Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2021 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Loved the Wildlife safari set as well, interesting parts.

Certainly overpriced at €35 retail (not as bad as 2020 Caravan though) but 3-in-1 does tend to get pretty big discounts usually.

As for Summer, beside the rumoured Castle, I'm hoping for at least 1 more shop or house to add to the 2019/2020 range of "Townhouse (Pet/Toy)" series, or a standalone house akin to 2017 Park Street Townhouse / Modular Family Villa .

City does have a family house this year since a long long time, but it's a bit simpler, due to lower age range (5+) .

Edited by TeriXeri

On 4/1/2021 at 2:16 AM, hagridshut said:

Nice brick built animals.  The tree house is a bit odd, but an interesting build with good colors.  Not a set I'd go out of my way to buy for myself, but I wouldn't mind receiving one as a gift!

The review did convince me to get it couple week ago when I saw it for around €22 (down from €35).

Certainly loved the little details like the sink using this piece sideways : 68013.t1.png, or one of the flowers looking like a Protea imo, and the other flower using sand green hotdogs.

The printed elephant tile was interesting 3068bpb1644.t1.png as right now, it's only in this set, and the elephants actually have studs on them, which are different from the recent Friends elephants, wonder if there would be new LEGO elephants in the future (since there was a Lion safari City set recently as well).

Alternate builds I have not built myself but the variation is good making a sailboat or airplane out of a tree house build, instead of just 3 treehouses using less parts.

The croc is the weaker point in terms of movement but still decent, I like the scale better then the croc from the 2020 Houseboat.

3-in-1 still my favorite theme , just looking forward for summer sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 4/3/2021 at 2:06 AM, TeriXeri said:

wonder if there would be new LEGO elephants in the future

Adult and baby elephant are in the Safari Rescue summer City wave. 

Creator castle leak spotted! It's much better and bigger (?) than last years pirate ship, perhaps even on of the best Creator sets in recent years.

It looks great! Just seen @Brick Clicker video on YouTube of it. Two Black Falcon knights (and a civilian and brick built green dragon). Looking forward to the official images and seeing the back of it and the other models in more detail.

I saw the castle and was a bit disappointed... I thought there would be much more grey pieces. The yellow walls don't look that great to me, but perhaps the official reveal will change my mind.

Agreed. I like the yellow. I think the balance is really good. It feels very much like a living castle. But maybe you'd call it a fortified town, rather than a true castle, so may not be what you want. I'm a fan though. It will work really nicely with the Ideas Blacksmith too, although shame the scale is going to be very different.

6 minutes ago, danth said:

I think the yellow walls are supposed to be a callback to this:

Thanks for posting that image!  In that context, the yellow walls make a lot more sense.

I didn't own much Castle stuff in the 80's, because Space was my theme, but I always enjoyed looking at the Castle sets in the product catalogs.

This new 3-in-1 castle interests me very much.  It looks like it could be a small city, since it has a water wheel to generate power and some brick-built chickens, indicating an agriculture operation.  I really want to see the interior.  

Apparently I have been living under a rock, had no idea this set was about to drop. Really looking forward to seeing it, probably a day one buy for me. 

What are the rumors of the biggest Creator set of this year, not being the Modular Building set? And the Creator Expert line is officially discontinued? :pir-bawling:

5 hours ago, Sam27 said:

......And the Creator Expert line is officially discontinued? :pir-bawling:

Don't shed too many tears about this.  Simply being replaced with different packaging and was announced about a year ago.

Here is a piece discussing the strategy from early June 2020:  https://www.brothers-brick.com/2020/06/07/legos-new-adult-product-strategy-why-lego-is-retiring-creator-expert-feature/

Ferris Wheel might be interesting as well, 1002 pieces, I wonder what kinds of size and alternate builds it could have.

I also loved the brick-built animal series of recent years, so the Crocodile set could be fun.

Edited by TeriXeri

According to the Lego store I work at, the New name for Creator Expert is LEGO Icons. Don't know if this is known information.

4 hours ago, Modal said:

According to the Lego store I work at, the New name for Creator Expert is LEGO Icons. Don't know if this is known information.

That would be a bit of shame and rather odd. It suggests things like the landmarks series or cars. I suppose much of the Creator Expert line is already those things, but modular buildings aren't icons. Neither are the winter village sets. Or the botanicals. Or the fairground collection.

But the naming convention for internal grouping is not nearly as important as amazing sets, so hopefully they continue with a decent range of great stuff.

On 4/28/2021 at 11:31 PM, TeriXeri said:

Ferris Wheel might be interesting as well, 1002 pieces, I wonder what kinds of size and alternate builds it could have.

I also loved the brick-built animal series of recent years, so the Crocodile set could be fun.

from the preliminary image, its minifig scale with 8 cars. It somehow looks like a downgrade version of 10247.

Love the shuttle, fully brick built is always nice, the red/blue stripe reminds me of the 1995 Town Launch Command lego-white-stickered-assembly-with-space (and also used on previous "Space" 3-in-1 sets)

Ferris Wheel certainly looks nice as well, 

On 4/29/2021 at 7:56 PM, whung said:

from the preliminary image, its minifig scale with 8 cars. It somehow looks like a downgrade version of 10247.

It's also less then half the price and piece count , but yes it does use the same colors for each section, this one I am very interested to see what Alternate builds they can come up with those parts.

I’m excited for the new ferris wheel, I don’t have the older sets and wasn’t going to pay the retired prices.   

Alternate builds on the Shuttle look fantastic, a Saturn V and a Lunar Lander, both still decently sized and well detailed.

The shuttle, I think, is excellent. Seems like a great thing to give your child while you work on the Discovery shuttle. :classic: With those alternate builds, who needs the larger models?

The Ferris wheel is going to get a pass from me. While it looks okay, there are much better options. (Like the Creator Expert version.) 

The castle looks great! Excellent price per part, and an amazing-looking build. I'm impressed! 

31122 Fish Tank set, that's unexpected, but looks very fun : 

Very colorful aquarium main build, with a Painting Easel and a Treasure Chest+Sword+Crab+Seagull Alternate builds.

31121 Crocodile , seems a bit larger compared to previous brick built animals but very detailed in terms of nails, teeth and scales, with a Snake and Frog alternate.