam glad you enjoy the builds outside.. So glad to give you inspiration for your build.. 

Wow, pantelis! Just when I thought your builds couldn't get any better, you show us this beauty! :pir-love:

Your detailing is impeccable, and you definitely did a great job hitting that nostalgic black falcon castle look. Good choice with the sand green tiles, they look very nice as well.

Great build! 

Also, love the fleshie falcons. :laugh:

Nice to see all your builds coming together.  Are you going to combine everything into one big build?  

12 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Wow, pantelis! Just when I thought your builds couldn't get any better, you show us this beauty! :pir-love:

Your detailing is impeccable, and you definitely did a great job hitting that nostalgic black falcon castle look. Good choice with the sand green tiles, they look very nice as well.

Great build! 

Also, love the fleshie falcons. :laugh:

Thank you very much my pirate mate for this..iam glad you enjoy the build and you see this details.

Thank you and for the fleshie falcons...:classic:

10 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

This is amazing, and very IDEAS worthy, even if LEGO likely would scale it down.

thank you for your great feedback.i am glad you enjoy the build..i hope lego give as soon some good castle theme again!!

6 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Nice to see all your builds coming together.  Are you going to combine everything into one big build?  

thank you once more zoth33 for your comment..the idea i have is that i will make more builds for this. maybe some parts for another change of this castle and be playable as this.

in my mind its something like the idea to build and add something new again and again..

I cannot see any connection points. Are you just standing the separate modules together without any connection between them? Using some technic bricks plus pins in standardised places might make it even more modular like.

12 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Love the vibe it has going, those trees with yellow leaves really add up to it, good job!

Thank you very much for this!!

12 hours ago, jtooker said:

Great execution on this idea.  The style fits your scale well and is consistent.

iam very glad you enjoy the build jtooker!!

9 minutes ago, MAB said:

I cannot see any connection points. Are you just standing the separate modules together without any connection between them? Using some technic bricks plus pins in standardised places might make it even more modular like.

the seperate parts connected if you see to the 7 photo with gap between the slope bricks.

because the base of ths walls if you notice the parts dont drope down exept if i put them out of the build.

But yes some modifide bricks with some pins could be better.

1 hour ago, pantelis said:

the seperate parts connected if you see to the 7 photo with gap between the slope bricks.

because the base of ths walls if you notice the parts dont drope down exept if i put them out of the build.

But yes some modifide bricks with some pins could be better.

Yes, I see it now, I hadn't noticed those gaps as obvious connection points.