Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Three

56 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Gabriella takes a sip of her martini, then spits it out.

"If Ezra is on the bridge, what the megabluck would he be doing there? He shouldn't even have access! Shouldn't we get there immediately to ensure he isn't killing Jason or Pierce?"

"Aye lassie!"

Vote to head to bridge

"Or should we check storage? Can we split into two groups?"

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Alfie's lifesigns are not detectable. It's actual signs of life, yes. You can't tell who the three people are, but considering there's three people missing from this room, it's a good chance he's one of them.

I think I'll look around the room and see who is missing, then say their names aloud, since we should probably be suspicious of them for being with the missing person.

"I have no problem with heading to the bridge after that, but it's hands in pockets for everyone, no touching my knobs without permission. And dinner. I have standards!"

9 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

Can we split into two groups?"

"Ok, Daphne and I will head upstairs, Velma, Scooby and you can check the basement. Seriously? You know what happens if people split up, why would you even suggest it???"

"If Mr. Peck was on the bridge, how would he have gotten in? As soon as the power came back on the security system would have been operational, correct? Which means he couldn't get through the door, unless he's some sort of hacker or he stole one of our key-cards. Plus if he were murdering Foster or Falcon, wouldn't the ship be going haywire right now? I vote we head for storage."

35 minutes ago, Shadows said:

I think I'll look around the room and see who is missing, then say their names aloud, since we should probably be suspicious of them for being with the missing person.

"Captain, Bennet, it's Falcon and Foster who are also missing. They're on the bridge."

"If Ezra isn't on the bridge, but is in that gigantic storage area, that's fine by me. I'd rather check the bridge to ensure that our fellow crew members are safe!"

"It sounds as though Ezra can do more damage on the bridge than he can in the storage room". I guess it best to go to the Bridge then Storage room.

11 hours ago, Hinckley said:

If we have time as we rush over to the bridge, and I assume we have like 24 hours, I'd like to scan every keycard to learn which doors which passenger opened and at what times.

Hey jerk, I’ve been busy with work :cry_sad: Anyway, you can indeed start to scan their keycards. You can ask each passenger to scan them either here or at the bridge security terminal.

10 hours ago, Shadows said:

After asking people not to touch her knob, Captain Bennett notes that Jason and Pierce are missing. The players are all here. 

1 hour ago, Trekkie99 said:

Steps into turbo lift

"Bridge."

You’re going to have to walk there, I’m afraid. 

I would like to raise the bridge on the nearest terminal and ask Jason and Pierce if Ezra is there with them.

On 9/28/2020 at 10:50 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur unpacks a small briefcase of a few nips and mixes the politician a mimosa. "Sorry more limited stock than usual"

Charlotte murmurs a sincere thanks, after all manners maketh woman.

On 9/28/2020 at 10:55 PM, Hinckley said:

"You know, you're being kind of an ass. I did all of that before anybody was murdered. I haven't broken into anyone's room or left weird things since the drive shut down. I'm not delusional, I'm a sociopath. And I was bored. It felt like we were in that lounge for a week and nothing was happening."

On hearing this Charlotte is glad to have a drink in her hand. 

"Are you f____ kidding me?" Charlotte still can't bring herself to swear out loud, but this is the closest she's been to that in a long time. "You, a crew member, have been accessing people's cabins without their consent and leaving strange gifts for your own amusement because you were bored? You're a self-confessed sociopath, and that's somehow supposed to make us feel better?? You've got to be kidding me... " Charlotte trails off shaking her head in disappointment and disbelief.

On 9/28/2020 at 11:49 PM, Bob said:

There's also a change of uniform for Gabriella, an emergency radiation suit, and some fashionable engineers overalls.

Before we go anywhere, I'd like to check the pockets of Gabriella's spare uniform and take the fashionable engineers overalls to potentially change into when an opportunity to do so whilst maintaining modesty presents itself.

"Well, it looks like we're headed to the front of the ship to find Mr Parry. So the bridge and storage are at the front? Just want to make sure we're not making a wrong assumption here."

13 minutes ago, Pandora said:

"Are you f____ kidding me?" Charlotte still can't bring herself to swear out loud, but this is the closest she's been to that in a long time. "You, a crew member, have been accessing people's cabins without their consent and leaving strange gifts for your own amusement because you were bored? You're a self-confessed sociopath, and that's somehow supposed to make us feel better?? You've got to be kidding me... " Charlotte trails off shaking her head in disappointment and disbelief.

"If you're losing it over me leaving the Captain's biography and a Marvin the Martian plushie in people's rooms, it doesn't sound like you're in touch enough with people's real problems to be a lawmaker. Perhaps being at the top for too long has left you out of touch with your constituents. Not to mention, it's never a good idea to provoke a sociopath. I might leave a plushie in your medicine cabinet. :hmpf:"

30 minutes ago, Pandora said:

Before we go anywhere, I'd like to check the pockets of Gabriella's spare uniform and take the fashionable engineers overalls to potentially change into when an opportunity to do so whilst maintaining modesty presents itself.

"Typically, people ask before they go taking someone else's clothes. Or do you think I'm some sort of handmaid for you? :hmpf:"

Gabriella sips her martini while side-eyeing Charlotte.

I would like to take my coveralls back and anything Charlotte found while digging through the pockets.

On 9/28/2020 at 6:50 PM, Hinckley said:

As I'm sure you all know, the FTL drive is a helical drive. Elecromagnets fire particles at each other so it operates much like a particle collider, harnessing that energy to propel us through space without the need for fuel.

"Do we get any exotic decays in this process? What energies are we talking about here?"

Emily is offended to hear that the staff have been accessing passengers' rooms without authorization. "Arthur, you're the sort of PR person here, aren't you? I wish to make a complaint."

Emily scans her key card on the terminal in engineering.

5 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

"If you're losing it over me leaving the Captain's biography and a Marvin the Martian plushie in people's rooms, it doesn't sound like you're in touch enough with people's real problems to be a lawmaker. Perhaps being at the top for too long has left you out of touch with your constituents. Not to mention, it's never a good idea to provoke a sociopath. I might leave a plushie in your medicine cabinet. :hmpf:"

"Typically, people ask before they go taking someone else's clothes. Or do you think I'm some sort of handmaid for you? :hmpf:"

Gabriella sips her martini while side-eyeing Charlotte.

I would like to take my coveralls back and anything Charlotte found while digging through the pockets.

"If you think that 'people's real problems' are the need to violate others' privacy for a joke, you are deeply misguided."

Charlotte holds onto the overalls.

"I haven't taken your change of uniform, that we know is yours because it is identified as 'Gabriella's change of uniform', I have taken the overalls that clearly do not belong to anybody, because they are not identified as belonging to anybody. And no, I don't think you're a handmaid for crying out loud, I think you're the goddamn engineer and I wouldn't want you or anyone else for a handmaid even if you were one. I can see why you're not on the people-fronted side of the staff."

3 minutes ago, Pandora said:

"If you think that 'people's real problems' are the need to violate others' privacy for a joke, you are deeply misguided."

"I haven't taken your change of uniform, that we know is yours because it is identified as 'Gabriella's change of uniform', I have taken the overalls that clearly do not belong to anybody, because they are not identified as belonging to anybody. And no, I don't think you're a handmaid for crying out loud, I think you're the goddamn engineer and I wouldn't want you or anyone else for a handmaid even if you were one. I can see why you're not on the people-fronted side of the staff."

"I think you'll find the coveralls are exactly my size. It's easy to tell just by looking at them actually, since we're all not the exact same body shape. Being the only Engineer on the ship, I think it's obvious to everyone that the engineering coveralls are mine. But go ahead and keep them. If you think it's sociopathic to leave things in people's rooms, I'd like to point out that I haven't stolen anything from anybody. Perhaps you don't see what you're doing as stealing, but that's most likely just the entitlement you feeling from having the power of public office for so many years. Don't worry, I don't blame you. Power always goes to people's heads."

"Honestly, did any of you think that I, of all people, when given access to everyone's room wouldn't choose to fuck with people? I suggest you all stop clutching your pearls about it and move on."

Gabriella finishes off her martini.

"Arthur, dear, could you please mix me another? Feel free to use my private stash since running back and forth to the lounge seems silly. Also, I'm willing to share. Isn't that nice and non-sociopathic of me? If any of you had extra booze on you, I wouldn't steal it from you then claim it must belong to anybody. Just saying... :hmpf_bad: "

Just now, Hinckley said:

"I think you'll find the coveralls are exactly my size. It's easy to tell just by looking at them actually, since we're all not the exact same body shape. Being the only Engineer on the ship, I think it's obvious to everyone that the engineering coveralls are mine. But go ahead and keep them. If you think it's sociopathic to leave things in people's rooms, I'd like to point out that I haven't stolen anything from anybody. Perhaps you don't see what you're doing as stealing, but that's most likely just the entitlement you feeling from having the power of public office for so many years. Don't worry, I don't blame you. Power always goes to people's heads."

"Honestly, did any of you think that I, of all people, when given access to everyone's room wouldn't choose to fuck with people? I suggest you all stop clutching your pearls about it and move on."

Gabriella finishes off her martini.

"Arthur, dear, could you please mix me another? Feel free to use my private stash since running back and forth to the lounge seems silly. Also, I'm willing to share. Isn't that nice and non-sociopathic of me? If any of you had extra booze on you, I wouldn't steal it from you then claim it must belong to anybody. Just saying... :hmpf_bad: "

"Madam, you have grotesquely missed the point that you violated peoples' privacy in your actions. I don't care a whit for the damn overalls, which have not been described, nor has anyone's body shape. You might think things obvious, but that is your problem, not mine. Stop trying to tell us you're a sociopath and how you'd clearly, definitely mess with people, and then try and have us believe you're a caring and sharing sort. Whatever the cause of your erratic behaviour, I worry that you are the one responsible for keeping the engines running to get to Alpha Centauri."

9 minutes ago, Pandora said:

"Madam, you have grotesquely missed the point that you violated peoples' privacy in your actions. I don't care a whit for the damn overalls, which have not been described, nor has anyone's body shape. You might think things obvious, but that is your problem, not mine. Stop trying to tell us you're a sociopath and how you'd clearly, definitely mess with people, and then try and have us believe you're a caring and sharing sort. Whatever the cause of your erratic behaviour, I worry that you are the one responsible for keeping the engines running to get to Alpha Centauri."

"Blah blah blah blah blah. I hate people but I love my engine. I would never do anything to hurt her. And as much as I hate people, I don't think anybody deserves to be murdered. I've been very proactive in trying to get to the bottom of this. I've been given the most information out of anybody and I shared it all with you...eventually. Minus a couple of things. But those are only fail-safes I triggered in case anybody tries to mess with the systems further or attempts to escape. Telling you what I've done would only clue the culprit into how to get around it."

"I was told there would be scratching and clawing. I was even going to offer some of my personal stash of hot oil if things got going properly. This was lame. Try harder, ladies."

20 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Captain, Bennet, it's Falcon and Foster who are also missing. They're on the bridge."

"I'm kind of unclear on this. Shouldn't they be on the bridge? Why are we treating any of the crew as missing when they have jobs to do and should be in those places? We can't all violate the privacy of the guests and then stand around drinking martinis all day."

5 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I would like to raise the bridge on the nearest terminal and ask Jason and Pierce if Ezra is there with them.

zNfe8Dd.jpg

"No Ezra here!" 

4 hours ago, Pandora said:

There's nothing too obvious in the pockets other than some various engineering related bits and bobs.

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Gabriella tries to take the items back.

4 hours ago, Pandora said:

Charlotte attempts to hold on to it. It looks like there could be a situation here.

4 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Emily scans her key card on the terminal in engineering.

Emily scans her card - it says she's used her card for her cabin.

If you're almost done arguing, you can head to the bridge.

37 minutes ago, Bob said:

If you're almost done arguing, you can head to the bridge.

"Aye!" Let's be on our way."

I must say lassie, I can't decide whether you're a sociopath, or someone suffering from ASPD who listens to too many daily affirmations."

92QO55o.jpg

YquHqvM.jpg

Welcome to the bridge. Don't touch the captain's knob.

I would like to check the sensors for life signs again.

"Is someone planning to blow up the moon?"

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Emily scans her card - it says she's used her card for her cabin.

"There! I never invaded anyone's room!"

Emily looks around the bridge and wonders.

Emily looks inside the closet, which Pierce is standing by in the second picture.