50375752243_4565d93746_h.jpg

The Heavy Cruiser is an expensive, but deadly Kushan Super Capital Ship invented during the Exodus. Mounting 4 Ion Cannons and 6 heavy turrets, it can single-handedly wipe out multiple frigates. Its heavy armor and short repair time make it one of the most durable ships as well.
— Encyclopedia Hiigara

More renders can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/ORr8fkh

Edited by The Mugbearer

Ah yes, the heavy cruiser I could rarely build because I had already stolen four to five Qwaar-Jet heavy cruisers from the Taiidan! :laugh:  Very cool build!  My only suggestions would be to add the lights on the bridge located behind the ventral twin-ion beam cannon turret (oddly one of my favorite features of the Avatar for some reason) and make the engines look a bit more vertically linear; otherwise, it's a really solid build!

@Sajuuk thank you! :D

I wasn't quite aware that it's the bridge on the underside. In hindsight, makes sense, though!

As for the engines, I am not quite sure I follow what exactly you mean by "vertically linear" in this case. Could you elaborate?

@JintaiZ @Ragana9289 thank you both!

Edited by The Mugbearer

@The Mugbearer Of course!  I apologize, as I just now realize how vague that sounds! :laugh:  So, the Kushan drive sections used a solid, linear "light" for their (plasma?) emissions.  The Avatar had two of these that were laid out vertically, like this.  The six 2x2 round tiles are more reminiscent of the Taiidan drive sections, like the one on the Qwaar-Jet.  There might be a way to accomplish that via some translucent 24246 tiles aligned with some 1x1 and 1x2 translucent tiles?  All of that being said, Hiigaran vessels from HW2 used drive sections more similar to old Taiidan ships, and the Vagyr used drive sections very similar to the old Kushan designs, so these Avatar cruisers could very well fit as a "post-homecoming" transitional design between the Kushan Exodus period Avatar and the End-TImes Hiigaran Destroyer/Battlecruiser.  Still, and outstanding MOC!

@Sajuuk Honestly when I was putting in the thrusters I was just looking to fill out the space because I didn't have the full 360 degree reference of the ship. Should've looked more thoroughly, I guess hahah. Changing those shouldn't pose a problem.