Sign in to follow this  
Ignatius666

Moc Tower on Mandalore

Hello there!

I wanted to show my first real architectural steps in the Star Wars World - I got inspired by the Mega-Project from Solid Brix Studios. I really like the design of Mandalore, it's simple and beautiful and effective. But enough words, see for yourself:

IMG_2927 small.jpg

Edited by Ignatius666

@Ignatius666 welcome to Eurobricks and thanks for sharing your build! I like the shiny futuristic vibe of your tower although the red corner slopes are a little out of place (I know how hard it can be sometimes to find exactly the right pieces).

Your comment on image hosting comes up frequently. EB is not an image host, so you should store your images elsewhere and link to them when you post a topic. Take a look at this topic for detailed instructions about how to share photos from Flickr:

I mean the tower's great, but do you have any closer images of that ship? :excited:

Seriously the tower is pretty good though. It's recognizably mandalorian architecture despite mandalore not really having any iconic buildings besides the throne room (or really just the interior), which is pretty impressive.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mean the tower's great, but do you have any closer images of that ship? :excited:

In fact, I have a complete topic in the german forum of "imperium-der-steine" about that ship and even instructions for sale on rebrickable. But these are for an older version, I didn't had the mood to update them so far.

Maybe I'll do a complete thread about my Mandalorian Builds, there are several now and a huge base. Maybe I just use my german posts and throw them through google translate :grin:

On 9/24/2020 at 3:26 PM, jimmynick said:

@Ignatius666 welcome to Eurobricks and thanks for sharing your build! I like the shiny futuristic vibe of your tower although the red corner slopes are a little out of place (I know how hard it can be sometimes to find exactly the right pieces).

Your comment on image hosting comes up frequently. EB is not an image host, so you should store your images elsewhere and link to them when you post a topic. Take a look at this topic for detailed instructions about how to share photos from Flickr:

Pinterest works as well, and keeps you clear of the regularly changing subscription issues with flickr. Once you've uploaded the photo you just need to click on it in the pin, which will open the image in a new tab and copy the url from there.

It's very true that Flickr has issues :grin: but the key is really to upload the image somewhere in the appropriate size, find the direct link to the image, and post it in the thread — whether it's Flickr, Brickshelf, Imgur or, indeed, Pinterest.

Happy building @Ignatius666 and I hope to see more!

not to take away from this excellent tower and turn this into a "how to post images" thread, but I've found linking from bricksafe works well too. It's free, and you can upload high quality images