Sign in to follow this  
FlyChicken

[MOC ] Holly and The Tall James Tyde

Hi, 

I found couple of old photos I used for my novel, it's Holly, the ship of the pirate and main character called Tall James Tyde.

Today I see a couple of mistakes and ideas for better installment, but I think it's still a solid build.

Sorry fo the quality, I did not have a better camera back in the day.

(Here is a quick translation into english from the novel's prologue:

It was supposed to be 2 years. Two years in the army after recruitment, so you could become the citizien with all benefits. The first year of training in the regional camp and the second nicely in the warm of the garrison in the capital. This would ensure a sufficient supply of recruits and garrisonmembers in the case of a threat to the capital. But during the war in the colonies, everything changed. Two years became to be five. A year in the area, then on the island of Mart and 3 years in the colonies. The government needed all the power the kingdom could offer. Only this way could Aurelia compete with the Dartwall in the colonies. Of course, other powers had interests in the tropics as well, but Aurelia and Dartwall were the strongest rivals.
The colonies offered power and wealth to all who set out for them. But the reason the king recruited so many new forces was, that your hopes of returning were limited to one in ten.
There were ways to avoid it. Of course. Redeem yourself with gold or increase your chances of survival and better treatment by an officer's school. However, both were beyond the reach of the lower classes. And so while the nobility bathed by the fireplace in the treasures of the western islands, the sons of workers and merchants laid down their lives there. "For the king and his family." Only a few recruits from the lower ranks were lucky and were accepted to the officer's school. James Tyde was among them. But bribing officials was not a cheap affair. His mother gave up the town house and most of the property. To get her son home one day. Alive and well. But back then she had no idea, that Roger James Tyde would never return to Koss…)

50381878472_d7da731a93_z.jpg

50381002548_c741d7ba7f.jpg

More on my Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/190332733@N05/50381882182/in/dateposted-public/