Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Three

3 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to check the command line terminal history for anything noteworthy after the computer's been logged onto

"Wonder if the bloke was smart enough to use "history -c" lol."

"I did all of that. The data was manipulated."

"These stairs are so dusty, doesn't this ship have a cleaning crew? Maybe someone dropped something useful trying to get up or down these in the dark though."

I will go behind/under the stairs to look for any clues.

"OK, I'll try to explain what I've already done in here. I came directly here once the power went out and the ship lurched into standard propulsion. It didn't take long to get the FTL drive back online. It is relatively simple to maintain, which is why I'm the only Engineer on board. I don't want to be too specific about how it works since someone on board has already sabotaged it and the more they know, the more likely they are to be able to do something again. If we get closer to finding Alfie's killer, they may try to sabotage the ship again and escape. But, don't worry. I think I put something in place to alert us to any such activity, though I won't specifically say what :blush:."

Gabriella takes a sip of her martini.

"As I'm sure you all know, the FTL drive is a helical drive. Elecromagnets fire particles at each other so it operates much like a particle collider, harnessing that energy to propel us through space without the need for fuel. The grease comes from keeping the mechanisms that aim the magnets. When the drive is reset, the mechanisms need to be reset and that's how I ended up with all of the grease on me. Once the drive was back up, I was able to turn the other systems back on, which is when I realized the life support systems hadn't been manipulated, but all of our security sensor systems had, including lights and door locks. Re-booting those systems is simple with the right access. Once the security system was back up, I tried to access what data I could regarding who was in here before the shutdown and who was in here afterwards. One individual was in here before the shutdown and afterwards there were four. I was one of them, and I was soon joined by Captain Bennett. Falcon and Foster joined us soon after, accounting for the four individuals to access this room after the shutdown. Since this is not a Naval vessel, the sensor data does not identify individuals. Our security practices don't currently require identification in our sensors. I can only determine how many individuals are on the ship at a given time and where they are."

Gabriella slaps herself in the hair bagel and goes to the security terminal.

"Oh duh! Why didn't I think of this earlier?"

I would like to check the ship's sensors to determine where Ezra Parry is. Or rather, due to the security's limited capabilities, how many people are in each room?

" :blush: Anyway, I attempted to access the keystroke data, but it has been erased. I tried to figure out how the perpetrator erased the keystroke data, but found several indicators that sensor data had been manipulated, so whoever did this has knowledge about a ship's security systems, which is why my endeavor to build a friendship with Arthur is on hold. As for the monitors and buttons. Most of these terminals are system terminals for the ship. While the drive is incredibly sophisticated, it doesn't take very much to operate it. The screen here monitors the collider feeding sensor information to all of these dials which monitor the operation for safety. This board with the dials is ensuring that the drive is operating within the safety limits of such a potentially violent process. If there's any information you'd like me to get from any of the system monitors, just ask."

Gabriella takes a self-conscious sip of her martini.

"Any questions?"

3 hours ago, Pandora said:

"Hmmm, there's a distinct lack of Mr Parry in here as well. Some of you don't seem at all bothered about finding him, but of course we had to come here because of Emily's 'dream' or whatever it was. "

"I am not and I'm beginning to wonder if his disappearance is somehow related to all of this, seems to correlate too well to be coincidental."

2 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"I did all of that. The data was manipulated."

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

"OK, I'll try to explain what I've already done in here. I came directly here once the power went out and the ship lurched into standard propulsion. It didn't take long to get the FTL drive back online. It is relatively simple to maintain, which is why I'm the only Engineer on board. I don't want to be too specific about how it works since someone on board has already sabotaged it and the more they know, the more likely they are to be able to do something again. If we get closer to finding Alfie's killer, they may try to sabotage the ship again and escape. But, don't worry. I think I put something in place to alert us to any such activity, though I won't specifically say what :blush:."

Gabriella takes a sip of her martini.

"As I'm sure you all know, the FTL drive is a helical drive. Elecromagnets fire particles at each other so it operates much like a particle collider, harnessing that energy to propel us through space without the need for fuel. The grease comes from keeping the mechanisms that aim the magnets. When the drive is reset, the mechanisms need to be reset and that's how I ended up with all of the grease on me. Once the drive was back up, I was able to turn the other systems back on, which is when I realized the life support systems hadn't been manipulated, but all of our security sensor systems had, including lights and door locks. Re-booting those systems is simple with the right access. Once the security system was back up, I tried to access what data I could regarding who was in here before the shutdown and who was in here afterwards. One individual was in here before the shutdown and afterwards there were four. I was one of them, and I was soon joined by Captain Bennett. Falcon and Foster joined us soon after, accounting for the four individuals to access this room after the shutdown. Since this is not a Naval vessel, the sensor data does not identify individuals. Our security practices don't currently require identification in our sensors. I can only determine how many individuals are on the ship at a given time and where they are."

Gabriella slaps herself in the hair bagel and goes to the security terminal.

"Oh duh! Why didn't I think of this earlier?"

I would like to check the ship's sensors to determine where Ezra Parry is. Or rather, due to the security's limited capabilities, how many people are in each room?

" :blush: Anyway, I attempted to access the keystroke data, but it has been erased. I tried to figure out how the perpetrator erased the keystroke data, but found several indicators that sensor data had been manipulated, so whoever did this has knowledge about a ship's security systems, which is why my endeavor to build a friendship with Arthur is on hold. As for the monitors and buttons. Most of these terminals are system terminals for the ship. While the drive is incredibly sophisticated, it doesn't take very much to operate it. The screen here monitors the collider feeding sensor information to all of these dials which monitor the operation for safety. This board with the dials is ensuring that the drive is operating within the safety limits of such a potentially violent process. If there's any information you'd like me to get from any of the system monitors, just ask."

Gabriella takes a self-conscious sip of her martini.

"Any questions?"

Arthur looks at Gabby and nods his head in understanding as she mentions their relationship that went cold, "Ah, I see. Well, if there's some sort of info that I can provide to help assuage those fears, let me know. You mentioned something about key cards earlier, correct? Do we have any indication when the drive was shut down? I believe someone mentioned timing a walk between here and Mr. Peck's room and subsequently the lounge. If we're able to draft a time table, perhaps we'd be able to piece together everyone's movement with corresponding alibies."

Arthur looks to see if there are any trash cans in engineering and if so, if there's anything of note inside them.

26 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur looks at Gabby and nods his head in understanding as she mentions their relationship that went cold, "Ah, I see. Well, if there's some sort of info that I can provide to help assuage those fears, let me know. You mentioned something about key cards earlier, correct? Do we have any indication when the drive was shut down? I believe someone mentioned timing a walk between here and Mr. Peck's room and subsequently the lounge. If we're able to draft a time table, perhaps we'd be able to piece together everyone's movement with corresponding alibies."

Arthur looks to see if there are any trash cans in engineering and if so, if there's anything of note inside them.

I'm not a Gabby, Gabriella thinks to herself in response to Arthur's train of thought.

"You can assuage my fears by not being a murderer."

"As for the key cards, this was my original plan, though I had wanted to do it stealthily to keep information from everybody so that I could win the game. :blush: 1. We should check all of our key cards with the security terminal to assess who has accessed which doors and when. I was keeping the Captain's key card for myself to see if I could ascertain her activity, but I suppose it would be best if everyone had that information. Full disclosure, I have the same access the Captain and Arthur have, every room on the ship. As we're about to reveal who accessed whose room and when, I was the one who left the book in Oliver's room and the Marvin the Martian in Jack's medicine cabinet. As long as we're on the subject, how ignorant of pop culture are you? It's Marvin the Martian, not a demon:

81uAjWQ34RL._AC_SY741_.jpg

Honestly... :hmpf:

"2. Once I get my answer on how many people are in each room, I will try to ascertain who was where prior to the data being manipulated. The sensor data should be able to tell us how many people were in each room just prior to the drive being shut down or the sensor data was manipulated. Hopefully I can word the request in a way that will give us pertinent information."

"One point I would like to make is that the murderer is unlikely to be anyone who had access to every room. If one of us wanted to kill Alfie, we would've just used our keycard...although, if we wanted to do it without anyone knowing, we might shut down the ship's systems...although again, we would probably be able to manipulate the ship's sensor systems to temporarily not track our keys..."

Gabriella scratches her hair bagel and sips her martini.

3 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

I'm not a Gabby, Gabriella thinks to herself in response to Arthur's train of thought.

"You can assuage my fears by not being a murderer."

"As for the key cards, this was my original plan, though I had wanted to do it stealthily to keep information from everybody so that I could win the game. :blush: 1. We should check all of our key cards with the security terminal to assess who has accessed which doors and when. I was keeping the Captain's key card for myself to see if I could ascertain her activity, but I suppose it would be best if everyone had that information. Full disclosure, I have the same access the Captain and Arthur have, every room on the ship. As we're about to reveal who accessed whose room and when, I was the one who left the book in Oliver's room and the Marvin the Martian in Jack's medicine cabinet. As long as we're on the subject, how ignorant of pop culture are you? It's Marvin the Martian, not a demon:

Honestly... :hmpf:

"2. Once I get my answer on how many people are in each room, I will try to ascertain who was where prior to the data being manipulated. The sensor data should be able to tell us how many people were in each room just prior to the drive being shut down or the sensor data was manipulated. Hopefully I can word the request in a way that will give us pertinent information."

"You said it yourself, I've got access to the same rooms as the captain and yourself. If I wanted to murder anyone, I wouldn't need the security to be down to accomplish it. Here," Arthur hands the engineer his key card. "And if I may ask, why were you placing random items in passengers' rooms?"

11 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

how ignorant of pop culture are you?

"Right? It's almost like if someone didn't know Councilor Troi from the USS Enterprise D was a councilor and a girl." 

13 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

As for the key cards, this was my original plan, though I had wanted to do it stealthily to keep information from everybody so that I could win

"That seems rather selfish. I thought we were all trying to solve the mystery together. It's almost like you want to control all of the information so that nobody can find out you are the killer, especially with your pre-emptive telling everyone you hid items. I suppose that's because you are assuming (or know from asking computer) your name will pop up in those logs."

59 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I am not and I'm beginning to wonder if his disappearance is somehow related to all of this, seems to correlate too well to be coincidental."

"Well exactly, coupled with the fact that we've already found one corpse. His life may well be in danger for all we know!"

59 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I believe someone mentioned timing a walk between here and Mr. Peck's room and subsequently the lounge. If we're able to draft a time table, perhaps we'd be able to piece together everyone's movement with corresponding alibies."

On 9/17/2020 at 4:47 PM, Pandora said:

"Captain, you know this ship intimately, yes? How long would it take one to get from the bar to Mr Peck's quarters and back? And Gabby, from your computer logs, how long was the power shut down for?"

"That was me, Arthur. I asked the Captain and Gabby, but neither of them responded. In Gabriella's case perhaps it was because I called her Gabby. Or perhaps she just didn't want to share.  :hmpf_bad:"

23 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

"As for the key cards, this was my original plan, though I had wanted to do it stealthily to keep information from everybody so that I could win the game. :blush: 

I was the one who left the book in Oliver's room and the Marvin the Martian in Jack's medicine cabinet."

"Gabriella, you got away with stuffing evidence into your underwear, clearly a place no sane human would venture, but now you tell us you have been keeping secrets and leaving items in passenger's rooms! Despite the fact we're in crisis and the ship has already been sabotaged once requiring your engineering skills, you're also never without a martini it seems. Pull yourself together woman and start working with the rest of us before we all end up dead! Do you think this is some sort of game for goodness sake?!"

Charlotte tries very hard not to glare at Gabriella, but fails. 

"I need a goddamn drink" Charlotte takes a deep breath in "please"

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"And if I may ask, why were you placing random items in passengers' rooms?"

"Oh you know, just 'cuz I hate the passengers. Oliver is an artist. Pfft. :hmpf: Must be nice to draw stupid pictures and have people pay you millions of dollars for them. The book was just the first step. I was going to leave something there every night to make him believe the Captain was interested in him. You know, sexually?"

Gabriella waits for confirmation that she's understood, but people are just staring blankly at her, so she continues.

"As for Jack, his books are so self-aggrandizing. Why do we need all of his personal struggles about his planetary exploration? Tell me all the information about the planet without being pretentious and over-dramatic. So, I left a martian in his medicine cabinet because I found it humorous."

Gabriella finishes off her martini.

"Can you be a dear and make me another? You really know how to mix, I'll give you that. Damn."

1 hour ago, Darkdragon said:

"Right? It's almost like if someone didn't know Councilor Troi from the USS Enterprise D was a councilor and a girl."

"Right??? I mean, DUH!"

1 hour ago, Darkdragon said:

"That seems rather selfish. I thought we were all trying to solve the mystery together. It's almost like you want to control all of the information so that nobody can find out you are the killer, especially with your pre-emptive telling everyone you hid items. I suppose that's because you are assuming (or know from asking computer) your name will pop up in those logs."

Gabriella is so shocked at the accusation of being selfish that her mouth drops open and her hair bagels pops up like a question mark.

"It's not selfish. I just thought that since it's a game and the person who answers the most questions right wins, if I kept info to myself, or sneaked into people's rooms and left false evidence—which I haven't gotten around to yet—then I would get the most answers right, I would win. It's not selfish, it's a strategy. A strategy to make me win, so it's...self-centered, not selfish. Right?"

Gabriella fixes her hair bagel.

"As for being the killer, I might be. We all might be. The killer doesn't know they're the killer yet. At least, that's what I'm assuming about the setup...of life. My name, however, will not pop up in the logs. To make up for being self-centered, I'll share with everybody that I've learned the person who shut the FTL drive down was not me."

42 minutes ago, Pandora said:

"Gabriella, you got away with stuffing evidence into your underwear, clearly a place no sane human would venture, but now you tell us you have been keeping secrets and leaving items in passenger's rooms! Despite the fact we're in crisis and the ship has already been sabotaged once requiring your engineering skills, you're also never without a martini it seems. Pull yourself together woman and start working with the rest of us before we all end up dead! Do you think this is some sort of game for goodness sake?!"

Charlotte tries very hard not to glare at Gabriella, but fails. 

Gabriella smiles.

"Oh no, a politician doesn't like me. Whatever will I do? :hmpf: "

1 hour ago, Pandora said:

Arthur unpacks a small briefcase of a few nips and mixes the politician a mimosa. "Sorry more limited stock than usual"

4 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

"Oh you know, just 'cuz I hate the passengers. Oliver is an artist. Pfft. :hmpf: Must be nice to draw stupid pictures and have people pay you millions of dollars for them. The book was just the first step. I was going to leave something there every night to make him believe the Captain was interested in him. You know, sexually?"

Gabriella waits for confirmation that she's understood, but people are just staring blankly at her, so she continues.

"As for Jack, his books are so self-aggrandizing. Why do we need all of his personal struggles about his planetary exploration? Tell me all the information about the planet without being pretentious and over-dramatic. So, I left a martian in his medicine cabinet because I found it humorous."

"So you break into people's rooms for fun?"

13 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Gabriella finishes off her martini.

"Can you be a dear and make me another? You really know how to mix, I'll give you that. Damn."

"Why do I enable you?" Arthur mixes the drink.

14 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Gabriella is so shocked at the accusation of being selfish that her mouth drops open and her hair bagels pops up like a question mark.

"It's not selfish. I just thought that since it's a game and the person who answers the most questions right wins, if I kept info to myself, or sneaked into people's rooms and left false evidence—which I haven't gotten around to yet—then I would get the most answers right, I would win. It's not selfish, it's a strategy. A strategy to make me win, so it's...self-centered, not selfish. Right?"

"Genie, is this some sort of game to you? There's a man dead, another missing, are you delusional?"

16 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

"As for being the killer, I might be. We all might be. The killer doesn't know they're the killer yet. At least, that's what I'm assuming about the setup...of life. My name, however, will not pop up in the logs. To make up for being self-centered, I'll share with everybody that I've learned the person who shut the FTL drive down was not me."

"You're not making sense, what do you mean the killer doesn't know they're a killer? You just said you were in here fixing the FTL, why would your name not show up in the logs?"

Just now, Waterbrick Down said:

"Genie, is this some sort of game to you? There's a man dead, another missing, are you delusional?"

"Thank you for the drink! :wub: "

Gabriella takes a sip of her fresh martini.

"You know, you're being kind of an ass. I did all of that before anybody was murdered. I haven't broken into anyone's room or left weird things since the drive shut down. I'm not delusional, I'm a sociopath. And I was bored. It felt like we were in that lounge for a week and nothing was happening."

Just now, Waterbrick Down said:

"You're not making sense, what do you mean the killer doesn't know they're a killer? You just said you were in here fixing the FTL, why would your name not show up in the logs?"

Gabriella sips her martini.

Gabriella sips her martini again.

"I thought it made sense. That's how other mysteries I've been involved in have proceeded. The killer didn't know until the evidence was presented, just like everybody else. If we win by answering the most questions correctly, how would the killer not know the most if they were informed ahead of time? And I won't show up in the logs the way that old lady is suggesting. I wasn't the one who entered Engineering just before the drive was shut down. I know that."

9 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to check the command line terminal history for anything noteworthy after the computer's been logged onto

"Wonder if the bloke was smart enough to use "history -c" lol."

To my knowledge, nobody has logged you in.

7 hours ago, Pandora said:

Charlotte begins to examine these containers.

The containers are filled with a variety of engineering tools, including a thermomic modulator, a duodonic electronitor, and other tools to keep the FTL drive running. There's also a change of uniform for Gabriella, an emergency radiation suit, and some fashionable engineers overalls. There's also a locked compartment that requires the key code to enter. It seems important. 

6 hours ago, KotZ said:

I walk around the gray floor tiles, seeing if any are loose or moveable. "Is there anything under here? A crawlspace? Could someone or something be hidden underneath?"

Some of the gray floor tiles lift up, revealing complex circuitry and electrical panels. There doesn't appear to be any way to fit underneath the panels with them closed, and there doesn't appear to be someone hidden down there. There are, however, a couple of bottles of vodka and a bottle of rum in one of the panels that regulates temperature, and is therefore very chilly. It seems you've found someone's booze stash.

5 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

I will go behind/under the stairs to look for any clues.

The stairs are packed close to the main FTL drive chamber, and there's just enough room for you squeeze by. It doesn't appear as though it's a frequented part of engineering, but there are some panels that regular atmospheric controls.

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

You're unable to detect exactly where Ezra Parry, but you can detect that all the player characters are in this part of the ship. There are also three lifesigns at the front of the ship. On which floor you cannot tell. The sensors on this ship were not designed to track people and are not as refined as a proper navy starship. 

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

There's no trash cans in engineering, but there does appear to be a hazardous materials disposal bin. Opening it might prove dangerous.

2 hours ago, Hinckley said:

The sensors are not fine enough to accurately determine where each individual is or who the individuals are considering it cannot make distinctions, but they can ascertain that the majority of lifesigns before the sensors were manipulated appear to be in and around the cabin area, with some on the bridge and at least two to three people in or near rear of the ship around the engineering section. Beyond that, the sensor data does not give you any more details.

3 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Ah, yes 'culture'. Culture of a demonic looking alien. That's not culture. Culture is things like good books, such as my own, or fine brandy. Not this whatever it is." Mallory harrumphs. "And why exactly did you put this thing in my medicine cabinet? Fairly rude of staff to be going through paying guests cabins and placing objects in there. Be assured I will be mentionng you by name in my review of this voyage."

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

Some of the gray floor tiles lift up, revealing complex circuitry and electrical panels. There doesn't appear to be any way to fit underneath the panels with them closed, and there doesn't appear to be someone hidden down there. There are, however, a couple of bottles of vodka and a bottle of rum in one of the panels that regulates temperature, and is therefore very chilly. It seems you've found someone's booze stash.

"Fantastic, don't mind if I do." Mallory takes the stash for himself and pours a drink of vodka.

"Oh you know, just 'cuz I hate the passengers. Oliver is an artist. Pfft. :hmpf: Must be nice to draw stupid pictures and have people pay you millions of dollars for them.

"I don't get it either but I'm not gonna complain."

"I thought it made sense. That's how other mysteries I've been involved in have proceeded. The killer didn't know until the evidence was presented, just like everybody else."

Spoiler

Yeah this isn't mafia last time I checked lol.

17 minutes ago, Bob said:

but there does appear to be a hazardous materials disposal bin. Opening it might prove dangerous.

Pops off lid

"Ooh! Glowy!"

47 minutes ago, Bob said:

There's also a locked compartment that requires the key code to enter. It seems important.

I'd like to unlock the compartment with the keycode I obviously know since this is my Engineering bay.

There are, however, a couple of bottles of vodka and a bottle of rum in one of the panels that regulates temperature, and is therefore very chilly. It seems you've found someone's booze stash.

"I'm pretty sure that's mine."

You're unable to detect exactly where Ezra Parry, but you can detect that all the player characters are in this part of the ship. There are also three lifesigns at the front of the ship. On which floor you cannot tell. The sensors on this ship were not designed to track people and are not as refined as a proper navy starship.

OK, so Ezra is at the front of the ship and alive? It's not sensing Alfie in the freezer because he's dead? How does the sensor sense life signs? Is it one word because it's a brand of watch or something that people wear?? Is it actual signs of life?

"If so, we should find him right away. Perhaps he's been almost murdered and can tell us who did it before he dies!"

The sensors are not fine enough to accurately determine where each individual is or who the individuals are considering it cannot make distinctions, but they can ascertain that the majority of lifesigns before the sensors were manipulated appear to be in and around the cabin area, with some on the bridge and at least two to three people in or near rear of the ship around the engineering section. Beyond that, the sensor data does not give you any more details.

I would like to recall exactly where I was before the drive shut down.

32 minutes ago, KotZ said:

"Ah, yes 'culture'. Culture of a demonic looking alien. That's not culture. Culture is things like good books, such as my own, or fine brandy. Not this whatever it is." Mallory harrumphs. "And why exactly did you put this thing in my medicine cabinet? Fairly rude of staff to be going through paying guests cabins and placing objects in there. Be assured I will be mentionng you by name in my review of this voyage."

"Fantastic, don't mind if I do." Mallory takes the stash for himself and pours a drink of vodka.

"1. I already explained why I did it, try to listen. 2. I'm not staff, I'm a member of the ship's crew 3. Get your hands off my stash.

32 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

Pops off lid

"Did you learn nothing from Senorita Teapot Smasher?" :hmpf:

2 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

"Did you learn nothing from Senorita Teapot Smasher?" :hmpf:

"Don't mind me lass."

Reaches inside and feels around for dead bodies

Gabriella goes to a terminal and continues clicks button after button, assuming she can find what she's looking for then finally gives up and says,

" @Bob Can we get the ship map posted in the first post of the chapter please? That would be helpful. Maybe with indicators of where we've already been? Please and thank you."

3 hours ago, Bob said:

To my knowledge, nobody has logged you in.

Noah logs in to the terminal so that Oliver @Trekkie99 can check whatever he wanted to check.

4 hours ago, Bob said:

The containers are filled with a variety of engineering tools, including a thermomic modulator, a duodonic electronitor, and other tools to keep the FTL drive running. There's also a change of uniform for Gabriella, an emergency radiation suit, and some fashionable engineers overalls. There's also a locked compartment that requires the key code to enter. It seems important.

There's no trash cans in engineering, but there does appear to be a hazardous materials disposal bin. Opening it might prove dangerous.

"We have a radiation suit...any one?"

6 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Thank you for the drink! :wub: "

Gabriella takes a sip of her fresh martini.

"You know, you're being kind of an ass. I did all of that before anybody was murdered. I haven't broken into anyone's room or left weird things since the drive shut down. I'm not delusional, I'm a sociopath. And I was bored. It felt like we were in that lounge for a week and nothing was happening."

"Is that how you ended up here? Failed your psych review with the navy? I don't understand you..."

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

OK, so Ezra is at the front of the ship and alive? It's not sensing Alfie in the freezer because he's dead? How does the sensor sense life signs? Is it one word because it's a brand of watch or something that people wear?? Is it actual signs of life?

"If so, we should find him right away. Perhaps he's been almost murdered and can tell us who did it before he dies!"

"That's the storage area, what would he be doing in there?"

11 hours ago, Bob said:

So Ezra is somewhere at the front of the ship with two others? Presumably that should be out next port of call after we’ve finished searching in here.

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"That's the storage area, what would he be doing in there?"

Hiding maybe? Though I couldn’t think why.

11 hours ago, Bob said:

Think it might be worth taking the radiation suit with us in case we need it for later.

8 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"We have a radiation suit...any one?"

"Oh yeah... Should probably do that first."

"Anything else we want to check after we check the computers, compartment, and toxic vat before we head over to the front of the ship?"

23 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I'd like to unlock the compartment with the keycode I obviously know since this is my Engineering bay.

I would like to recall exactly where I was before the drive shut down.

You unlock the compartment using the clever keycode 1234 -- it's the same one you use on your luggage. There's a trundomic moduflator inside there, which is used to regulate the FTL drive's flow ratios. It's locked in the compartment because of how delicate it is.

Alfie's lifesigns are not detectable. It's actual signs of life, yes. You can't tell who the three people are, but considering there's three people missing from this room, it's a good chance he's one of them.

On 9/28/2020 at 7:10 PM, Trekkie99 said:

Pops off lid

23 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Reaches inside and feels around for dead bodies

Oliver gets horrible radiation burns and he dies. The radiation spreads throughout the compartment, killing everyone.

Gabriella stops Oliver before he can fucking kill himself and everyone else in the room.

23 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Gabriella goes to a terminal and continues clicks button after button, assuming she can find what she's looking for then finally gives up and says,

" @Bob Can we get the ship map posted in the first post of the chapter please? That would be helpful. Maybe with indicators of where we've already been? Please and thank you."

Yes, we can.

20 hours ago, Kristel said:

Noah logs in to the terminal so that Oliver @Trekkie99 can check whatever he wanted to check.

The computer doesn't yield any interesting information. It appears someone has wiped the search history.

AEkTCC1.png

You have visited: The Lounge, Rooms 1e and 1g, the kitchen/storage, and engineering. 

This will now be in the first post. An addendum will be made as we visit rooms. I'll also add it to the discussion thread.

Gabriella takes a sip of her martini, then spits it out.

"If Ezra is on the bridge, what the fuck would he be doing there? He shouldn't even have access! Shouldn't we get there immediately to ensure he isn't killing Jason or Pierce?"

If we have time as we rush over to the bridge, and I assume we have like 24 hours, I'd like to scan every keycard to learn which doors which passenger opened and at what times.