Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Three

Presuming we're going up to storage now...The door to the storage room is locked, however it does appear tampered with. 

41 minutes ago, Bob said:

Presuming we're going up to storage now...The door to the storage room is locked, however it does appear tampered with. 

“Not a good sign.” If Arthur can Unlock and open the door without disturbing the tampering he does so and looks inside. If not he looks at what sort of tampering was used, i.e. blunt force, a laser cutter, etc.

Puts back against wall next to the door, puts hands together near face to make finger gun

"MFer is totally in there right? Any precautions we should take?"

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

“Not a good sign.” If Arthur can Unlock and open the door without disturbing the tampering he does so and looks inside. If not he looks at what sort of tampering was used, i.e. blunt force, a laser cutter, etc.

Arthur can use his keycard to open the door. It would appear that the tampering was brute force. Someone had taken the console off and rerouted the wiring. 

1 hour ago, Trekkie99 said:

Puts back against wall next to the door, puts hands together near face to make finger gun

"MFer is totally in there right? Any precautions we should take?"

Oliver gets ready to do a classic breach and clear.

The storage room itself is not necessarily large. It seems to be packed full of luggage in neatly lined up rows. There's a refrigerated storage section on one of the walls and elsewhere there's an abundance of boxes and crates. There's locked storage crates with keypads as well as ordinary suitcases in what seems to be a very organized system. There's also what appears to be a person face down about a dozen feet into the room next to one of the shelves. Some luggage is on the floor next to the body. It's slightly dark inside the storage room - some of the lights don't appear to be working. There's an open power conduit as soon as you walk into the room with some exposed wiring. 

(Sorry, no wide/overview picture for this one.) 

I would like to put on my Engineering gloves and check the pulse of the person on the floor.

I'd like to inspect the luggage on the floor next to the body, and open it if possible using the bodies fingerprint

19 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

I would like to put on my Engineering gloves and check the pulse of the person on the floor.

The person does indeed have a pulse. It's Ezra Parry.

Just now, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to inspect the luggage on the floor next to the body, and open it if possible using the bodies fingerprint

The luggage doesn't have a fingerprint scanner. 

I would like to inspect Ezra, visually, to see if I can learn why he's unconscious.

"Oi Ezra!!! Wut appened kid you luggage fall on ya?! Why'd ya break in you could just asked!! Oi ya like Emily?! She cute right?! How'd ya like to be cuffed with her?! Sounds like a good deal to me!!"

12 minutes ago, Bob said:

The luggage doesn't have a fingerprint scanner. 

I'd like to inspect the luggage to see how they could be opened, and if they have tags on them indicating who they belong to.

48 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

I would like to inspect Ezra, visually, to see if I can learn why he's unconscious.

Ezra seems to have been knocked on the head quite hard by that piece of luggage next to him. There's blood on the edge of it. He seems to have been knocked out for the past few days.

36 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Oi Ezra!!! Wut appened kid you luggage fall on ya?! Why'd ya break in you could just asked!! Oi ya like Emily?! She cute right?! How'd ya like to be cuffed with her?! Sounds like a good deal to me!!"

I'd like to inspect the luggage to see how they could be opened, and if they have tags on them indicating who they belong to.

The luggage can be opened easily. It seems to belong to Ezra. There's not much in there except for a folder and a few random stationary items. 

Just now, Tariq j said:

I’d like to inexpert inside the refrigerated storage section on the wall.

Inside the refrigerated section there's some food and personal items, including organic samples that Charlie packed to bring with him for study.

"Captain, I believe those medical supplies would be useful."

Arthur inspects the open conduit panel inside the room trying to tell what it accesses.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

There's not much in there except for a folder and a few random stationary items. 

I'd like to inspect the folder's contents and stationary items

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

Ezra seems to have been knocked on the head quite hard by that piece of luggage next to him. There's blood on the edge of it. He seems to have been knocked out for the past few days.

"Dear Lord! How long have we been here? I thought we saw him yesterday! Arthur, can I have another martini, please? Thank you. *hic* "

I'd like to attempt to pour some water in Ezra's mouth since he must be close to death from dehydration.

28 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

"Dear Lord! How long have we been here? I thought we saw him yesterday! Arthur, can I have another martini, please? Thank you. *hic* "

I'd like to attempt to pour some water in Ezra's mouth since he must be close to death from dehydration.

"Do we have water on this vessel, or only alcohol," Arthur wonders.

9 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Do we have water on this vessel, or only alcohol," Arthur wonders.

"Is there booze in the tap?" 

Seeing the inanimate body about to be poked and turned, I jump ahead.

"Don't move him, please... Let me have a look first, he might have a broken neck. Moving him will be end of him.

Can you please bring those medical supplies over here?"

I will perform a quick physical with whatever tools are available, and will try to wake him up.

24 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

"Don't move him, please... Let me have a look first, he might have a broken neck. Moving him will be end of him.

I will perform a quick physical with whatever tools are available, and will try to wake him up.

"Did I say anything about moving him or poking him, you grumpy old coot? No! I put gloves on and checked his pulse. Now I'm trying to pour water in his mouth. Don't accuse me of trying to do something I'm not and don't mansplain a crime scene to me."

Gabriella glares at Dr. Frost.

22 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

"Did I say anything about moving him or poking him, you grumpy old coot? No! I put gloves on and checked his pulse. Now I'm trying to pour water in his mouth. Don't accuse me of trying to do something I'm not and don't mansplain a crime scene to me." 

Gabriella glares at Dr. Frost. 

Frost shrugs and points at the body.

"Show me how you're going to hydrate him without moving him, given that he's lying face down."

58 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

Frost shrugs and points at the body.

"Show me how you're going to hydrate him without moving him, given that he's lying face down."

Gabriella procures a flat disc fountain.

9 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Captain, I believe those medical supplies would be useful."

Arthur inspects the open conduit panel inside the room trying to tell what it accesses.

The panel accesses the lights for the room as well as some of the door controls. It seems that the lights go on automatically when the door is opened with a keycard, but since it was forced open, the lights didn’t go on straight away. 

8 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to inspect the folder's contents and stationary items

The folder contains a few papers, one of which is a set of coordinates, the other paper appears to be the escape pod override launch codes. 

8 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Gabriella makes sure to roll Ezra into his side before giving him some water. 

7 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Doctor Frost does a quick examination of Ezra, assisted by the emergency kit that he took from the bridge. Ezra appears to be suffering greatly from the injury, and does not seem to have motor control. He seems to have been drifting in and out of consciousness since he was whacked by the luggage. At the moment, it seems he’s unconscious. There’s blood on his head where the impact occurred, as well as on his hands and a bit on the floor near where he collapsed. It’s likely that without further medical attention he won’t make it. 

I'd like to wrap a bandage from the med kit around Ezra's head as soon as possible to stop any further bleeding

"Let's get this bloke to sickbay or whatever as soon as I'm done here alright? Someone put everything back into the luggage and keep it on ya aye? Need at least two people to carry him so get on that once I'm done here. Everyone else check anything of interest now and on the way out."

10 hours ago, Bob said:

Inside the refrigerated section there's some food and personal items, including organic samples that Charlie packed to bring with him for study.

“Oh yes, of course! I brought all that steak for Colin! Plus some bacterial Petri dishes”. 

Could I examine the other personal items for anything of interest

11 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to wrap a bandage from the med kit around Ezra's head as soon as possible to stop any further bleeding

"Let's get this bloke to sickbay or whatever as soon as I'm done here alright? Someone put everything back into the luggage and keep it on ya aye? Need at least two people to carry him so get on that once I'm done here. Everyone else check anything of interest now and on the way out."

I’ll help with that. Charlie bends down and grabs hold of Ezra’s ankles. “I’m going to need someone to hold Ezra’s head so we can carry him safely to the sickbay”

I'd like to look at the luggage labels to see who else all this luggage belongs to.

"Arthur @Waterbrick Down, do you know why this luggage is here and not in people's quarters? It seems odd to have to travel separated from one's luggage."

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I’ll help with that. Charlie bends down and grabs hold of Ezra’s ankles. “I’m going to need someone to hold Ezra’s head so we can carry him safely to the sickbay”

"I'm more than happy to help, but there's an awful lot of blood around his head and if I have to touch his bloodied scalp with my bare hands I might throw up. We must get this poor man to somewhere where his injuries can be properly tended, though."

Charlotte looks around the luggage area for a pair of gloves to wear so she can help

4 hours ago, Bob said:

The folder contains a few papers, one of which is a set of coordinates, the other paper appears to be the escape pod override launch codes.

"It appears, our dear Ezra, was attempting to escape the ship. Is that because he was fleeing someone? Or did he murder Alfie and attempt to escape. Since he was hit on the head by luggage, I would imagine he was poking around in here before the drive shut down."

"Captain, @Shadows , I believe you should hold that list of launch codes. I imagine any crew member can override the launch in case of emergency, but anyway... After we got the drive back online, I implemented another security measure on the escape pods. If you hold the launch codes, and I control the other thing, then it's much safer knowing that it would take the two of us together to launch any escape pods."

28 minutes ago, Pandora said:

Charlotte looks around the luggage area for a pair of gloves to wear so she can help

"I have a spare pair of engineer gloves for you."

Gabriella searches her coveralls for her spare gloves.

"Oh, they're in my other coveralls, so you already have them. :hmpf_bad: "