Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Three

Noah asks Pierce nicely for his key card and then scans the key card.

1 minute ago, Darkdragon said:

Overhearing.

"That's strange, it seems like the senior staff should have access to all of the locks on the ship. You can get into any guest room but not a simple closet? The security on this ship is just bizarre."

"I was going to whine about that too. I was under the impression that I could unlock every door on the ship, but apparently that doesn't include combo locks."

"Is there any significance to Jason and Pierce visiting each other's cabins?"

1 hour ago, Darkdragon said:

You can get into any guest room but not a simple closet?"

"I think sh*t's bout to go down."

58 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

"Yeah that too."

bangs fist closet

"Oi Ezra! Git ur filthy a*s out here!"

1 hour ago, Darkdragon said:

I'd like to scan my key card.

Once arriving to the bridge, i'd like to look under and around the navigation station chair for any clues or out of place items.

Sophie has been in her cabin. The navigation station has several emergency access conduits underneath it. The chair has been replaced after it had gone flying the other day. 

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

"Jason, Pierce, could one of you open this closet?" I am asking Jason or Pierce to open the damn closet.

4HM4d8q.jpg

"Sorry, only the captain has access to this lock. It's the security closet."

1 hour ago, Kristel said:

Noah asks Pierce nicely for his key card and then scans the key card.

Pierce has been in his quarters, as well as Jason's, and the bridge and engineering.

59 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

zNfe8Dd.jpg

"We've been in a relationship for months. Haven't you noticed?" 

4 hours ago, Bob said:

4HM4d8q.jpg

"Sorry, only the captain has access to this lock. It's the security closet."

"Ooh, closet. I'll open that!"

12 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

@Shadows "Captain, did you have any influence on the hiring of the crew, or was everyone assigned via the company?"

"No say at all, I just have to deal with what they send me."

"By the way, the security closet is not the lost and found, so no one will be putting their hands inside and grabbing things that aren't meant for you. As the only person aboard who is supposed to have access to it, I will be the one searching it. Naturally, you may all watch closely."

"So in conclusion, none of us knew really each other before this voyage..." Arthur scratches his head. "Once we get a look in the security closet, are we ready to head down to storage?"

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Once we get a look in the security closet, are we ready to head down to storage?"

"Sounds good to me mate."

On 9/15/2020 at 3:48 AM, Bob said:

George steals from the bar.

19 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"You're offering me a bottle that you stole from my private stash? :hmpf: Gee, thanks."

"My good madam! How gauche do you take me!

This was requisitioned from the bar, not your stash!"

15 hours ago, Shadows said:

"Ooh, closet. I'll open that!"

The locker is meant to be opened in the event of an emergency, and would appear to have been closed for quite some time. The locker has some ships' security equipment inside it, including two pairs of handcuffs and a stun weapon. It also has a few first aid kits as well as some other medical equipment that is slightly more advanced. 

Emily stuffs the stun weapon into her underwear in case she needs it later.

“Advanced medical equipment? I wonder what that means?”

33 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

Emily stuffs the stun weapon into her underwear in case she needs it later.

"Hand it over, immediately. That is not intended for you."

I take the stun weapon from Emily, who is lucky to not get shot with it immediately. I also take the handcuffs and a first aid kit for good measure.

17 hours ago, Shadows said:

"By the way, the security closet is not the lost and found, so no one will be putting their hands inside and grabbing things that aren't meant for you. As the only person aboard who is supposed to have access to it, I will be the one searching it. Naturally, you may all watch closely."

"I feel like I was so clear on this point that it makes me suspicious of Emily and her motives. She also seemed to be trying to establish that no one knows anyone else on this trip, which makes me wonder if maybe she did know someone and was trying to cover it."

"Do I need to remind everyone that it was this bitch who smashed evidence. Odd that she went straight for the teapot and smashed it and now went straight for the first weapon we've found. Captain, may I suggest we just handcuff her right now? If she's not guilty she's suffering some kind of episode of clinical stupidity."

"Do I need to remind everyone that it was this bitch who smashed evidence. Odd that she went straight for the teapot and smashed it and now went straight for the first weapon we've found. Captain, may I suggest we just handcuff her right now? If she's not guilty she's suffering some kind of episode of clinical stupidity."

"You know what, I think that's a fair point and a good idea. I'll let you do the honors." *hands Gabby a set of cuffs* "Do we have a brig? Maybe the security closet, since I'm the only one who can open it."

"Additionally, I must correct my earlier point, it was Arthur who tried to establish that no one knows anyone else, when clearly the murderer and victim had to, at the very least. So that's suspicious."

"Hey Emily, I made you a painting that you can show everyone so they'll think you're funny and want to be your friend. At least that's how I assume it works."

3 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Captain, may I suggest we just handcuff her right now?"

2 hours ago, Shadows said:

"You know what, I think that's a fair point and a good idea. I'll let you do the honors." *hands Gabby a set of cuffs* "Do we have a brig? Maybe the security closet."

4cgeyt.jpg

I'd like to scan my key card as well.

If there's nothing else to be done here, let's move to the storage room. We need to get to Ezra -- either he needs help, or he's hiding from us.

4 hours ago, Shadows said:

"You know what, I think that's a fair point and a good idea. I'll let you do the honors." *hands Gabby a set of cuffs* "Do we have a brig? Maybe the security closet, since I'm the only one who can open it."

"Additionally, I must correct my earlier point, it was Arthur who tried to establish that no one knows anyone else, when clearly the murderer and victim had to, at the very least. So that's suspicious."

"More than likely, but not necessarily, do we have a good understanding of who spoke with Mr. Parry yesterday? Perhaps he revealed some details of his work that someone found lucrative?"

"Did anyone happen to have any private conversations with Mr. Parry? The way I see it, if someone did know him and has been planning this whole escapade, that person would potentially have a poor alibi as to why they're on this ship in the first place. Perhaps we get statements from everyone as to why they're heading to Alpha Centuri?"

7 hours ago, Shadows said:

"Good choice, Captain. If you're going to deputize someone, choose the sociopath! As for a brig, I'm not sure it's necessary. Let's just handcuff her and bring her along."

I'd like to handcuff Emily's hands behind her back so she can't go grabbing whatever anymore.

"Good choice, Captain. If you're going to deputize someone, choose the sociopath! As for a brig, I'm not sure it's necessary. Let's just handcuff her and bring her along."

"I figure you're a good choice, you won't feel guilty about it and you just might have some fun at the same time. I wonder if we have a leash around here."

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Perhaps we get statements from everyone as to why they're heading to Alpha Centuri?"

"I'm heading there to capture some hopefully fantastic scenery with my brushes! Along with being the first artist to ever visit the planet, I plan on disappearing there for as long as I want so that by the time I return, people will think I came back from the dead! My paintings will sell for a fortune!"

"But this is all only just part of my plan to fullfill my life long dream: to generate enough frenzy and excitment that everyone in the world would run out to buy my new book documenting my journey which would accompany my return, only for it to be a Rick Roll flipbook." 

11 hours ago, Fugazi said:

I'd like to scan my key card as well.

If there's nothing else to be done here, let's move to the storage room. We need to get to Ezra -- either he needs help, or he's hiding from us.

Dr. Frost has been in his cabin.

7 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I'd like to handcuff Emily's hands behind her back so she can't go grabbing whatever anymore.

There's no brig on the ship, but Emily has been successfully handcuffed. 

21 minutes ago, Bob said:

There's no brig on the ship, but Emily has been successfully handcuffed. 

"And I have the stun weapon, so there will be no funny business. Seriously, Emily, what were you thinking? Destroying evidence, trying to openly steal a weapon from the security locker. What is your story?"

I'll have Colin walk behind and watch Emily... just in case she tries to do a runner.