Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Three

44 minutes ago, Pandora said:

I'd like to look at the luggage labels to see who else all this luggage belongs to.

"Arthur @Waterbrick Down, do you know why this luggage is here and not in people's quarters? It seems odd to have to travel separated from one's luggage."

"It more for excess luggage. Everyone's rooms only have so much closet space."

Arthur looks for any tools that might have been used to access the wiring.

26 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

"Oh, they're in my other coveralls, so you already have them. :hmpf_bad: "

"Well that's worked out for the best, hasn't it then? I can now now help with Ezra's evacuation to a place of hopeful safety, without spewing that excellent meal Mr Baker cooked absolutely everywhere, and without giving dear Arthur a whole lot of mess to mop up."

Charlotte smiles genuinely at Gabriella, as if everything has come to a logical conclusion, before pulling the coveralls on over her clothes and donning the gloves to prepare to move Ezra.

3 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Yes, but who has that much luggage?!"

5 minutes ago, Pandora said:

"Well that's worked out for the best, hasn't it then? I can now now help with Ezra's evacuation to a place of hopeful safety, without spewing that excellent meal Mr Baker cooked absolutely everywhere, and without giving dear Arthur a whole lot of mess to mop up."

Charlotte smiles genuinely at Gabriella, as if everything has come to a logical conclusion, before pulling the coveralls on over her clothes and donning the gloves to prepare to move Ezra.

Gabriella can't help but like Charlotte...a little.

"Well, if I'd have known you'd look better in them than me, I never would've let you have them. Thanks for helping us out with the investigation. It's refreshing to see a politician who's willing to get their hands dirty. Or rather, their stolen engineer equipment dirty."

5 hours ago, Pandora said:

"I'm more than happy to help, but there's an awful lot of blood around his head and if I have to touch his bloodied scalp with my bare hands I might throw up. We must get this poor man to somewhere where his injuries can be properly tended, though."

"Wha- are you serio- grrrrrr. Someone who's not a little b*tch give Charlie a hand over here, I got my hands tied right now bandaging the bloke's head!" 

5 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Captain, @Shadows , I believe you should hold that list of launch codes. I imagine any crew member can override the launch in case of emergency, but anyway... After we got the drive back online, I implemented another security measure on the escape pods. If you hold the launch codes, and I control the other thing, then it's much safer knowing that it would take the two of us together to launch any escape pods."

"I hope the launch codes aren't all 12345." *glances at codes* "Son of a ... I'm kidding, of course. Yep, kidding." :look:

"No, really."

"This little 'accident' involving the luggage seems awfully convenient. It will also raise our insurance rates outrageously,. so let's investigate carefully before jumping to any conclusions."

"Although I am handcuffed, I can still help the search"

Emily bends over and peers at the luggage, looking for blood stains and fingerprints.

8 hours ago, Pandora said:

I'd like to look at the luggage labels to see who else all this luggage belongs to. Charlotte looks around the luggage area for a pair of gloves to wear so she can help

The luggage belongs to most of the people on the ship, including some of the crew. 

12 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to wrap a bandage from the med kit around Ezra's head as soon as possible to stop any further bleeding

The author is successful at doing doctoring.

12 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Could I examine the other personal items for anything of interest

There's nothing of much interest in the refrigerated section.

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

It appears that Ezra was attempting to manipulate the wiring by hand without any tools.

2 hours ago, jimmynick said:

"Although I am handcuffed, I can still help the search"

Emily bends over and peers at the luggage, looking for blood stains and fingerprints.

Emily can't find anymore blood stains on the rest of the luggage.

12 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I’ll help with that. Charlie bends down and grabs hold of Ezra’s ankles. “I’m going to need someone to hold Ezra’s head so we can carry him safely to the sickbay”

I'd Like to help Charlie carry Ezra to sickbay

"Were there multiple pairs of handcuffs? If so, we should handcuff Ezra to the bed in sick bay. Is there a sick bay on the map?"

"I also feel like we're missing something in here. There's something we haven't explored thoroughly enough yet..."

2 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Were there multiple pairs of handcuffs? If so, we should handcuff Ezra to the bed in sick bay. Is there a sick bay on the map?"

"Do you see a sick bay on the map? Anyone who looks like Bernie Kopell? That said, we do have another set of cuffs and I'll attach him wherever we put him, but I also think that might require us to leave a guard on him, since we don't know if his injuries were an accident or an attempt at another murder. As a result, I say we find somewhere on the bridge to put him and let the bridge crew watch him. But what if they're the killer? Well, that would narrow things down a lot, wouldn't it?"

"Maybe the exercise room? We could fashion a weight bench as a hospital bed and maybe Dr. Frost can set his equipment...or whatever...up there."

22 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Well, if I'd have known you'd look better in them than me, I never would've let you have them."

Charlotte blushes deeply and turns away muttering, clearly flustered.

"Well, I mean, I don't know about that, but it's awfully nice of you to uhm...." :blush:

18 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Wha- are you serio- grrrrrr. Someone who's not a little b*tch give Charlie a hand over here, I got my hands tied right now bandaging the bloke's head!" 

Fortunately a distraction provides itself.

"Now now Mr Hudson, it is unfair to call me such a name just because I have no desire to have blood on my hands. We can't all be brave around such gory things like Dr Frost, and the important thing is that I am finding a way to work with my weaknesses. Nobody should be persecuted for that. So, I have said I will help and thus I will help, but now I shall do so without accidentally redecorating the carpeting."

10 hours ago, Shadows said:

"I say we find somewhere on the bridge to put him and let the bridge crew watch him. But what if they're the killer? Well, that would narrow things down a lot, wouldn't it?"

"I think this might be the best plan, Captain. We need to have somebody watch over him, to make sure he doesn't die from his injuries, isn't killed by a murderer and doesn't escape and try to murder one of us. I believe we should all stick together, so having Mr Falcon and Mr Foster watch Mr Parry is probably the best approach."

14 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"I also feel like we're missing something in here. There's something we haven't explored thoroughly enough yet..."

There’s no sickbay. 

11 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur looks to see if any other luggage was disturbed or if everything seems secure.

No other luggage seems to be disturbed that you can tell. 

On 10/5/2020 at 6:39 AM, Bob said:

The folder contains a few papers, one of which is a set of coordinates, the other paper appears to be the escape pod override launch codes.

I'd like to enter the coordinates into my personal comm terminal to see where they lead.

I'd also like to examine any of the crates to see if there's anything of interest there.

"It seems like Ezra was trying to escape before Alfie was murdered. Why was he attempting to leave the ship? Hopefully these coordinates will tell us where he was planning to go."

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

I'd like to enter the coordinates into my personal comm terminal to see where they lead.

I'd also like to examine any of the crates to see if there's anything of interest there.

"It seems like Ezra was trying to escape before Alfie was murdered. Why was he attempting to leave the ship? Hopefully these coordinates will tell us where he was planning to go."

"It's either that or after the murder and he somehow escaped us while we were investigating their rooms. If it was before, I'm not sure why he didn't contact me to simply fetch the luggage for him..."

7 hours ago, Hinckley said:

The crates have keypad locks on them. Blue Star will often offer to transit goods for other companies. Nobody on the ship would likely know the passcode to unlock it. The coordinates seem to be a few days travel behind us as well, from the best you can determine. 

3 hours ago, Bob said:

The crates have keypad locks on them. Blue Star will often offer to transit goods for other companies. Nobody on the ship would likely know the passcode to unlock it. The coordinates seem to be a few days travel behind us as well, from the best you can determine. 

":hmpf: It takes so long to get anything done."

I'd like to check the ship's system to access the passage of the ship to see what was the nearest star system to the ship around midnight three days ago.

6 hours ago, Hinckley said:

":hmpf: It takes so long to get anything done."

I'd like to check the ship's system to access the passage of the ship to see what was the nearest star system to the ship around midnight three days ago.

The nearest star system is Earth, as the Excelsior will reach its halfway point between the Sol System and the Alpha Centauri system very soon. It appears that the coordinates are in open space. 

7 hours ago, Bob said:

The nearest star system is Earth, as the Excelsior will reach its halfway point between the Sol System and the Alpha Centauri system very soon. It appears that the coordinates are in open space. 

I'd like to check the ship's sensors to see if it can determine if another vessel has been near our ship.

"That would explain why he wanted the drive shut down. Maybe he's just clumsy and pulled the suitcase onto his head. How hard do you think it would be to create a fingerprint kit? All we need is some dark dust and ink. Does anybody have that on them? And a make-up brush. We could probably do it with some blush and eye shadow! We cordoned off the terminal that was used in the drive shutdown (at least that's what I was told. I didn't see evidence of it when we were in Engineering.) While he's unconscious, I suggest we use a makeup kit to dust the fingerprints on the engineering terminal and take fingerprints from Ezra."

Do I own a makeup kit?

55 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

How hard do you think it would be to create a fingerprint kit? All we need is some dark dust and ink.

"This is apparently a ship full of retro writing enthusiasts. We could crush up some pencil lead and I'm sure there is a pen full of ink around. Maybe someone has some tape or a glue stick. It's like the kids are going back to school or something."

3 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I'd like to check the ship's sensors to see if it can determine if another vessel has been near our ship.

"That would explain why he wanted the drive shut down. Maybe he's just clumsy and pulled the suitcase onto his head. How hard do you think it would be to create a fingerprint kit? All we need is some dark dust and ink. Does anybody have that on them? And a make-up brush. We could probably do it with some blush and eye shadow! We cordoned off the terminal that was used in the drive shutdown (at least that's what I was told. I didn't see evidence of it when we were in Engineering.) While he's unconscious, I suggest we use a makeup kit to dust the fingerprints on the engineering terminal and take fingerprints from Ezra."

Do I own a makeup kit?

The ship's sensors aren't too accurate, however, checking the logs from around the time of the incident, you see there was a vessel near the ship. It's unknown the make and model of it, but you can tell it's FTL capable.

I think it's possible to make your own, you do own a makeup kit.