Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2021 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

4 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

31120 Medieval Castle

YES!

2020: Ideas Pirate Ship, Creator Pirate Ship

2021: Ideas Blacksmith Shop, Creator Castle

2022: Space?

@Klaus-Dieter, yes it could be too small and there is that risk. But the Creator Expert set is vast and this is only half the piece count, so hopefully not too bad. The UFO carousel works compared to the much more complex Expert version, and the pirate roller coaster is still great compared to the Expert one. On a personal note, I have the roller coaster, carousel, Ferris wheel and haunted house set up on a shelf behind me as my Zoom background, all with lights. So it's a pain to get them down to play with, with my four year old. If she can have her own version of all of them, so much the better, as it will reduce the frequency of getting them down.

Especially when you've dropped the 10261 expert roller coaster trying to carry it from the office to the living room!

Edited by RichardGoring

12 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

@Klaus-Dieter, yes it could be too small and there is that risk. But the Creator Expert set is vast and this is only half the piece count, so hopefully not too bad. The UFO carousel works compared to the much more complex Expert version, and the pirate roller coaster is still great compared to the Expert one. On a personal note, I have the roller coaster, carousel, Ferris wheel and haunted house set up on a shelf behind me as my Zoom background, all with lights. So it's a pain to get them down to play with, with my four year old. If she can have her own version of all of them, so much the better, as it will reduce the frequency of getting them down.

Especially when you've dropped the 10261 expert roller coaster trying to carry it from the office to the living room!

IMG_20200505_180809.jpg

did you do a darth vader nooooooooooooo when it happened

arrgggghhh and i was hoping to cut down on lego sets for room this year but i will hate myself forever if i dont get both the ferris wheel and castle

I'm really pleased to hear a new castle is on the way. As it's a creator set, hope it doesn't come with brick built horses though.

2 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

did you do a darth vader nooooooooooooo when it happened

Not quite, but having finished it just hours earlier, there were sighs of resignation at having to spend a chunk more time building it up. It now lives on a piece of plywood that's cut to match the base footprint, so it's easy carry and won't slip off.

After the pirate ship last year, I had a feeling this would happen! I like the idea of creator becoming the home of these classic themes, because it means we’ll still be getting things from time to time. I don’t know if I’ll get it yet though, because other things might be a priority to me, but if it’s anything like the ship, then we’re in for a treat!

Do we think the castle 3 in 1 set will be three distinct builds like Castle,/Village Square/Windmill or something that can be combined if you buy three like castle gatehouse/castle rampart/castle tower?

Personally, I'm really glad we're getting a very affordable Space Shuttle!! However, it also means 10283 probably won't be a space shuttle... :sceptic:

2 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Personally, I'm really glad we're getting a very affordable Space Shuttle!! However, it also means 10283 probably won't be a space shuttle... :sceptic:

10283 had better be a damned real sci-fi Space set! We had a Pirate ship, and now have an upcoming Castle. We need Space! We must complete the triumvirate!

On 1/13/2021 at 3:58 AM, RichardGoring said:

@Klaus-Dieter, ...

IMG_20200505_180809.jpg

Oh no! ?

I hope you get it built up soon again.

10 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I'm really pleased to hear a new castle is on the way. As it's a creator set, hope it doesn't come with brick built horses though.

Unluckily we have to count with brick built animals ... I sadly see no moulded animals in a Creator 3 in 1 set. But I hope that I'm wrong.

8 hours ago, Lacdaran said:

Do we think the castle 3 in 1 set will be three distinct builds like Castle,/Village Square/Windmill or something that can be combined if you buy three like castle gatehouse/castle rampart/castle tower?

For sure it will have two building alternates.

I agree in the village square as alternate build. But I don't see a windmill - perhaps there could be a blacksmith shop or farm instead.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

21 hours ago, Lacdaran said:

I agree with Klaus that almost certainly the alternate builds will be distinct builds rather than components of a larger castle.

What exactly they'll be however I'm far from sure. I don't think a village square makes a lot of sense since medieval houses generally won't be made of stone like a castle. It could be some sort of stone manor I guess. Another option is a stone church/temple.

Another possibility is that the castle isn't overwhelmingly constructed out of stone. Early medieval castles were generally made out of timber. For example a timber curtain wall around a stone keep would allow alternate builds that also use both stone and timber.

Another question is the minifigs. Will they be more similar to classic castle figs, focused on heraldry, or more like CMF and LotR minifigs, more focused on armor and period clothing. Personally I much prefer the latter.

Great that Creator begins to shape as a last safe haven for traditional themes that don't sell well on their own. I really hope Lego continues this approach.

4 hours ago, KristinnK said:

Another question is the minifigs. Will they be more similar to classic castle figs, focused on heraldry, or more like CMF and LotR minifigs, more focused on armor and period clothing. Personally I much prefer the latter.

I suspect the figures will be similar to the CMFs; can't imagine that the new Black Falcons torsos will be used in a cheaper set at present.

Finally some castle content!! I’m hoping they can find a way to make it both classic and unique to other sets released before. Drawing inspiration from classic Lego castles but giving us a level of intricacy and maybe even a type of architecture we’re not used to seeing. Also curious what the side builds are. The pirate ship from last year was one of the only sets where I was more invested in the alternate builds than the main build. This ferris wheel also has potential to be exciting. Not a bad wave but fish bowl sounds kind of lame. 

Edited by cosmic

i feel good with the creator ferris wheel and if its the same size of 31084 rollercoaster perfect

with all these funfair/amusement park sets that have already been released and more to come in the summer i guess they must really sell well

I don't know exactly where to put this info, because I can't find an 18+ forum. VanIslandLego just let me know today that we are getting The Titanic and a secondary stadium, I can back up the stadium with another source. VanIslandLego has perfect track record, so it's believable, but take it how you will.

3 minutes ago, Brotherfromanotherbrick said:

I don't know exactly where to put this info, because I can't find an 18+ forum. VanIslandLego just let me know today that we are getting The Titanic and a secondary stadium, I can back up the stadium with another source. VanIslandLego has perfect track record, so it's believable, but take it how you will.

Is it another football/soccer stadium, or another sport?? And an 18+ Titanic?/ That'll be huge.

12 hours ago, Brotherfromanotherbrick said:

For the stadium, that's the landmark buildings thread.

For the Titanic, I'm starting a new thread immediately.

So bigger pics of the Space Mining Mech and I think I actually "get it" now; the blue thing under the windscreen is, I think, a brick-built helmeted head of a human astronaut. Which isn't something I'd ever expect. I mean, have they done a brick-built person in Creator? It's usually minifigs. 

Edited by danth

I assume discussion about the rumoured Space Shuttle set goes here. I’d love to get a shuttle to go next to my Saturn and Eagle models but I’m curious as to which shuttle name they’d use and surprised if it was one of the 2 fateful vehicles.

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

I assume discussion about the rumoured Space Shuttle set goes here. I’d love to get a shuttle to go next to my Saturn and Eagle models but I’m curious as to which shuttle name they’d use and surprised if it was one of the 2 fateful vehicles.

Discussion of the Space Shuttle Colombia (10283) is here.  As an Expert type set, it has its own thread.

Also, I haven't seen you in the Special LEGO Themes forum before, so welcome!

11 hours ago, hagridshut said:

LEGO Creator Surfer Beach House 31118 review from Jangbricks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Nx3jP1PkA

There are 2 sets of hinges that open up, allowing for some interesting display options.  Overall, a nice build and good collection of pieces for MOCs.

Certainly an interesting set, and the darkblue/yellow color scheme works well with the 2015 Beach Hut and 2017 Island Adventures if people happen to have those sets.

@Vilhelm22 I’m mainly in the Technic forum, and occasionally the SW one. But I did do a review of Forma which I think might be in this part of the forum. Thanks for the link to the shuttle thread.

According to Zusammengebaut's toy fair coverage, this summer will have a 3-in-1 Elephant/Rhino/something else and a 3-in-1 planet set with Earth/Uranus/Pluto.

https://zusammengebaut.com/live-ticker-keine-spielwarenmesse-2021-alle-lego-neuheiten-113557/

Edit, the joke's on me, apparently.  It's not April 1, and Zusammengebaut is usually a trustworthy source.  Sorry about that.

The entire article was a joke by Zusammengebaut, and they admitted as such deep in the comments.  I don't usually read the comments on Zusammengebaut, so I took the article at face value even though it seemed a little strange.  I'm sorry for posting something false.  It was entirely unintentional.  Gosh darnit, the 27th of January is not the 1st of April!

Edited by icm

The only thing I'm really disappointed about is that there isn't going to be a single townhouse in the vain of 31097 Townhouse Pet Shop & Café (imo the best Creator 3 in 1 set ever) or 31105 Townhouse Toy Store this year! The last years these always have been the Creator (3 in 1) sets I really have been looking for and mostly have bought them, too, because they have gone perfectly with City houses. :cry_sad:

In contrast, this year's safari tree hut and surfer beach house sadly have closed backwalls. Yes, the beach house has that hinge mechanism - but (like the pictures show) when you move it in the position that the back of the hut is open to see its interior and then display it this way, the house looks really weird.

So I hope that this summer TLG then will release at least a D2C Creator set like 40305 Lego Brand Store (but this time please not again a Lego Store but a different store)!

Edited by Klaus-Dieter